TEXTURE EXTRACTION XBLA GAME!!!!

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.

Post Mar 10th '12, 13:10

""""Hi.
I'm pissed off with a simple problem.
Do not know anything about programming.
but I am facing a problem that I think should be related.

I bought the Game, Perfect Dark XBLA [XBoxLiveArcade] and their need to extract to HD textures.

The Problem and to extract the file, get another full of zeros.
Extracting it with Le Fluffie exits the game directory and files.
But the textures are in a compressed format beyond recognition software for any computer
."""

this question is that all people who tried to extract files from XBLA has.
But for now, no response.

I enrolled in this community, and I made this topic because apparently do not have "nothing" on the Internet about how to extract whole archives of XBLA games.

So maybe here is not the first.

Annex pictures of how the file is. [Must be equal for all XBLA games]

I do not know if you already know but some XBLA games use a more modern textures.
It's called, Procedual Textures
and is quite surprising. Instead of using it to generate textures stored in real time! Incredible but I'm pretty sure this game I'm trying to extract not use it.

So who knows programming and want to contribute to more knowledge on this topic that has just been born, feel comfortable.

It's great to discuss and talk with a community so rich in content.

Anyone who wants to contribute their knowledge and experience would be great.

In short order the topic is: Clarify ways to Extract Files and Textures complete games XboxLiveArcade [But it also can talk about any other system or games]. For example and in particular, Perfect Dark. [XBLA].

Those who know something, please feel free to share.

Hope you enjoy the development of ideas.

And who is there already thinking of talking fudge, I say that this topic despite being on a game for XBLA, has everything to do with this forum it is on your schedule. Not about piracy or mods.
But also have nothing against piracy or mods.

And in time, sorry for compliance wrong English, is that I'm from Brazil, and have not had time to learn English.

Hug.

1M1
Last edited by 1Marlon on Mar 13th '12, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
1Marlon

Post Mar 11th '12, 14:43

For Treellama:

And friend.
Sorry thought you had programmed a script to extract files from unknown;) [Genius] I'm sorry ... that overestimated.

Actually as I said, I'm not having much luck with the system.

I tried all the software and possible means of extracting the textures, but do not know what the fuck microsoft rare and used to compress the textures.

The computer thinks it is. RAW but clearly is not.
They are in a compressed package of extension unknown.

Extracting the zip of the game leaves a blank file with big name.
extracting the files out of the game but the textures are compressed in a format that only the devil knows.

For Diogenes:

Thank you. I painted it.
Last edited by 1Marlon on Mar 13th '12, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.
1Marlon

Post Mar 13th '12, 17:15

Sorry, I didn't see your posts until now because they didn't show up in View New Posts.

The .cmt textures in Marathon: Durandal were just DXTC DDS files, compressed with zlib. So, it was really easy to figure out what they were. I doubt you'll have the same luck with Perfect Dark!

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Mar 13th '12, 18:26

I like the header.

mchief111

Post Mar 13th '12, 18:47

Treellama wrote:Sorry, I didn't see your posts until now because they didn't show up in View New Posts.

The .cmt textures in Marathon: Durandal were just DXTC DDS files, compressed with zlib. So, it was really easy to figure out what they were. I doubt you'll have the same luck with Perfect Dark!

And friend.
Sorry thought you had programmed a script to extract files from unknown;) [Genius] I'm sorry ... that overestimated.

Actually as I said, I'm not having much luck with the system.

I tried all the software and possible means of extracting the textures, but do not know what the fuck microsoft rare and used to compress the textures.

The computer thinks it is. RAW but clearly is not.
They are in a compressed package of extension unknown.

Extracting the zip of the game leaves a blank file with big name.
Extracting it leaves the directory and files of the game, but as I said the texture file is the devil.
1Marlon

Post Mar 13th '12, 18:51

Diogenes wrote:I like the header.

Thanks I did that.
1Marlon

Post Mar 14th '12, 01:34

Kholdfusion posted some information about the textures.raw file. It looks like Ice Mario at the RWP has extracted them fully. I did not find any tools or instructions posted by him, though.
Last edited by Hopper on Mar 14th '12, 01:35, edited 1 time in total.
Aleph One:  Download 1.1         Plugins:  Vasara  ·  more

Hopper

Return to Chat