Monster triggers and activation

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.

Post Mar 15th '12, 19:24

All I've really used for activating monsters is activated by nearby enemies. It's worked better than having the player shoot enemies to wake them up. In the last map I made, Polygons, Platforms, and Duct Tape, I tried using a visible monster trigger to activate some enemies on the ledge by having them teleport in. Stepping on the trigger seemed to not only activate those units, but also some others behind some doors. Not sure why it did that.

I was wondering if anybody could specificly tell me how the visible, invisible, and dual monster triggers work. Knowing this infomation would help me make better stuff.
Thanks in advance.
Youtube Channel:Crosstroop3r // Traxus Wiki User Page: Crosstrooper
My Marathon uploads: Destiny
Coming eventually: PROJECT-M
Destiny
USA

Post Mar 15th '12, 20:19

It seems you need to work in some zone borders. :)

Also: Invisible works with teleporting monsters only. Dual works with both visible and potential (not teleported-in yet). If you want doors to be unopenable by aliens, de-check that box in the door options.
Last edited by Dugit on Mar 15th '12, 20:19, edited 1 time in total.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Mar 15th '12, 20:24

No, the aliens didn't open the doors. I could just hear them chattering and they were moving behind the door (there was nowhere to go though).

Thanks for telling me what the other two triggers do.
Youtube Channel:Crosstroop3r // Traxus Wiki User Page: Crosstrooper
My Marathon uploads: Destiny
Coming eventually: PROJECT-M
Destiny
USA

Post Mar 15th '12, 20:48

Destiny wrote:No, the aliens didn't open the doors. I could just hear them chattering and they were moving behind the door (there was nowhere to go though).

Thanks for telling me what the other two triggers do.

set up zone borders to prevent the trigger from leaking into other rooms.

forge tutorials
http://www.youtube.com/user/PlacidPlatypus7
words

ellio7t
long beach, ca no, now I live in L.A.

Return to Mapping