Title Screen Change

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.

Post Oct 18th '12, 05:33

I noticed this some time ago but I'm still curious: why the change in the look of the title?

Original

Revised

Original
[attachment=5797:M2_original.jpg]

Revised
[attachment=5798:M2_revised.jpg]
Attachments
M2_revised.jpg
M2_revised.jpg (221.7 KiB) Viewed 1154 times
M2_original.jpg
M2_original.jpg (229.77 KiB) Viewed 1154 times

Ares Ex Machina

Post Oct 25th '12, 05:41

Because it looks better.
Enzan

Post Oct 25th '12, 07:18

I'm running 1.0.2 and the (infinity) title screen looks the same as always for me.
Last edited by Crater Creator on Oct 25th '12, 07:19, edited 1 time in total.

Crater Creator

Post Oct 29th '12, 06:49

Crater Creator wrote:I'm running 1.0.2 and the (infinity) title screen looks the same as always for me.

Where did you get the Images file currently residing in your Marathon Infinity folder?

Ares Ex Machina

Post Oct 29th '12, 08:49

From my original Marathon Infinity CD. Where'd you find something different? The trilogy release site perhaps? That's probably where most people got their Images file these days, but it should be identical, no?

Crater Creator

Post Oct 29th '12, 20:20

Crater Creator wrote:From my original Marathon Infinity CD. Where'd you find something different? The trilogy release site perhaps? That's probably where most people got their Images file these days, but it should be identical, no?

If you download the games from source.bungie.org, you will get Images files that are different from the originals. But the trilogy release site still has the original files (as near as I can tell). As for where the majority of people get their files, my guess is source.bungie.org.

But if we really want to find out, surely the only way is to take a pollolololol.

Ares Ex Machina

Post Oct 29th '12, 23:11

Ares Ex Machina wrote:But if we really want to find out, surely the only way is to take a pollolololol.

I'd hate to bother Treellama with a poll if we don't actually need one. To find out if we really need one, I created a poll.

Wrkncacnter

Return to Aleph One Discussion