Guests

Pfhorums news can be found here. Have a question or suggestion for the Pfhorums? Ask it here.

Post Jun 27th '07, 01:29

Has anyone else noticed the increase of guests on the Pfhorums? Is it because of that GfW article or somthin'? Just wondering because today at 4:41 A.M. we broke the record for most users ever online. [MTongue]

Windbreaker
South Park, CO

Post Jun 27th '07, 01:31

I've wondered about this too. I must note, however, that another time we got a lot of guest hits, the Pfhorums got hacked by that guy.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Jun 27th '07, 01:33

irons wrote:I've wondered about this too. I must note, however, that another time we got a lot of guest hits, the Pfhorums got hacked by that guy.

That guy meaning hawkeyefile?

I hope the Pfhorums doesn't get hacked again... But I doubt it.

Windbreaker
South Park, CO

Post Jun 27th '07, 01:35

When did Hawkeye hack the Pfhorums? Unless he was that one guy who hacked us, but simply helped Switch make the site more secure. Supposedly.
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Jun 27th '07, 01:38

irons wrote:When did Hawkeye hack the Pfhorums?

I don't know, I was asking. :)

To my knowledge, everyone here hates hawkeye, so I just assumed he hacked the Pfhorums or something . . .
Last edited by Windbreaker on Jun 27th '07, 01:42, edited 1 time in total.

Windbreaker
South Park, CO

Post Jun 27th '07, 03:42

Nah, he didn't hack the Pfhorums, he was just a testicle tart.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jun 27th '07, 03:44

We just hated Hawkeye because he was himself.

irons
(.Y.)

Post Jun 27th '07, 14:04

Are we getting boatloads of people on Meta? Ill go check....

Its a good thing Ryoko told evreyone to growup but Ifear it might be too little too late...

[EDIT] nope, there was no one there. I find it difficult to belive that a whole load of people saw the article and are hanging around the pfhorums and not playing games. Think its bots?
Last edited by herecomethej2000 on Jun 27th '07, 14:07, edited 1 time in total.

herecomethej2000
Ledyard, CT

Post Jun 27th '07, 14:10

irons wrote:We just hated Hawkeye because he was himself.

No it was because of how bad of an admin he was in the first pfhorums.
Last edited by Shadowbreaker on Jun 27th '07, 14:10, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Jun 27th '07, 15:32

Think its bots?

It almost certainly is, yeah. But I'm not exactly sure what kind of damage that many guests can do, besides sap at bandwidth.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jun 27th '07, 18:40

Not our bandwidth....

You can never appreciate to many guests. Maybe, just maybe they will actually play Marathon. :D
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Jun 27th '07, 20:27

I'm actually quite worried. What if they're all spammers and attempt to register accounts?

Lugas

Post Jun 27th '07, 20:51

Lugas wrote:I'm actually quite worried. What if they're all spammers and attempt to register accounts?

OH NOES!! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!1!
Bourne

Post Jun 27th '07, 23:45

I'm actually quite worried. What if they're all spammers and attempt to register accounts?

You're worried about this? There are three possible outcomes.

1) They don't register accounts. Result: who cares?
2) They do register, but they don't trump our AMAZING anti-spam. Result: the accounts eventually get purged in a mass-purge.
3) They do register, and then proceed to spam the board. Result: the account gets deleted within the day as well as all of the posts, and (usually) the email domain gets added to the banlist.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jun 28th '07, 20:09

Unless he was that one guy who hacked us, but simply helped Switch make the site more secure. Supposedly.

Not really. I mean he said to upgrade the board and take down backdoor, but the whole deleting-the-directory part kinda outweighed that.

Switch
NYC

Post Jun 30th '07, 00:13

herecomethej2000 wrote:Are we getting boatloads of people on Meta? Ill go check....

Last time i checked, we were getting boatloads of ppl on the meta who've never played marathon online before (or at all) from 10am-2:30pm eastern USA time. possibly just me.
Can't speel for hist.
Phortiphy

Post Jun 30th '07, 18:01

Sn!per-David, I don't know if you're doing this to evoke a reaction or if you're making an intentionally hateful statement. In any respect, this is Not Okay. Don't do it on the Pfhorums. Period. If I were an admin, I'd put some boot behind my stern vocal warning.

I believe I've warned you before, and at the minimum, I'd like you to edit your posts to remove the offense.

Oh, and to be on-topic, I'm excited if we do in fact have new people on the Meta. More players is more fun, and it means that we might get more people interested in content creation or development to enhance the game for all of us.
Last edited by epstein on Jun 30th '07, 18:03, edited 1 time in total.
~if I had a rocket launcher, I'd make someone~

epstein
North Carolina

Post Jun 30th '07, 23:56

Sn!per-David, I don't know if you're doing this to evoke a reaction or if you're making an intentionally hateful statement. In any respect, this is Not Okay. Don't do it on the Pfhorums. Period. If I were an admin, I'd put some boot behind my stern vocal warning.

I am going to put some boot behind it. That comment was completely uncalled for and therefore has been baleeted.
Last edited by RyokoTK on Jun 30th '07, 23:58, edited 1 time in total.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jul 1st '07, 11:23

I was gonna reply to what i said but i can't remember what i said :/

As far as i remember it was fine? Wtf?
davidwood15
Lochgilphead

Post Jul 1st '07, 18:56

Sn!per-David wrote:I was gonna reply to what i said but i can't remember what i said :/

As far as i remember it was fine? Wtf?

No, it wasn't fine. It had a homosexual slur, which is not okay.

kineticturtle

Post Jul 4th '07, 17:23

Kinetic Turtle wrote:No, it wasn't fine. It had a homosexual slur, which is not okay.

Show me what i said,

I', pretty sure all i said was why do people spam this forum, the people here aren't stupid enough to click the links anyway..
davidwood15
Lochgilphead

Post Jul 4th '07, 17:28

You used the word "faggots," which isn't allowed here.

irons
(.Y.)

Post Jul 4th '07, 20:37

you used the word faggot in a derogatory manner, which to boot was in a post and pfhorum that has nothing to do with sexual orientation

idiot
Last edited by screamingfool on Jul 4th '07, 20:54, edited 1 time in total.

screamingfool

Post Jul 4th '07, 22:24

Wait wait wait... faggot means homosexual?! I thought it just meant you were annoying or stupid or having some sort of bad attitude... ... well that sucks... but it will still remain my battle cry in warcraft III!

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Next

Return to The Pfhorums