Minipax

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.

Post Dec 25th '09, 23:17

I've made a few netmaps since the last release of Cosmic Clouds, and I finally decided to combine them into one pack.

http://www.simplici7y.com/items/minipax

CURRENT VERSION: 4
Last edited by $lave on Apr 21st '12, 18:58, edited 1 time in total.

$lave

Post Dec 26th '09, 21:01

There's something wrong with the Ill Descent in this pack, and yet my copy of the original Ill Descent works fine. The problem is that snow is now in impossibly large blobs, coming down in periodic sheets rather than at random, and the F'lickta color tables are all weird- red and some freak brown as opposed to the original light orange and green.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 26th '09, 21:12

Dugit wrote:There's something wrong with the Ill Descent in this pack, and yet my copy of the original Ill Descent works fine. The problem is that snow is now in impossibly large blobs, coming down in periodic sheets rather than at random, and the F'lickta color tables are all weird- red and some freak brown as opposed to the original light orange and green.

He did that on purpose.
I don't care anymore.

Jim
Dayton, Ohio

Post Dec 26th '09, 21:13

Dugit wrote:There's something wrong with the Ill Descent in this pack, and yet my copy of the original Ill Descent works fine. The problem is that snow is now in impossibly large blobs, coming down in periodic sheets rather than at random, and the F'lickta color tables are all weird- red and some freak brown as opposed to the original light orange and green.

Nothing has actually changed since I last released Ill Descent. The flickta colour table problem existed in the last version too, I just never bothered to fix that. The snow should still work fine, and it should be the size of a normal flickta glob. The snow still works fine for me, so I'm not sure why you'd be having that problem.

$lave

Post Dec 26th '09, 21:22

$lave wrote:Nothing has actually changed since I last released Ill Descent. The flickta colour table problem existed in the last version too, I just never bothered to fix that. The snow should still work fine, and it should be the size of a normal flickta glob. The snow still works fine for me, so I'm not sure why you'd be having that problem.

Then that's quite odd, since I never had color table problems with the original Ill Descent.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 26th '09, 22:27

Dugit wrote:coming down in periodic sheets rather than at random

He was probably too lazy to update to the precipitation lua that works well.
The perfect amount of douche.

lochnits.com ||| The Pfhorums Game ||| Lochball (Fileball Archive)

Wrkncacnter

Post Dec 26th '09, 22:32

W wrote:He was probably too lazy to update to the precipitation lua that works well.

Hmm... the original worked fine. Apart from the projectiles hitting the walls of snow.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 27th '09, 02:48

Dugit wrote:Hmm... the original worked fine. Apart from the projectiles hitting the walls of snow.

Well gee, I wonder why it was updated then.

Could it be that you've answered your own question? Nooo, that couldn't be possible!
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.

L'howon
Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity

Post Dec 27th '09, 09:42

Lh wrote:Well gee, I wonder why it was updated then.

Could it be that you've answered your own question? Nooo, that couldn't be possible!

[MWuh]

OK, yes. I see.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Jan 13th '10, 16:23

Sorry to bump this, but I need to address a problem on Rhubarb.

The rock texture walls also have vertical slide transfer set. It looks weird.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Jan 21st '10, 05:30

Minipax 2 is now in Simplici7y. This version features two new maps.

No changes have been made to any of the older maps yet, although the snow was removed from Ill Descent. There are a couple issues I'd like to address in the older maps later, and I may end up uploading the older version of Ill Descent which used textures instead of projectiles for snow at some point.

Thanks to the various people who have helped me test this :)
Last edited by $lave on Jan 9th '11, 20:54, edited 1 time in total.

$lave

Post Jan 21st '10, 07:19

Dugit's Two Cents

Gestation- 5/5. I adore the map- the texturing is far from bland, and it has some nice architecture. You might want to put some glass on the windows in the southwest, I can get up there.

Albitzz- 4.5/5. Although I love the map, the texturing is a little bland.

Also, there's a problem here with texturing. However, this level is nonetheless excellent.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Jan 22nd '10, 22:18

Dugit wrote:Also, there's a problem here with texturing.

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll fix it for the next release.

$lave

Post Jan 22nd '10, 22:20

you should make all the water have a reflective bottom. it looks so much nicer.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.

envy
Land of the New Rising Sun

Post Jan 23rd '10, 00:19

Are you referring to the use of the water texture (landscape mode) under the actual water? If so, I have to say that really doesn't work for pools that shallow. It makes the water look really deep even though you hit it's bottom at like .3 WU below the surrounding polygons.
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x[i].style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x[i].innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
Dis

Post Jan 23rd '10, 11:08

Dis is right. That only works if you are viewing the pool from far away or it is deep and you can't get in it.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Jan 9th '11, 20:57

Minipax 3 is on Simplici7y now, it has two new maps:

FUSE

Twoism

Last edited by $lave on Jan 9th '11, 23:15, edited 1 time in total.

$lave

Post Jan 16th '11, 03:24

Would "Rhubarb" be a reference to "Donkey Rhubarb"?

gmanyo

Post Jan 16th '11, 04:18

gmanyo wrote:Would "Rhubarb" be a reference to "Donkey Rhubarb"?

It's actually named after another Aphex Twin song, "Rhubarb".
Last edited by $lave on Jan 16th '11, 04:19, edited 1 time in total.

$lave

Post Jan 19th '11, 20:46

Great new maps!

Ares Ex Machina

Post Jan 19th '11, 21:40

Every time I see the title of this topic, I think it's about a "mini Penny Arcade Expo".

ukimalefu

Post Feb 14th '11, 23:59

Any new maps soon?
The guy who is alotted a lot, and I mean"alot,"of rockets to the face.

Furray
West Richland, WA

Post Feb 16th '11, 00:43

I finished one new map, but it sucked. It will probably be awhile before I can make any sort of substantial update.

$lave

Post Apr 29th '11, 03:28

ukimalefu wrote:Every time I see the title of this topic, I think it's about a "mini Penny Arcade Expo".

I thought that was just me!... that would be really awesome.

I also think of the ministry of peace abbreviation from George Orwell's 1984

(Edit- underlined it properly)
Last edited by AttilaGeek on Apr 29th '11, 03:29, edited 1 time in total.
AttilaGeek

Post Apr 29th '11, 04:42

AttilaGeek wrote:I also think of the ministry of peace abbreviation from George Orwell's 1984

That would be where I got the name from :P

$lave

Next

Return to Mapping