Winter 1 - The Venom

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.

Winter 1 - The Venom

Post Sep 3rd '18, 10:12

Been away from plying Marathon for a good while... Recently came back and downloaded Winter 1 - the Venom which I've enjoyed immensely.
One problem though, I can't seem to exit the level Faktree to get onto the last level. I've killed everything and destroyed the two panels but can't exit level from terminal near spawn location. Any help? Thanks! :D
radioskip

Post Sep 7th '18, 18:06

I'd like to help but haven't been able to get it to run yet.
Seem to be missing textures or something, most o the level is black.
All o the first level is black.
I just play 'em; I don't know how they work.

HelviusRufus

Post Sep 12th '18, 02:23

Got it working.
It appears to be a bug. The terminal reads like a success terminal.
I think the teleport is broken.
If you use this console command right after reading the success terminal message, you can teleport to Airport Extreme with all your collected weapons/ammo, just as if the game did it for you.
Spoiler:
Players[0]:teleport_to_level(6)

Or, at least it does on a Windows 10 system.
I just play 'em; I don't know how they work.

HelviusRufus

Post Sep 14th '18, 19:48

Thanks for the reply... I’m using a Mac so not sure if I can type the command in just after exiting the terminal...
radioskip

Post Sep 15th '18, 01:59

It should work on any OS. Press backslash and then type the phrase Helvius posted verbatim, including case.
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

“The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. If you can’t lick ’em, join ’em. If it hurts, repeat it. But to praise despair is to condemn delight, to embrace violence is to lose hold of everything else. We have almost lost hold; we can no longer describe happy man, nor make any celebration of joy.” —Ursula K. Le Guin, “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”

Fool's Gold · Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · Marathon Eternal 1.2 · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge

The Man
Sarasota, FL

Post Sep 16th '18, 15:06

Thanks! it worked, I had no idea I could do that.
radioskip

Post Sep 16th '18, 20:02

No problem. You can do a lot of stuff from that command line interface.
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

“The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. If you can’t lick ’em, join ’em. If it hurts, repeat it. But to praise despair is to condemn delight, to embrace violence is to lose hold of everything else. We have almost lost hold; we can no longer describe happy man, nor make any celebration of joy.” —Ursula K. Le Guin, “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”

Fool's Gold · Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · Marathon Eternal 1.2 · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge

The Man
Sarasota, FL

Return to Marathon Discussion