First Post

Introduce yourself here!

Re: First Post

Post Sep 12th '18, 18:41

This post seemed to have veered from the the original post but Hello All!

I do have some questions from your post "The Man", Where do you download Tario Saga: Road To Araboth? And, you said you are having problems running marathon 1 on Sheapshaver, what are the problems you are having?
MADDmike

Post Sep 12th '18, 18:48

Tario Saga isn’t out yet, AFAIK. Neither is WMAiD. Eternal 1.2, M1R, and Chronicles are out in alpha versions, though.

Marathon will run for fine a few minutes, albeit without sound; then it will soft lock. It’s not a hard crash; command-Q will quit the game and take me back to the main menu. IDK what the cause is. This same problem occurs in Infinity, BTW (and presumably would occur in M2 as well, though I haven’t had any reason to test this since I’ve never had a M2 film desync in A1). Any assistance troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated. (As, for that matter, would be information on how to get SheepShaver to play sound. I’ll admit I haven’t researched either problem very thoroughly, which might be a sign that I’m trying to work on too many projects at once.)
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

“The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. If you can’t lick ’em, join ’em. If it hurts, repeat it. But to praise despair is to condemn delight, to embrace violence is to lose hold of everything else. We have almost lost hold; we can no longer describe happy man, nor make any celebration of joy.” —Ursula K. Le Guin, “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”

Fool's Gold · Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · Marathon Eternal 1.2 · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge

The Man
Sarasota, FL

Post Sep 13th '18, 22:07

Hello all, again! I will make another post in the "Editors, Emulation, Etcetera" and its name will be "Marathon on Sheapshaver troubleshooting." This will be the thread for the rest of the discussion. (This may help someone else with the same problem.)
MADDmike

Post Sep 14th '18, 04:51

Saying M1R is "out" is stretching things a bit. Sure, you can download it and the original storyline is playable, but nothing of the branching storyline or colony missions are. It's just more public-facing than Tario Saga or WMAiD.

ravenshining
Hawai'i

Post Sep 16th '18, 00:12

Your point is well taken, but I did say “out in alpha.” [MTongue] (Though I should still have been more specific, since Eternal 1.2 is in beta now.) Chronicles isn’t anywhere close to finished, either; I’m sure the final version will contain at least ten more levels in the main plot than it currently does, and a lot of its current levels still have a long way to go before I can call them finished. My point is they’re currently playable, even if there are going to be massive changes before they’re finished.
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

“The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. If you can’t lick ’em, join ’em. If it hurts, repeat it. But to praise despair is to condemn delight, to embrace violence is to lose hold of everything else. We have almost lost hold; we can no longer describe happy man, nor make any celebration of joy.” —Ursula K. Le Guin, “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”

Fool's Gold · Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · Marathon Eternal 1.2 · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge

The Man
Sarasota, FL

Previous

Return to Welcome