Chibi Usa Soundtrack in Classic Marathon 1

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.

Chibi Usa Soundtrack in Classic Marathon 1

Post Jan 3rd '19, 21:07

Is there a way to get the modern Quicktime version of Marathon's original MIDI soundtrack to work in Classic Marathon 1 i.e. the Aleph One version that uses the original files? (Both PC and Mac) It seems to only work with M1A1. In Marathon 1 itself, it doesn't seem to detect let alone read the tracks, even after I rename them to 00.ogg, 01.ogg etc.

The Remastered 2.0 soundtrack works, but I don't think it's the same one, though I like both.

Lion O Cyborg
UK (which is IN EUROPE!)

Post Jan 3rd '19, 21:14

Are they .mp3? You don't want to rename them .ogg.

Just call them 00.mp3 instead, and put them in the same place as the Marathon music files.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jan 3rd '19, 21:47

treellama wrote:Are they .mp3? You don't want to rename them .ogg.

Just call them 00.mp3 instead, and put them in the same place as the Marathon music files.

They were ogg to start with, but the folder was Tracks instead of music. I just put the files in the normal music folder without the tracks folder.

Lion O Cyborg
UK (which is IN EUROPE!)

Post Jan 3rd '19, 21:50

That should work. They just need to match the names and locations of the original oggs.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jan 3rd '19, 22:16

treellama wrote:That should work. They just need to match the names and locations of the original oggs.

I tried that and it didn't work, but it did work when I tried it again after reading your post. I must have made a mistake the first time. Thank you.

Lion O Cyborg
UK (which is IN EUROPE!)

Return to Aleph One Discussion