macOS Mojave Crashes Trilogy (Aleph One) on Launch?

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.

macOS Mojave Crashes Trilogy (Aleph One) on Launch?

Post Mar 7th '19, 23:30

Hi Guys!

Seems macOS Mojave is crashing the full trilogy on launch. Double clicking the apps will fade the desktop out but it seems to crash then and the desktop fades back in. Running macOS Mojave 10.14.3 and a fresh download of the Aleph One trilogy from the main site.

Anyone else experiencing this?

:unsure:
Marathoning since 1996. Teens spent in Forge and Anvil. Worked in the triple-A games industry, now indie dev at Astrogun making a Marathon-inspired game called VAST out now for Steam (Wishlist), macOS, iOS and tvOS!

xanderdavis

Post Mar 8th '19, 02:15

I don't have a Mac, but perhaps you should try the latest beta, 1.3b2:

https://github.com/Aleph-One-Marathon/alephone/releases

ravenshining
Hawai'i

Post Mar 25th '19, 16:44

I just got the latest official release again after downloading Eternal again, then the trilogy again. I'm not sure what was going on before but it all works fine now. Proceeded to download other fan scenarios and they're all working. Hmm! Maybe it was some kind of fluke and it's all working fine after a Mac restart now or something.

Anyway, glad they're working! Really am enjoying them!
Marathoning since 1996. Teens spent in Forge and Anvil. Worked in the triple-A games industry, now indie dev at Astrogun making a Marathon-inspired game called VAST out now for Steam (Wishlist), macOS, iOS and tvOS!

xanderdavis

Return to Aleph One Discussion