WMaiD

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.

Re: WMaiD

Post May 21st '18, 20:42

Awesome work! Between this, the updates for Eternal, and Marathon Redux, we may be witnessing the beginning of a Marathon renaissance! [MSmile]

PerseusSpartacus
Somewhere in the 19th Century...

Post May 21st '18, 22:17

Does that make Phoenix the Marathon fall of Rome or the Marathon dark age? I'm fine either way.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post May 21st '18, 22:42

Full disclosure though, those screenshots do look nice.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post May 22nd '18, 06:08

thedoctor45 wrote:
The Man wrote:This looks amazing. Will there be a need for alpha/beta testers, or have you all pretty much gotten that taken care of already?

Thanks, I'll let you know when we hit the closed Beta phase.

Cool, I’ll be looking forward to it.

PerseusSpartacus wrote:Awesome work! Between this, the updates for Eternal, and Marathon Redux, we may be witnessing the beginning of a Marathon renaissance! [MSmile]

I also released a ≈30-level scenario a couple weeks back, which surely has to count for something, even if it’s a relatively unpolished alpha with little original artwork

RyokoTK wrote:Does that make Phoenix the Marathon fall of Rome or the Marathon dark age? I'm fine either way.

Fall of Rome, I think, unless you’re using “dark age” as an analogue to the Dark Age of Comic Books rather than the historical Dark Ages, and I could kinda see it fitting the former – though Red or Evil fit even better. (Of the four major TCs that are mostly in line with the main trilogy’s continuity, though, Phoenix is probably the darkest. And hardest.) On the other hand, it also depends which event you’re using “Fall of Rome” to refer to, since there are several plausible ones.

(I don’t want to derail this too much with a historical tangent, but I could also point to the House of Wisdom in Baghdad as one of several reasons the historical Dark Ages weren’t as dark as commonly believed. Maybe Phoenix is best described as the Marathon House of Wisdom.)
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Fool's Gold · Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge

The Man
Sarasota, FL

Post May 22nd '18, 13:43

We also gave the mines a major redesign btw:

mines.jpg

thedoctor45

Post May 22nd '18, 19:28

RyokoTK wrote:Does that make Phoenix the Marathon fall of Rome or the Marathon dark age? I'm fine either way.

Oh no, it's most definitely the height of the Roman Empire, just before the collapse. [MTongue]

The Man wrote:I also released a ≈30-level scenario a couple weeks back, which surely has to count for something, even if it’s a relatively unpolished alpha with little original artwork

Oops. Sorry, I haven't paid nearly as much attention to that as I should - and I really should pay attention, because the little bits of info that I picked up on by glancing at the thread for it made it sound pretty cool. Apparently I have a lot of catching up to do, but first I need to finish up a Tour of Duty writeup and some concept art for the Redux Hound frames (been really slow on that last one, sorry).

PerseusSpartacus
Somewhere in the 19th Century...

Post May 22nd '18, 23:54

It's fine, and thanks. (I may have more to say after work; I'm getting tired of typing words on a phone screen. Typing 20-ish wpm rather than >100 really sucks.)
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Fool's Gold · Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge

The Man
Sarasota, FL

Post May 24th '18, 21:11

CryoS and I did some tweaking on the Nebulon Rifle today and it turned out really neat so I thought I'd share this with y'all:

test41.gif

thedoctor45

Post Jun 2nd '18, 17:36

Great to hear this is still going strong. I'll find my way out of retirement to play this. If you need an extra beta tester, I'd be glad to throw my hat into the ring.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Jun 2nd '18, 22:03

You couldn't find the time to play Yuge? What kind of 4getter do you think you are???

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jun 3rd '18, 10:40

Continuing in Lolnovian tradition, some generic renders of the gunmodels.

How would an intermediary pistol between infinity and rubicon look?
pistol 1.png

Rubicon inspired AR, this time with a magazine that fits the round!
AR1.png

Nebgun
nebgun.png

These 3 are already more or less implemented atleast sprite wise.

CryoS
The Dungeon

Previous

Return to Marathon Discussion