Floating X HUD Plugin

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.

Post Nov 4th '10, 03:10

The original Floating X is a plugin now, attached below.

The M1A1 version changes the weapons manifest to display the M1 weapons, and has an edited script which allows up to 3 Defence Center Repair chips to be displayed. It's also totally independent from the original now, and is a plugin as well.

Throw either one into their respective scenario's "plugins" folder, make sure it's enabled in Environment preferences and you're ready to roll! Also in Environment preferences, make sure "Use HUD script" is un-checked.

Note: After downloading, open the file, you should see a readme and a .zip file. This .zip file is the one you should put in the plugins folder.

Note the 3 DCR chips in the Assault Rifle screenshot.

EDIT: Corrected version numbers and such, and now includes a ReadMe file.
Attachments
FloatingX_HUD_v1.3_M1A1___.zip
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 67 times
FloatingX_HUD_v1.3___.zip
(965.75 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
HUD_Screenshots.png
HUD_Screenshots.png (877.17 KiB) Viewed 313 times
Last edited by President People on Nov 4th '10, 19:43, edited 1 time in total.
irons wrote:-sigh- How often idiots get elected.
xenmedomaniac (Spambot) wrote:Hallo all, Just
cool

President People
You are Destiny

Post Nov 4th '10, 11:54

Doesn't work.

TectonInd

Post Nov 4th '10, 13:08

Make sure you have
"Use Hud Script"
unchecked or it will override what is in the plugin.

herecomethej2000
Ledyard, CT

Post Nov 4th '10, 13:24

The original wasn't a plugin before? That's crazy!

Edit: wait a second, I totally have a FloatingX plugin in my Marathon Infinity folder. So where did it come from? Did I make it myself?
Last edited by treellama on Nov 4th '10, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.

treellama
Pittsburgh, PA

Post Nov 4th '10, 19:39

TectonInd wrote:Doesn't work.

You may have thrown the folder into the plugins folder without opening it.

Open the file, you should see the readme and a .zip file. Throw that .zip file into the plugins folder.

I should have said that there was a .zip inside the .zip, Pfhorums doesn't let you upload an un-zipped file.

Perhaps Aleph One should look in folders for plugins in a future release? It would make sorting groups of plugins easier.
irons wrote:-sigh- How often idiots get elected.
xenmedomaniac (Spambot) wrote:Hallo all, Just
cool

President People
You are Destiny

Post Nov 4th '10, 19:40

Nice Job!
TBCR Productions: the non profit entertainment group
current projects
A CLE Companion Services for the Code Lyoko Fan
MST3k/Code Lyoko Fan Tribute Show-in Open Writing Stage|up to end of first movie segment scripted
The endless circlejerk called tumblr

TBCR
Raleigh,NC

Post Nov 4th '10, 20:43

Common practice so far has been to make the zip file a plugin itself, rather than putting a zip in a zip. Yo dawg.

treellama
Pittsburgh, PA

Post Nov 4th '10, 20:50

Treellama wrote:Common practice so far has been to make the zip file a plugin itself, rather than putting a zip in a zip. Yo dawg.

Though it is nice that he put a zip in my zip so I could compress while I compress.

Still hasn't worked, though, even though I tried all of the above.
Last edited by TectonInd on Nov 4th '10, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.

TectonInd

Post Nov 4th '10, 21:16

President People wrote:Perhaps Aleph One should look in folders for plugins in a future release?

It doesn't already?

treellama
Pittsburgh, PA

Post Nov 12th '10, 11:05

I was wondering, it would be nice to change the file extension of plugins archives, just like .jar are more or less renamed zip files. It would prevent confusion and allow nice icons.
irons wrote:
QUOTE(irons @ Dec 18 2009, 12:47 AM)
LEAVE ME ALONE STOP HURTING MY FEELINGS

Vladtepes
Nantes, France

Post Nov 12th '10, 13:52

VladTepes wrote:I was wondering, it would be nice to change the file extension of plugins archives, just like .jar are more or less renamed zip files. It would prevent confusion and allow nice icons.

This would require updating the Marathon download sites to accept .plgA files. Fileball is no problem, but S7 is essentially unmaintained.

treellama
Pittsburgh, PA

Post Nov 12th '10, 14:50

Treellama wrote:This would require updating the Marathon download sites to accept .plgA files. Fileball is no problem, but S7 is essentially unmaintained.

Well one can always put said .plgA files in a zip folder, or would that not work?

herecomethej2000
Ledyard, CT

Post Nov 12th '10, 14:59

herecomethej2000 wrote:Well one can always put said .plgA files in a zip folder, or would that not work?

The point of plugins is to be easy to install, though. Just download them and put them in Plugins/

treellama
Pittsburgh, PA

Post Nov 12th '10, 22:21

Well I get your meaning, but unzipping a download is common practice to the point where MacOSX tends to do it for you. And with the actual plugin being renamed .plgA, it would stop people from unziping one further thereby lessening any confusion. Besides, you might want to include a readme.
Last edited by herecomethej2000 on Nov 12th '10, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.

herecomethej2000
Ledyard, CT

Post Jan 21st '11, 21:26

I made a new NEW version (not like my old suckish version) of floating X for M1A1 and i intend to post it to Simplici7y
"Escape will make me God"

zero
Tau Ceti or bust!

Return to Projects