The (hopefully) official "wishlist" thread.

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.

Post Feb 7th '11, 22:00

For the entirety of the Aleph One, there has been suggestions.
For the most part, many of them were bad ideas or things that were already implemented and/or impossible without tearing the fabric of the universe.

The goal of this thread is to condense the classic "IDONTKNOWIFYOUCANDOTHISPLZHAFLIPMEHNAO" threads into one, big yet inviting thread.

You post what you want, and we see what we get as a response.

If it's good enough, make a thread.

For starters:

-Aleph One should have support for some form of area effect colored lighting
-Weland should be able to open M1 Maps in the same way that Aleph One does.
-Shapefusion should have some option to modify M1 shapes files.
-Weland should have a Visual Mode.


That is all for me as of now.
"Escape will make me God"
User avatar

zero
Tau Ceti or bust!

Post Feb 7th '11, 22:09

-Aleph One should have true 3D. Not this shader bullshit.
The perfect amount of douche.

lochnits.com ||| The Pfhorums Game ||| Lochball (Fileball Archive)

Image
User avatar

Wrkncacnter

Post Feb 7th '11, 22:13

DADDY Z3RO wrote:open M1 Maps in the same way Aleph One does.


Aleph One CAN'T open M1A1 maps, they have to be converted to the M2 format.

I'd suggest a little optimization for Shader mode.
User avatar

TectonInd

Post Feb 7th '11, 22:19

TectonInd wrote:Aleph One CAN'T open M1A1 maps, they have to be converted to the M2 format.
joust v5 : killer arcade gameplay // halo - combat evolved : xbox on mararthon
co-op v2 : play better w/friends // learning to live : map w/ryoko
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v3.0!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
User avatar

irons
(.Y.)

Post Feb 7th '11, 22:46

-Aleph One, Weland and JUICE should be able to open m1 maps.
The perfect amount of douche.

lochnits.com ||| The Pfhorums Game ||| Lochball (Fileball Archive)

Image
User avatar

Wrkncacnter

Post Feb 7th '11, 22:51

It's funny you say that, because most of the work I did on JUICE before you got involved was based off a specification for the M1 format that I found on SourceForge somewhere. I didn't even realize what I was looking at until I found half a dozen chunks the spec didn't mention at all.
Last edited by irons on Feb 7th '11, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.
joust v5 : killer arcade gameplay // halo - combat evolved : xbox on mararthon
co-op v2 : play better w/friends // learning to live : map w/ryoko
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v3.0!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
User avatar

irons
(.Y.)

Post Feb 7th '11, 22:56

TectonInd wrote:Aleph One CAN'T open M1A1 maps, they have to be converted to the M2 format.


Error one... The "A1" stands for aleph one.

Error two... Aleph One DOES open the aforementioned maps, but the textures are placed in different order, and doors do not WORK.

If Weland could even open maps like that, it would be possible to modify them.

Or better yet, a map converter.
"Escape will make me God"
User avatar

zero
Tau Ceti or bust!

Post Feb 7th '11, 22:57

I know, I was the one that went through and fixed the documentation :P. But it's good to hear that it should be really easy to do, thanks in advance.
The perfect amount of douche.

lochnits.com ||| The Pfhorums Game ||| Lochball (Fileball Archive)

Image
User avatar

Wrkncacnter

Post Feb 8th '11, 01:22

i'm not going to spend time on my 56k (and i doubt i'll do it when i get back on dsl on monday) loading a marathon video that has a breaking benjamin song in the background and a huge demo version text notification in the foreground. sorry but this does not sound promising or enjoyable.
joust v5 : killer arcade gameplay // halo - combat evolved : xbox on mararthon
co-op v2 : play better w/friends // learning to live : map w/ryoko
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v3.0!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
User avatar

irons
(.Y.)

Post Feb 8th '11, 01:53

dude, we are not living together, I just made sarcastic remarks about your hostile attitude in 2 or 3 threads. live with it.
The perfect amount of douche.

lochnits.com ||| The Pfhorums Game ||| Lochball (Fileball Archive)

Image
User avatar

Wrkncacnter

Post Feb 8th '11, 02:07

irons wrote:i'm not going to spend time on my 56k (and i doubt i'll do it when i get back on dsl on monday) loading a marathon video that has a breaking benjamin song in the background and a huge demo version text notification in the foreground. sorry but this does not sound promising or enjoyable.


I'm confused.
"Escape will make me God"
User avatar

zero
Tau Ceti or bust!

Post Feb 8th '11, 02:07

W wrote:dude, we are not living together, I just made sarcastic remarks about your hostile attitude in 2 or 3 threads. live with it.


I'm still confused.
"Escape will make me God"
User avatar

zero
Tau Ceti or bust!

Post Feb 8th '11, 02:08

The duality between W'rk and irons increases.
Image
User avatar

gmanyo

Post Feb 8th '11, 02:13

without being confrontational, why don't we get back to features.
"Escape will make me God"
User avatar

zero
Tau Ceti or bust!

Post Feb 8th '11, 03:54

wrk should be irons and we should all just find out
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
Director of the Xeventh Project, the team behind Eternal
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
User avatar

Pfhorrest
California

Post Feb 8th '11, 07:08

Shapefusion - Change the frames in a sequence with scrollwheel or by specifying specific frames. That is all.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee
User avatar

Zott
Earth

Post Feb 8th '11, 07:53

Aleph One - Does my homework for me. That is all.
"My advise: V" - g pack
User avatar

brilliant

Post Feb 8th '11, 09:04

We should be able to play Joust in Aleph One.
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate
User avatar

Drictelt
Belgium

Post Feb 8th '11, 14:13

WORKING ON THAT LAST ONE AS WE SPEAK
joust v5 : killer arcade gameplay // halo - combat evolved : xbox on mararthon
co-op v2 : play better w/friends // learning to live : map w/ryoko
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v3.0!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
User avatar

irons
(.Y.)

Post Feb 8th '11, 21:01

I agree with the scroll wheel idea 9001%.

It also probably is not that hard to implement.
"Escape will make me God"
User avatar

zero
Tau Ceti or bust!

Post Sep 27th '11, 00:31

Cross eyed 3D support. I think it should be relatively easy to do. Just need to run the game with 2 "cameras" separated by a distance then you could cross eye and play. I've wanted to play a cross-eyed FPS for some time and I love Marathon so this would be really sweet to do. I'd be willing to do it with some guidance.

example:
http://youtu.be/zBa-bCxsZDk

that's the least lame 3d youtube video I could find.

The view would have to be smaller, to fit two "screens" side by side, but wouldn't need nearly the definition if it was 3d as details are much easier picked out. When implementing, I'd think it would be optimal to have a slider in the preferences to determine how wide apart the user wants the views.

One issue I've thought of already is that because this would have to be 2 side-by-side renders, some of the randomizing sprites like gun fire and ricochets etc. might not match up for both eyes. I don't think that's a show stopper at all.

I'd like to see this done or do it. If someone needs conceptual explanations I can help, and if the programming is where we're lacking, I can do that too if someone is willing to answer a number of stupid questions. I've done a bit of coding and think I could do this, but I'd need more info than I can seem to find around here.

Thanks guys.
benstrick

Post Sep 27th '11, 00:56

benstrick wrote:Cross eyed 3D support.

I thought I heard that crossing your eyes is bad. Is this true?
"My advise: V" - g pack
User avatar

brilliant


Post Sep 27th '11, 03:17

Would I get sent to the corn field for suggesting being able to switch weapons from the number keys? ;)

For 3D I would like anaglyph, magenta\green, cyan\red, red\green, etc.
Last edited by smoke.tetsu on Sep 27th '11, 03:19, edited 1 time in total.
smoke.tetsu

Post Sep 27th '11, 03:54

benstrick wrote:Cross eyed 3D support. I think it should be relatively easy to do. Just need to run the game with 2 "cameras" separated by a distance then you could cross eye and play. I've wanted to play a cross-eyed FPS for some time and I love Marathon so this would be really sweet to do. I'd be willing to do it with some guidance.

example:
http://youtu.be/zBa-bCxsZDk

that's the least lame 3d youtube video I could find.

The view would have to be smaller, to fit two "screens" side by side, but wouldn't need nearly the definition if it was 3d as details are much easier picked out. When implementing, I'd think it would be optimal to have a slider in the preferences to determine how wide apart the user wants the views.

One issue I've thought of already is that because this would have to be 2 side-by-side renders, some of the randomizing sprites like gun fire and ricochets etc. might not match up for both eyes. I don't think that's a show stopper at all.

I'd like to see this done or do it. If someone needs conceptual explanations I can help, and if the programming is where we're lacking, I can do that too if someone is willing to answer a number of stupid questions. I've done a bit of coding and think I could do this, but I'd need more info than I can seem to find around here.

Thanks guys.


Haha, oh man this is good. I'm sitting here laughing getting a mental image of you enjoying the experience of playing the game cross-eyed.
User avatar

Ares Ex Machina

Next

Return to Aleph One Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users