Marathon Drake

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
John Drake
Vidmaster

I am announcing that I am making a TC. Its plot will be about the main character (Drake) and his life as a mercenary and his capture by the UESC which attempts to interrogate him and he breaks free from his interrogation room. He then must proceed out of the prison complex and start a life out in the city, living in constant fear of an infamous "black bag" operation. He is beginning to believe that the UESC has abandoned the search for him. This theory is proven to be incorrect when his girlfriend is kidnapped by the UESC and he goes to rescue her. He breaks through their security and reaches her holding cell when he realizes that he has been decieved and it was a trap. He is then returned to the interrogation cell where he again breaks out and frees a large group of pfhor prisoners and takes control of the complex. Then the military comes in to retake the facility and Drake dies battling the UESC.

The BoBs will be the enemy in this TC and I plan on making a few new replacement weapons. As I run into problems I will be continually posting my questions and asking for help. I do hope that you enjoy it and if you have any comments or suggestion please post them.

I used my own alter ego because I just couldn't think of a better name. (and I am just that concieted that I believe that I deserve a TC named after me and featuring me as the protagonist)
xyfbzi
Vidmaster

that plot sounds good, especially the ending you gave away leaving me with no desire to play.

Billy was a chemist's son.
But Billy is no more.
What Billy thought was H20,
Was H2S04.
Bobwithkeycard
Mjolnir Mark IV

wait a minute...is this about Private Drake, the smart gunner from Aliens? [MGrin]

guy had a catch phrase...I've served my time in hell CETII EPSILON IV. died nonetheless on LV 426, though

Story sounds good for the engine..I like the escape theme. You planning to integrate lots of city elements? You might make use of the vietnam scenery objects on the orphanage then ( bottom of the page in the shapes section...it's down at the moment though )
I bring my own plasma rifle to the house of pain
John Drake
Vidmaster

wait, there was a Drake in Aliens? I gotta buy that movie. How did he die?

And xyfbzi, I already changed the ending.
Bobwithkeycard
Mjolnir Mark IV

yeah, man....United States Colonial Marine Force
I dug out a pic for you, definately a moovie to see

The squad members you're following in the moovie even got head mounted cams so the Lt that commands the mission from outside the action sees what happens.
Am not gonna tell you how Drake dies, cause dude, the next time you're watching it...he's gonna survive the mission.

mission time 0:13:50 and counting ..let's rock!
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

Hmmm... seems more like an action movie than a scenario. Yes I can actually picture that as an action movie. It seems interesting plot. Well shong made some marathon police cars for marathon doog, but moppy isnt using them. Since someone already suggested the orphange, you may be interested with them. And you could also ask shong nicely for any weapons he made for me that I didnt use.

Well about the names, if you are wondering why I named "Marathon Shadow" after myself, is because I didn't, the project came first.
John Drake
Vidmaster

Well, I wasn't wondering that I kinda figured that a massive project like a TC would come before this forum. Yeah I do kinda see it as an action movie and if this doesn't work I'll sell the movie pitch.

And Bobwithkeycard I did watch the movie but I forgot the names of the people. I thought the only survivors were the little girl (Newt) and Ripley, and that guy Hicks.

Now that I see the pic I think Drake gets burned to death when they rupture the gas line or something.
Bobwithkeycard
Mjolnir Mark IV

actually they were retreating to the APC ( that's that armored vehicle where Ripley, the Lt. & Newt sat in ) and Drake was securing the passage to the entry hatch while the others got in. As last man standing he ended up being face to face with one of the xenophobes. Vasquez pumped a couple of rounds into it from within the APC, but the Alien's acid tore up Drake in the process, who then went berserk on the trigger of his flamethrower.

game over, man....game over [MTongue]
John Drake
Vidmaster

Oh yeah. I remember the fire and Vasquez getting pissed when he died. Yeah I remember now.
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

One of the disadvantages of bieng a space marine is that no mission goes according to plan.

The Movie Aliens, The Doom Movie, Marathon RED, Marathon EVIL, something always goes terribly terribly wrong. No mission can ever be routine. Although thats how they all start.
John Drake
Vidmaster

Yeah, if it did it would be very boring. To be good the mission needs to go awry.
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

BTW Drake, no disrespect or anything but I hate your storyline.
John Drake
Vidmaster

Suggest any improvements you feel necessary.
oteito
Vidmaster

to u: narsicist
to the story: ... kinda nice, but laks 'the thing' that mnakes up for a good TC
LOL
Samus

Perhaps there could be 2 main endings, one on the pfhor side and one fighting on the side with bobs. It could be chosen depending on what you do and where you go...
Last edited by Samus on Oct 25th '06, 02:57, edited 1 time in total.
Bobwithkeycard
Mjolnir Mark IV

I think it's a nice skeleton to build a TC around. No sense in making detailed scripts that fill pages and pages only to not follow through with the actual scenario afterwards.
How about adding up details on the way, while gaining more and more knowledge about what can be put to work with the A1 engine and the available editors? [MSmile]
xyfbzi
Vidmaster

he should be terrorist. probably from the middle east. instead of being the guy fighting the terrorists, make the character be the terrorist. have some background about why he's doing the acts of terrorism and why he thinks the UESC is evil.

Billy was a chemist's son.
But Billy is no more.
What Billy thought was H20,
Was H2S04.
Samus

xyfbzi wrote: he should be terrorist. probably from the middle east. instead of being the guy fighting the terrorists, make the character be the terrorist. have some background about why he's doing the acts of terrorism and why he thinks the UESC is evil.
Nah, wasnt there already one based on this, i saw it in the orphanage. Thats not a good sign, any way I like the idea of fighting with the enemy just not terrorists, thats what Counter Strike and Wolfenstein are for...

I want to see a conversion with a jetpack in, I've never seen this done before, I would do it my self but im crap at drawing sprites.
Last edited by Samus on Oct 25th '06, 04:19, edited 1 time in total.
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

dude you should make a film using marathon recording capabilitys, you could get a 3rd person view of the character and him escaping and put voiceovers in it somehow. that would be pretty tight, a marathon movie.... amazing.....
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

Good luck making a city.

You'll see what I mean...
Zott
Vidmaster

he should be terrorist. probably from the middle east. instead of being the guy fighting the terrorists, make the character be the terrorist. have some background about why he's doing the acts of terrorism and why he thinks the UESC is evil.
http://www.dollartheater.tv/huddy/bobl/800...mes800x600.html

Something like that has already been done. Though, you weren't a terrorist in it, a little bit of physics editing and it would be possible.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee
John Drake
Vidmaster

Well, I don't wanna have me being a terrorist. The NSA will hunt me down like in my story. And Moppy on the orphanage there is a download of city themes.(and although I lack skill I have an infinate amount of free time and a persistance that only comes through stupidity.)
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

Zott wrote: http://www.dollartheater.tv/huddy/bobl/800...mes800x600.html

Something like that has already been done. Though, you weren't a terrorist in it, a little bit of physics editing and it would be possible.
Not a Muslim Terrorist you F***ing Retard!

You can be a terrorist without a freakin' turbin!!!!!

We're talking future terrorist! Dont think Iraq, think Ghost in the Shell!
Its the F***ing FUTURE.
Last edited by MoppyPuppy on Oct 26th '06, 00:08, edited 1 time in total.
John Drake
Vidmaster

Well, he is an enemy of the state and he will have reasons for hating the UESC.
And Moppy, it was said that he should probably be from the middle east.
shongshong
Vidmaster

howabout making him russian! whoo! go russians!
shongshong.vze.com (main site)
[Flickr page] (subdivision of renderings)
Marathon Squadron