Marathon: Grendel

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
D-M.A.
Born on Board

Even though Marathon was not released when I was 12, if it was, my maps would have looked worse, so keep up the work!
UNDERTAKER
Born on Board

Hate to say, even though I'm one of the newest here. I'd have to agree with them. At least STORM's got out the first few Screenshots...

It WILL take longer than a year dude....Bungie took like 2-3 years EACH with the gaps in between PiD-Marathon-Marathon 2 ect.

You'll either have to have a team of 10+ people...or be a God with Weland.

Which I doubt you are. I'd suspend the project for a while, and actuially gather a Team. Even Ryoko's "The Grey Incident" and "rubicon" took over a couple years...

Although, Aeon, as boss as it is, is fairly new. Even though it is beta.

Floyd Out.

//<WastedMyHateRightThere
Last edited by UNDERTAKER on Aug 28th '12, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.
I've Rid the Lightning...Tolled the Bell...Now I'm falling...Down to HELL

//<DON'TTREADONME
PerseusSpartacus
Mjolnir Mark IV

I do apologize for the lack of updates. It's just that I was gone for a week and then I was a bit distracted when I got back (Minecraft, I believe, is the most addictive game in the world). So, yeah, I'm getting back to it.

Now, I'm afraid that I may not be able to release the full game by next year. I have a lot of stuff I'm going to be doing all year, so I'll have very limited time in which to work on Grendel. But I'll make that time count, and I promise that Grendel will not go down the drain. In the meantime, I should probably release a demo by the end of the year (perhaps I'll aim for a demo release on Christmas).

I have some other news to bring; a few decisions I've made about the game:Seeing as the game does not take place on Lh'owon, I've decided to remove the F'lickta and Ticks of M2/M3 and replace them with the Hulks and Wasps of M1.Since just about every Marathon scenario ever made has some music to go with it's main menu, I decided to choose some menu music for Grendel. My decision fell on one of Nick Singer's Halo-themed Marathon music remakes. His version of the famous 'Flowers in Heaven' struck me as dark and kind of dire (as in, it implies that the situation is dire and you have to change that) yet not too gloomy or techno-ish, and still sweeping in it's ambience. It's hard to describe, but I like it enough that, whenever you open up Grendel, you'll hear an organ-like synthesizer willing you to victory. Now, if Nick doesn't like that I'm using his music, he's free to tell me not to. In which case I may turn to you guys for suggestions on what should be the theme of the game.Anyways, right now maybe I'll just drop you guys a little image of the menu I've worked out. NOTE: This is NOT the final version. I'll probably have someone else make a nice pretty menu that suits the game. In the meantime, this may end up being the menu for the Demo version.

[attachment=5775:01100.png]

Cheers,
Perseus
Attachments
01100.png
01100.png (63.88 KiB) Viewed 5745 times
Powerful experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave.
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

Is it just me, or do some people unconsciously follow in the same footsteps as others...?

Well, at least Perseus has some screenshots... >.>
patrick
Mjolnir Mark IV

PerseusSpartacus wrote:if Nick doesn't like that I'm using his music, he's free to tell me not to
[attachment=5776:goranshong.jpg]
Destiny wrote:Is it just me, or do some people unconsciously follow in the same footsteps as others...?
{the tradition of all dead generations weighs like a nightmare on the brains of the living}
Attachments
goranshong.jpg
goranshong.jpg (69.22 KiB) Viewed 5745 times
patrick
Mjolnir Mark IV

PerseusSpartacus wrote:an organ-like synthesizer willing you to victory
[attachment=5777:gone_ballet.png]
Attachments
gone_ballet.png
gone_ballet.png (687.12 KiB) Viewed 5745 times
Last edited by patrick on Sep 8th '12, 04:50, edited 1 time in total.
caffienemachine
Born on Board

This will be the biggest, baddest, raddest game EVER!!!!
PerseusSpartacus
Mjolnir Mark IV

Since I have nothing else to do right now, I thought I'd throw another teaser picture your way. Behold, the Infected BoB:

[attachment=5780:Screen_s...09.32_PM.png]

This guy's got a heavy dose of bacteria in his veins, the end result being that he hates everything that's not similarly bacteria-filled - which means he doesn't like you very much. Unfortunately, he's a little wimpy on Kindergarten; he will shoot maybe twice in his short life, at most, and generally he never gets the chance to fire one (usually, he gets the fusion treatment before he can do anything other than run around). But on Total Carnage he's probably one of the nastiest foes you'll meet. What's ironic about that is that his voice is kind of... cute. He says the same stuff as regular BoBs, but with a really deep voice. Combine that with the already-adorable scream that BoBs make when roasted with the Flamethrower, and you get the cutest-sounding character in the whole game. ;)

Cheers,
Perseus
Attachments
Screen_shot_2012_09_12_at_7.09.32_PM.png
Screen_shot_2012_09_12_at_7.09.32_PM.png (1.16 MiB) Viewed 5747 times
Powerful experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave.
caffienemachine
Born on Board

PerseusSpartacus wrote:Since I have nothing else to do right now, I thought I'd throw another teaser picture your way. Behold, the Infected BoB:

[attachment=5780:Screen_s...09.32_PM.png]

This guy's got a heavy dose of bacteria in his veins, the end result being that he hates everything that's not similarly bacteria-filled - which means he doesn't like you very much. Unfortunately, he's a little wimpy on Kindergarten; he will shoot maybe twice in his short life, at most, and generally he never gets the chance to fire one (usually, he gets the fusion treatment before he can do anything other than run around). But on Total Carnage he's probably one of the nastiest foes you'll meet. What's ironic about that is that his voice is kind of... cute. He says the same stuff as regular BoBs, but with a really deep voice. Combine that with the already-adorable scream that BoBs make when roasted with the Flamethrower, and you get the cutest-sounding character in the whole game. ;)

Cheers,
Perseus
Reminds me of when my pancreas burst and filled my body with bacteria. I hated everybody after that, but me and this guy with syphilis really bonded.
irons
Vidmaster

caffienemachine wrote:I hated everybody after that, but me and this guy with syphilis really bonded.
[attachment=5783:doktor_nietzsche.jpg]
Attachments
doktor_nietzsche.jpg
doktor_nietzsche.jpg (57.66 KiB) Viewed 5744 times
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
caffienemachine
Born on Board

Actually, that's a pretty good idea. Perseus, you should try to contract syphilis to increase your creativity. It couldn't make you any worse at releasing scenarios!