Oath of the Scenario Developer

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
User avatar
Ares Ex Machina
Mjolnir Mark IV
Posts: 611
Joined: Jan 23rd '08, 08:07
Contact:

oath.png
oath.png (6.98 KiB) Viewed 18443 times
[/url]
Last edited by Ares Ex Machina on Mar 30th '14, 22:44, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
PerseusSpartacus
Mjolnir Mark IV
Posts: 334
Joined: Apr 30th '12, 05:03
Location: Somewhere in the 19th Century...

Hey, somewhere along the way you made subtle reference to me. Yay, I'm famous! ;)

Cheers,
Perseus
Powerful experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave.
User avatar
jojo
Born on Board
Posts: 58
Joined: May 19th '11, 13:48
Location: U.S.S.R. Valdamier
Contact:

Ares Ex Machina wrote:[attachment=5711:oath.png]
Ok, look, I don't care what you say. We are trying, just in case you don't know. We are trying to take our time and we show stuff like that so we can MAYBE get reactions. Not, why show that when you don't have nothing done. We have stuff done and we are getting more stuff done every day. I mean, at least the new guns look good, and not like a piece of square shit.
User avatar
treellama
Vidmaster
Posts: 6105
Joined: Jun 2nd '06, 02:05
Location: Pittsburgh
Contact:

The (UESC) Master Chief (: wrote:I mean, at least the new guns look good, and not like a piece of square shit.
Maybe they're awful, and nobody bothers to comment because they know it's not going anywhere?
Last edited by treellama on Aug 14th '12, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
jojo
Born on Board
Posts: 58
Joined: May 19th '11, 13:48
Location: U.S.S.R. Valdamier
Contact:

Treellama wrote:Maybe they're awful, and nobody bothers to comment because they know it's not going anywhere?
Hey, whatever you say man. Still, when this game comes out, and it will, it will be the best. I know that no one believes me, not even some of my own team, but it will be awesome, I swear it. Maybe no one comments because they can't do that good.
listener
Mjolnir Mark IV
Posts: 681
Joined: Aug 2nd '11, 18:21
Contact:

*Pledges*
???Durandal???
Cyborg
Posts: 120
Joined: Feb 17th '08, 01:54
Contact:

By the Holy Trilogy (marathon 1, 2 and infinity)

I hereby solemnly swear to uphold the oath. Under penalty of having my bowels removed, my head asploded, and my entrails hanged upon Ryoko's beautifully crafted Alter.

Let those in this room bear witness to this, and if I am found in anyway to violate this oath, let Total carnage Proceed.


*signs in blood*
Last edited by ???Durandal??? on Aug 14th '12, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.
Marathon D.R.E.A.M. copyright � 2008-2011- Is a future and ongoing SECRET project by Yours truly and Jjarandal productions � 2011- :
most patents pending and accepted. any and all material conceived by ME is property of me and gives no one a right to lay claim to my imagined stuff


***INCOMING MESSAGE***
Check out my blog, I've developed a little game pfhor you to play...

>> http://thedurpartment.blogspot.com/ <<

***END MESSAGE***
User avatar
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV
Posts: 605
Joined: Feb 14th '12, 19:39
Location: TEXAS

Hey, cool oath. Not sure if I'm pledging it, though.
User avatar
irons
Vidmaster
Posts: 2651
Joined: Mar 1st '06, 20:44
Location: (.Y.)
Contact:

The (UESC) Master Chief (: wrote:Ok, look, I don't care what you say. We are trying, just in case you don't know. We are trying to take our time and we show stuff like that so we can MAYBE get reactions. Not, why show that when you don't have nothing done. We have stuff done and we are getting more stuff done every day. I mean, at least the new guns look good, and not like a piece of square shit.
HEY THIS IS THE GUY WHO STOL E MY IDEAS
LETME REQUOTE U
The (UESC) Master Chief (: wrote:yoyoyo im a nazithiefi in case u dfont know its like when that guy wone noble prize and had 2 melt it in aqua regia so the nazis woul ignore it in suspended solurti n nad n n come bacj k later and reconstituteet his metal medal $10,00000,000, prize

btw i stole irons ideas he was logpost er before but is irosn again
honestty best poslycy
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
User avatar
envy
Mjolnir Mark IV
Posts: 750
Joined: Aug 4th '09, 02:28
Location: Land of the New Rising Sun
Contact:

The (UESC) Master Chief (: wrote:Ok, look, I don't care what you say. We are trying, just in case you don't know. We are trying to take our time and we show stuff like that so we can MAYBE get reactions. Not, why show that when you don't have nothing done. We have stuff done and we are getting more stuff done every day. I mean, at least the new guns look good, and not like a piece of square shit.
From experience, I can tell you that you can work as hard as you damn well please, that you could be Isaac Newton incarnate, and you will still fail because you are out of scope. The same will happen if you suffer from psychosis as hard as you do, MC.
Last edited by envy on Aug 15th '12, 01:46, edited 1 time in total.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.
User avatar
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV
Posts: 605
Joined: Feb 14th '12, 19:39
Location: TEXAS

Who's idea was it to allow irons back into his regular account?
User avatar
irons
Vidmaster
Posts: 2651
Joined: Mar 1st '06, 20:44
Location: (.Y.)
Contact:

MY OLD ENEMY
HELLO
APPLESWITCH AND I GO WAY BACK
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
User avatar
caffienemachine
Born on Board
Posts: 30
Joined: Aug 15th '12, 14:50
Contact:

The (UESC) Master Chief (: wrote:Hey, whatever you say man. Still, when this game comes out, and it will, it will be the best. I know that no one believes me, not even some of my own team, but it will be awesome, I swear it. Maybe no one comments because they can't do that good.

Hey, everyone being a bit too hostile towards eachother.
Last edited by caffienemachine on Aug 15th '12, 23:19, edited 1 time in total.
listener
Mjolnir Mark IV
Posts: 681
Joined: Aug 2nd '11, 18:21
Contact:

Rereading through this, I went "Holy Crap, logposter was Irons..."

Hey Irons, why do you hate Des?
User avatar
irons
Vidmaster
Posts: 2651
Joined: Mar 1st '06, 20:44
Location: (.Y.)
Contact:

why does the sun hate the earth
because it's there
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
User avatar
infwaffle
Mjolnir Mark IV
Posts: 362
Joined: May 1st '11, 18:18
Contact:

listener wrote:Rereading through this, I went "Holy Crap, logposter was Irons..."

Hey Irons, why do you hate Des?
You really are slow. This is why I'm still testing you; attempting to help your feeble mind focus better and actually work.
User avatar
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster
Posts: 1825
Joined: Oct 12th '07, 22:08
Location: California
Contact:

The (UESC) Master Chief (: wrote:Hey, whatever you say man. Still, when this game comes out, and it will, it will be the best. I know that no one believes me, not even some of my own team, but it will be awesome, I swear it. Maybe no one comments because they can't do that good.
[voice="Troy McClure"]
Hi, I'm Forrest Cameranesi. You may remember my project from such doomed names as "Forever More" and "Beyond Infinity Lies Destiny". I was like you once, ambitious and optimistic, but after over a decade of protracted failure I came to embrace the wisdom in this thread's first post; but for me it was already too late to turn back. Thankfully my project was lucky and was born with only minor brain damage and bodily deformities. But your project may not be so lucky. Do the responsible thing for your project -- start small. And remember:

Don't. Date. Robots.
[/voice]
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
Director of the Xeventh Project, the team behind Eternal
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
User avatar
RyokoTK
Vidmaster
Posts: 4161
Joined: Mar 7th '06, 07:04
Location: Saint Paul, MN

There you have it. The two people that have successfully released major conversions in the last decade have both spoke about the merits of starting small. Start small!
User avatar
President People
Mjolnir Mark IV
Posts: 343
Joined: May 4th '10, 00:22

Durandal347 wrote:Ryoko's beautifully crafted Alter
Thanks to this beautifully crafted oath, Ryoko doesn't have to defile his altar with your bowels.
Love Marathon, and also play Doom on modern source ports? You might like these skins!
User avatar
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster
Posts: 1947
Joined: Jan 29th '06, 03:51
Contact:

RyokoTK wrote:There you have it. The two people that have successfully released major conversions in the last decade have both spoke about the merits of starting small. Start small!
It's probably just that most of us are working on massive scenarios, and just haven't finished because they're so huge. They are all so massive, they'll make your scenario look like garbage. Please don't waste time on something small and worthless.
User avatar
envy
Mjolnir Mark IV
Posts: 750
Joined: Aug 4th '09, 02:28
Location: Land of the New Rising Sun
Contact:

W wrote:It's probably just that most of us are working on massive scenarios, and just haven't finished because they're so huge. They are all so massive, they'll make your scenario look like garbage. Please don't waste time on something small and worthless.
W'rk Family Consulting, "Bad Advice For Today, and Tomorrow"
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.
User avatar
mchief111
Born on Board
Posts: 52
Joined: Jan 8th '12, 17:51
Contact:

W wrote:It's probably just that most of us are working on massive scenarios, and just haven't finished because they're so huge. They are all so massive, they'll make your scenario look like garbage. Please don't waste time on something small and worthless.
Agreed. I've been pushing out a Marathon of Duty 4: Piles of S'pht since Cod4:MW came out, and it's coming along swimmingly. Only a couple more years to go!
User avatar
irons
Vidmaster
Posts: 2651
Joined: Mar 1st '06, 20:44
Location: (.Y.)
Contact:

marathon of doodie?
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
patrick
Mjolnir Mark IV
Posts: 455
Joined: Sep 22nd '08, 17:10
Location: 末法
Contact:

Last edited by patrick on Aug 17th '12, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
jojo
Born on Board
Posts: 58
Joined: May 19th '11, 13:48
Location: U.S.S.R. Valdamier
Contact:

Pfhorrest wrote:[voice="Troy McClure"]
Hi, I'm Forrest Cameranesi. You may remember my project from such doomed names as "Forever More" and "Beyond Infinity Lies Destiny". I was like you once, ambitious and optimistic, but after over a decade of protracted failure I came to embrace the wisdom in this thread's first post; but for me it was already too late to turn back. Thankfully my project was lucky and was born with only minor brain damage and bodily deformities. But your project may not be so lucky. Do the responsible thing for your project -- start small. And remember:

Don't. Date. Robots.
[/voice]
I say go as big as you can and don't start small. I get sick of people telling me to go small go small go small GO small I go big or go home and I will not go home. if I fail that is my problem not YOURS so just back off OK.
Post Reply