Enhanced Sprites for M1A1?

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
ftg.death.rhino
Born on Board

WARNING: This topic may include sarcasm that some viewers might find condescending.
Hey, uh, you! YEAH, you! Have you ever wondered if pigs could fly? Well, I hope not,
but have you wondered what the Pfhor would look like in Hi-Res/Hi-Def/Oil Pastel Crayons?
I have wondered that ever since I got the new update of M1A1, which if you don't know,
is the first MARATHON game in the Aleph One engine. Oh and, uh... that WARNING note was
being sarcastic... *snicker* *snicker* Just kidding, fool! As you may know, Marathon 2 has had
enemy sprite remakes, but they are buggy in Infinity, and are really, REALLY buggy in M1A1,
Which is why I am calling out to all professional 3D render artists to rewrite ALL of the frames
of the enemies in M1A1. I am also calling out to XML and MML code writers who can write a
plugin script for the frames. Oh, and one more thing...Don't put the images in DDS format,
and it's for one reason only: When viewed in DDS Viewer, images looked dragged and ripped.
Have fun kids, and Eat It, Vid Boi!
Liquid Fader Removal

Code: Select all

<marathon>
<!-- BAN ALL WHO REFUSE TO DOWNLOAD --!>
<player index="0" opacity="0"/>
</marathon>
fiddler_on_a_roof
Born on Board

THE UNDERTAKER -> MarathonPfhorever -> ftg.death.rhino. #samsara
ukimalefu
Mjolnir Mark IV

Ah!, enhanced sprites. They've been requested many times, and they usually get the usual answer: do it yourself.

And when you post with those big blue fonts, you kill the eyes of anybody who wanted to do it, so now they can't.

Yeah, I wish someone would do that, enhanced sprites.
President People
Mjolnir Mark IV

fiddler_on_a_roof wrote:THE UNDERTAKER -> MarathonPfhorever -> ftg.death.rhino. #samsara
What's #Samsara got to do with this? Unless… oh no.
Love Marathon, and also play Doom on modern source ports? You might like these skins!
fiddler_on_a_roof
Born on Board

Samsara: the repeating cycle of birth, life, death and rebirth (reincarnation) within Hinduism, Buddhism, Bön, Jainism, Yoga and Taoism.

Shamelessly stolen from Wikipedia. ;)
President People
Mjolnir Mark IV

fiddler_on_a_roof wrote:Samsara: the repeating cycle of birth, life, death and rebirth (reincarnation) within Hinduism, Buddhism, Bön, Jainism, Yoga and Taoism.
I'm aware. :) So your post had nothing to do with this, then?
Love Marathon, and also play Doom on modern source ports? You might like these skins!
Blastfrog
Cyborg

That's why I made that thread about the Marathon 1 vs Marathon 2 weapon designs. I was trying to gauge how much could be taken from Marathon 2 and replace their Marathon 1 equivalents as long as it's reasonably within canon. If something's similar but not quite the same, making an edit of the M2 version is probably a good idea.

I might try my hand at this at some point, but I'm currently busy with other things.
treellama
Vidmaster

Blastfrog wrote:That's why I made that thread about the Marathon 1 vs Marathon 2 weapon designs. I was trying to gauge how much could be taken from Marathon 2 and replace their Marathon 1 equivalents as long as it's reasonably within canon. If something's similar but not quite the same, making an edit of the M2 version is probably a good idea.
In your thread you didn't ask about the design; the artwork is completely different between Marathon and Marathon 2. So, not much can be taken from Marathon 2.

The XBLA artwork has a few aliens that use the original Marathon for their inspiration: troopers and compilers. But that's about it.