Winter 1- The Venom

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

The Winter Project is finally finished, after hours of beta testing and testing. It features 7 levels, 81 high res textures, and is the first ever scenario to be merged with Treellama's Atque. It's story is totally unrelated to any of the Xmas projects.

Download it all here:

http://www.simplici7y.com/items/winter-i-the-venom

(18 mb)

Please post up any bugs or praise in this thread :P
$lave

Awesome, playing through this right now!

Thanks everyone, I've been looking forward to this.
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

Shadowbreaker wrote:The Winter Project is finally finished, after hours of beta testing and testing. It features 7 levels, 81 high res textures, and is the first ever scenario to be merged with Treellama's Atque. It's story is totally unrelated to any of the Xmas projects.

Download it all here:

http://www.simplici7y.com/items/winter-i-the-venom

(18 mb)
Please post up any bugs or praise in this thread :P
A SCENARIO IS DONE.

I'm impressed.
Now to see if I'm impressed with what you made.
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

Damnit Damnit Damnit!!! It seems my tiredness last night made me overlook one tiny little detail... the second to last level "Faktree" does not teleport you to the last level after you have completed the mission... either skip that level and cheat yourself all of the guns on the last one or just wait for me to post up a working version.
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

MoppyPuppy wrote:A SCENARIO IS DONE.

I'm impressed.
Now to see if I'm impressed with what you made.
Shadowbreaker wrote:Damnit Damnit Damnit!!! It seems my tiredness last night made me overlook one tiny little detail... the second to last level "Faktree" does not teleport you to the last level after you have completed the mission... either skip that level and cheat yourself all of the guns on the last one or just wait for me to post up a working version.
*falls over comedic Anime style*
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

MoppyPuppy wrote:*falls over comedic Anime style*
stfu
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

Shadowbreaker wrote:stfu
Hey.
Don't get the wrong idea.
I'm very excited about this scenario, regardless of that one game killing bug.
But when can we expect the working release? Shouldn't be simply a matter of changing an automatic exit?
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

MoppyPuppy wrote:Hey.
Don't get the wrong idea.
I'm very excited about this scenario, regardless of that one game killing bug.
But when can we expect the working release? Shouldn't be simply a matter of changing an automatic exit?
i said stfu
goran
Vidmaster

If you're going to update faktree, may I suggest you also update the shapesfile? The textures in the shapes file are good, but they don't resemble the colors of the highres textures. Creating a customized colortable is easy.

1.Resize all highrestextures to 128x128.
2.Paste them in one big photoshopfile.
3.Index the colors.
4.Export colortable.
5.Inport colortable in anvil.
6.Replace the first three colors in the colortable with blue, cyan and magenta.
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

It is hard for me to upload it all again, infact it was Appleswitch who posted it on Simplici7y.

I'll come up with some way later, but for now, here is a fixed version of the map file, the only problem. I don't think your saved games will be affected:

[attachment=2497:Winter_v1.11.sceA.zip]

As for Moppy, I was mad for 3 reasons:

1. I made a simple mistake after spending several hours fixing other ones, and he was somehow possessed to rub it in.
2. I hate anime.
3. Tommorow is my birthday.

As for Goran's idea of sticking in little versions of the textures, my intention was to leave the 128x128 in anvil the way they are. If a person doesn't like our high res versions of the many infinity textures we used, then they would have the option to (or just to see what we used when we mapped). If a person doesn't want them because they are too big, then they can just make the preferences load them in a smaller size, which will still allow them to retain their color.
Attachments
Winter_v1.11.sceA.zip
(1.31 MiB) Downloaded 273 times
Last edited by Shadowbreaker on Feb 27th '09, 12:14, edited 1 time in total.
Drictelt
Vidmaster

I dont even have the time to play it :( Well probably next week(end).

I suppose when more bugs are reported, a new version will be uploaded? It would be smart then to upload the textures separately, so that you dont have to upload them every time you fix a little bug.

Anyway, thanks for kinda taking over this project when I got this attack of laziness and disinterest :)
Eternal - Victory Dance IV - KTA III - Phoenix
More on Simplici7y: Xmas I-II-III - Winter I - Narcotics - Thrudnesday
infestedsmith
Cyborg

Downloading now! Happy birthday btw. :)
Cold Fusion Games
Marathon: Infested is a fully 3D Marathon game, built from the ground up using a cross platform, stand-alone game engine.
Progress is plentiful...
Marathon: Infested
goran
Vidmaster

Shadowbreaker wrote:As for Goran's idea of sticking in little versions of the textures, my intention was to leave the 128x128 in anvil the way they are. If a person doesn't like our high res versions of the many infinity textures we used, then they would have the option to (or just to see what we used when we mapped). If a person doesn't want them because they are too big, then they can just make the preferences load them in a smaller size, which will still allow them to retain their color.
Man I overlooked the options in the preferences. It works very well to resize the textures. Finally, I can play this in full color. [MSmile]
ukimalefu
Mjolnir Mark IV

I can't play it. Tried a lot of things but it always gets texture problems

Last edited by ukimalefu on Feb 27th '09, 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
Drictelt
Vidmaster

1) Download and unstuff Winter I
2) Put a sounds and an imagesfile in its map
3) Put an aleph one application in the map
4) Make a folder called "Scripts" (Im not sure if it should be with a cap in case sensitive systems but probably youre not on one)
5) Put Winter.mml in the scriptsfolder
6) Shoot pfhor

Edit: step 1 to 5 can be replaced with reading the readme.
Last edited by Drictelt on Feb 27th '09, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.
effigy
Mjolnir Mark IV

I suffered some mild retardation to get setup as well (Note: Though, the read me does seem to instruct the user to add Winter I items into an existing setup, vs. creating a setup).

In order for me to get setup I also had to copy over the Infinity map file and Filenames.mml. If I remove Filenames.mml or the Mi map file A1 won't launch. The game seems to run fine for me, otherwise.

Onto the good stuff; is this terminal texture in need of adjusting?

[attachment=2501:Screenshot_0000.jpg]

ditto:

[attachment=2502:Screenshot_0001.jpg]

^oh, these are the first terminals in the game, which I must say are very nice looking by themselves.

Flushed [MLaugh] is this a Men In Black reference?

edit: fixed inline images
Attachments
Screenshot_0001.jpg
Screenshot_0001.jpg (137.68 KiB) Viewed 9569 times
Screenshot_0000.jpg
Screenshot_0000.jpg (176.19 KiB) Viewed 9571 times
Last edited by effigy on Feb 27th '09, 18:18, edited 1 time in total.
Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.
Drictelt
Vidmaster

Hey we did great on this :O

Few bugs tho:
In Flushed, there seems to be a landscape problem in the second easternmost bow.
The barrels are stuck in the ground.
Switch
Vidmaster

I had a wonderful time playing through the first 2 levels of this last night.
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

Ukimalefu, your problem is most likely that you did not take out the Texture Enchancement Pack script, nor did you turn on the Shapes file. It's definately loading TTEP textures rather than mine, because I always remember what my textures look like :). Make sure that everything is loaded properly like I said in the Read Me.

Your problem also might be that you need to update your Aleph One build. Treellama said that the later builds would be required to run scenarios merged with Atque, but if it managed to load it that far I doubt that's te problem. I can't think of any problem other than that :P
Last edited by Shadowbreaker on Feb 27th '09, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
L'howon
Vidmaster

Very lovely to play. While I am not a fan of sewage levels, just as a personal preference, I've enjoyed the few levels I've stormed through already.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
ukimalefu
Mjolnir Mark IV

Shadowbreaker wrote:Ukimalefu, your problem might be that you need to update your Aleph One build. Treellama said that the later builds would be required to run scenarios merged with Atque. I can't think of any problem other than that :P
I have the last version. (0.21.2) Mac.
ukimalefu
Mjolnir Mark IV

I had downloaded only the map, not the whole thing, but the download is WAAAY TO SLOW! So I give up. I won't play this. At least not now.
Vladtepes
Cyborg

You'll need the full archive as it contains shape file and texture needed for this short scenario

Anyway, I'm only on 4th level but until now this is very good stuff!

I also spotted a few map bouncy bugs too.
I took screenshots for a bouncy poly on goo lagoon (left of the switch that turns the lights on)
and a bouncy hallway (actually waterfall) on Wishbone
Attachments
Wishbone_bouncy_hall.png
Wishbone_bouncy_hall.png (21.94 KiB) Viewed 9567 times
goo_lagoon_bouncy_poly.png
goo_lagoon_bouncy_poly.png (13.59 KiB) Viewed 9566 times
irons wrote:QUOTE(irons @ Dec 18 2009, 12:47 AM) LEAVE ME ALONE STOP HURTING MY FEELINGS
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

Keep the bug reports coming, I'll see what I can do a bit later.

fffffff
Last edited by Shadowbreaker on Mar 18th '09, 08:20, edited 1 time in total.
goran
Vidmaster

I've played to drictelts level. Haha, I didn't even have to check if it was drictelt's level. I recnognize his mapping style from xmas2.
Flaming hunters (or johannes hunters) were cool. Too bad they weren't a bit faster on their feet. That would make a troublesome enemy.
The architecture is overall good sofar. It's crazy how many levels shadowbreaker have done for this scenario. I respect him for pumping out 3 large levels, all of them good (I like kick the can). I'll come back with more comments once Im through.