Marathon Trojan revival?

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

This is wrong in so many ways I don't even know where to begin.

First, Marathon may be freeware but Bungie still owns the copyrights to it. They've just granted a very broad, liberal license for it.

That aside, the original work that went into Trojan (outside any parts derived from Bungie's work) is still the copyright of the Trojan team, regardless of what the licensing status of the original Marathon games may be, and the Trojan team have explicitly not granted very liberal licensing terms. (At least, not by the standards of a Marathon scenario; by commercial standards all Marathon scenarios are extremely liberally licensed).
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
Director of the Xeventh Project, the team behind Eternal
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

In summary, the Trojan development team hates it when people play the Scenario they made.
ellio7t
Cyborg

Your interpretation is once again a clear attempt at trolling.
words
HunterOfShadows
Cyborg

Pfhorrest wrote:This is wrong in so many ways I don't even know where to begin.

First, Marathon may be freeware but Bungie still owns the copyrights to it. They've just granted a very broad, liberal license for it.

That aside, the original work that went into Trojan (outside any parts derived from Bungie's work) is still the copyright of the Trojan team, regardless of what the licensing status of the original Marathon games may be, and the Trojan team have explicitly not granted very liberal licensing terms. (At least, not by the standards of a Marathon scenario; by commercial standards all Marathon scenarios are extremely liberally licensed).
Not wrong, was just under the misconception that copyright needs to be registered and purchased first, apparently that's not the case.
Your interpretation is once again a clear attempt at trolling.
A very bad attempt at trolling
EDIT: ok my m2 iso is corrupted and apparently my link no longer has it. TORRENT TIME
It's not that it's corrupted it's that isodisk sucks...use daemon tools, works much better
Last edited by HunterOfShadows on Sep 28th '10, 02:15, edited 1 time in total.
It's Moppy

Just don't listen
HunterOfShadows
Cyborg

First error of the day...

EDIT: Fuck, for some reason it didn't zoom in...

It basically says unknown version, any idea what causes this?

EDIT: Bloody hell...apparently the default path is the path it MUST go to or it never will work
Last edited by HunterOfShadows on Sep 28th '10, 04:08, edited 1 time in total.
It's Moppy

Just don't listen