requsting for kind souls to read the following post.

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

I am perfectly well aware of the pfhorum's hatred of these types of posts, but I would be kind of screwed if I did not request this.

I would like some help in mapping and testing (without compensation, irons) Marathon: Legend, which, FYI is coming along actually quite well.

The first test, I presume will come shortly, perhaps less than a week from this day, where you will be given a proof of concept in what this scenario will be like.

a demo!

There will be one Single Player Level - "Grendel Lives" (you will figure out why I re-used this title soon).
And one Multi Player map - "Lockdown" Which is a recreation of Halo 2's "Lockout" map.

Also I have decided on the weapons used in this scenario....

-----------For the base level pack without any expansion content------------

- MA 75 Assault Rifle

- .45 Magnum Mega Class

- Performa Shotgun

- Alien Scattergun

- Wave Motion Cannon

- PPPG 9X1 .100 Rifle with Flamethrower

- Jetpack (made from a flamethrower)

- KKV 6 Shrpnelizing SMG ---OR--- Pfhor Shock staff. (you decide)

- Fists

---------------------------------------------------------------------

also I have a few questions on how to properly make Chapter Screens function.

Also, I had this idea, but I was wondering if it were possible to implement...

Could I, through lots of embedding, potentially create a map that has a different weapons selection than on another one?
Last edited by zero on Jan 22nd '11, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
"Escape will make me God"
irons
Vidmaster

no compensation
reporting you to amnesty international
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

irons wrote:no compensation
reporting you to amnesty international
RAWR! THEY'LL NEVER STOP ME!
Zott
Vidmaster

Could I, through lots of embedding, potentially create a map that has a different weapons selection than on another one?
Use a different physics model for each map. You can specify the weapons you want to use, and how they work in the physics model, then merge it with the map. As for changing the shapes of the weapons, this is done similarly; You choose the sequences for the weapon in the physics model for that level, but you'll need the actual sprites and sequences to be somewhere in the shapes file you'll be using through the scenario. [Or if the weapons act closely, you could specify with mml a different set of sprites, but the sequences would be the same.]
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

Zott wrote:Use a different physics model for each map. You can specify the weapons you want to use, and how they work in the physics model, then merge it with the map. As for changing the shapes of the weapons, this is done similarly; You choose the sequences for the weapon in the physics model for that level, but you'll need the actual sprites and sequences to be somewhere in the shapes file you'll be using through the scenario. [Or if the weapons act closely, you could specify with mml a different set of sprites, but the sequences would be the same.]
Yes, thank you for confirming my idea.

My thoughts were to have the sequences present for each weapon possible, embed the physics, and use .mml to change the names on the fly.

But what about the HUD?