Control Switch and Liquids

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
Coraxus
Cyborg

I'm using Anvil for OS X to make a simple map. Question is, how do I set up the control switch so that the player can at least toggle it by using the action key, problem is, it won't toggle unless I punch it which I don't want to resort to, also, how do I change the height of liquids, I so far managed to put one in but it's at a height I don't want, thanks for any advice.
treellama
Vidmaster

Coraxus wrote:I'm using Anvil for OS X to make a simple map.
This is where I stopped reading.
Zott
Vidmaster

This is where I stopped reading.
Ditto

Use Tags?
Last edited by Zott on Aug 29th '07, 23:00, edited 1 time in total.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee
$lave

I'm assuming you meant you're using FORGE and that you're ON osx (you c an't run forge in osx, you need classic or sheepshaver or something) anyway, switches can be toggled differently depending on tags as zott said and in liquids the default if I remember correctly is the maximum tide for height, and you have to use a light to make it sink/rise (have a tide).
Coraxus
Cyborg

Okay, so then I have to assign a tag in the platform parameters to make it work and as for height of liquid, I didn't know you had to use light settings to do that, so I'll try it out.
$lave

For a switch activating a platform go to the switch in visual mode and adjust it (get the menu for it out) then make sure nothing is checked (like breakable, only toggled by weapons etc.) also, the height is usually 0.25 or 0.3 WU abouve the ground atound it, and the ceiling is usually .5 WU aboev that (so if your floor is set to zero, make the floor height around the switch 0.25/0.3 WU and the ceiling 0.8 WU).
Coraxus
Cyborg

Sorry, ma bad, I meant Pfhorge for OS X. Anyways, is there also a way to determine what type of liquid to set? Like make it water, sewage, lava, etc.
$lave

Normally you can only have one type of liquid per level which is set by the environment setting you chose (environments are named the same as liquids) but there is a way to have all textures or something in forge/A1 which I think treellama made or enabled, although I never paid attention as to how, because I never had to use it.
Coraxus
Cyborg

That's what I thought was the case, but when I first created a .lev file, I chose a lava environment, yet it gives me water. So maybe I thought I did something wrong.
Also, one more question, is it possible to stack Bobs and monsters?
Last edited by Coraxus on Aug 30th '07, 02:21, edited 1 time in total.
$lave

You mean stack like in SC where theres tons of guys in one spot firing at you? well it would glitch up slot im guessing, but you could use zoom alot... and place lots of monsters really close togetther, not right on top though. I thinkit has to do with collisions.
Coraxus
Cyborg

Oh, well in that case, I'll have to think of another way of killing Bobs, cause you see, I was gonna have a crusher crush all the stacked Bobs in one slot and another slot have the stacked Bobs sink into a lava pit.
$lave

Why do you need to stack for that?
Coraxus
Cyborg

Just to have the Bobs die one at a time hehe. But actually I was gonna make a Bob killer map showing unique ways to kill Bobs and then submit it to that one contest.
$lave

I'm pretty sure the bobs would all die at once... what contest though? The art challenge?
Coraxus
Cyborg

Yeah, Art Challenge #8. Right now I'm tinkering on how to make the control switch make the liquids rise and fall.
$lave

Set the liquid to tag1 and make it a tag switch activating tag one, then set liquid heights to what you want.
Coraxus
Cyborg

Set the liquid to tag 1, you mean through the liquid view mode?
$lave

Well the liquid light I think. In lights view create a new light and set it to liquid tide. Set the liquid to use that light and set both to have tag one (in liquid and light views).
Last edited by $lave on Aug 30th '07, 04:15, edited 1 time in total.