Elevators

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
treellama
Vidmaster

thermoplyae wrote:Men don't admit defeat in anything even resembling an argument.

... you wussy.
A man chooses. A slave obeys.
Last edited by treellama on Jul 19th '08, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.
The Man
Vidmaster

Wouldn't a 32x32 room of 1WUx1WU squares crash Marathon due to the ">16 points in a straight line" problem anyway?

Unless AO has been fixed to circumvent that bug since I last checked.
“People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.” —V, V for Vendetta (Alan Moore)

“The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. If you can’t lick ’em, join ’em. If it hurts, repeat it. But to praise despair is to condemn delight, to embrace violence is to lose hold of everything else. We have almost lost hold; we can no longer describe happy man, nor make any celebration of joy.” —Ursula K. Le Guin, “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”

“If others had not been foolish, we should be so.” —William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

“The law cannot protect anyone unless it binds everyone; and it cannot bind anyone unless it protects everyone.” —Frank Wilhoit

Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · Marathon Eternal 1.2 · Where Monsters Are in Dreams · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

thermoplyae wrote:Men don't admit defeat in anything even resembling an argument.

... you wussy.
Pretty sure your more of a man if you have the capability of admitting your wrong.
Your just a douche bag if you keep arguing when you know for a FACT that you've been proved wrong.

A guy who is about to make a bad decision is convinced what he's doing is wrong by another guy. He doesn't admit defeat though! Oh no, the guy makes the bad decision anyway and loses everything. Very manly, real great.

I hate you thermopylae.
thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV

MoppyPuppy wrote:I hate you thermopylae.
No you don't. And spell my name right, asshole.
dude, seriously. dude.
The Man
Vidmaster

2/10. Uninteresting flamewar is uninteresting. Try harder next time.
“People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.” —V, V for Vendetta (Alan Moore)

“The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. If you can’t lick ’em, join ’em. If it hurts, repeat it. But to praise despair is to condemn delight, to embrace violence is to lose hold of everything else. We have almost lost hold; we can no longer describe happy man, nor make any celebration of joy.” —Ursula K. Le Guin, “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”

“If others had not been foolish, we should be so.” —William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

“The law cannot protect anyone unless it binds everyone; and it cannot bind anyone unless it protects everyone.” —Frank Wilhoit

Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · Marathon Eternal 1.2 · Where Monsters Are in Dreams · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

2/10. Uninteresting flamewar is uninteresting. Try harder next time.
Shut up.

Edit: You're from 4chan, you wouldn't know a good flamewar if it beat you over the head.
Last edited by RyokoTK on Aug 9th '08, 04:55, edited 1 time in total.
thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV

The Man wrote:flamewar
have you -- have you looked in Legends? this isn't a flamewar, this is just one or two dudes being sarcastic, CC being stubborn, and moppy being stupid. this is par for the pfhorums course.

besides, when the rest of us have metadiscussions we at least try to make it funny. come on, dude, step it up.
dude, seriously. dude.
The Man
Vidmaster

Actually I haven't posted at any *chan board since the start of the year, I just use the "x y is x" meme because it's expressive. And like V for Vendetta. Ok, I can see how you'd get that impression.

Agreed that it doesn't really qualify as a flamewar though, I just felt like being blasé.