Merging

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
Paul
Cyborg

WTF IS UP WITH MY MAP LOL, IT DOESNT MERGE. HELP ME TELL ME HOW

loltroll. Sorry, I was on a dare by $lave.
Last edited by Paul on Aug 6th '08, 08:15, edited 1 time in total.
Winter_Wolf
Cyborg

Paul wrote:WTF IS UP WITH MY MAP LOL, IT DOESNT MERGE. HELP ME TELL ME HOW
What does the Forge log say when you try to merge it?
If you would like to help the MaraPiD project, send me a personal message.

Download the Marathon: Pathways into Darkness Beta:
http://rapidshare.com/files/48405034/MPiD_Version_0.5.zip
Paul
Cyborg

It gets stuck saying "adding terminal text."

CryoS saw there was some stuff missing from the text so he edited it so it was a working terminal, but then Forge ignored it.
chinkeeyong
Mjolnir Mark IV

Paul wrote:It gets stuck saying "adding terminal text."

CryoS saw there was some stuff missing from the text so he edited it so it was a working terminal, but then Forge ignored it.
I've run into this problem before – you likely have craploads of term text in [a] particular terminal and Forge got a headache. Sad as it is, you'll have to cut down [that/those] terminal by reducing [it/them] to at least 5 or 6 slides maximum [for each one].
Last edited by chinkeeyong on Aug 6th '08, 09:50, edited 1 time in total.
Embrace imagination.
Paul
Cyborg

No, I saw the problem. Just rewriting the terminals worked, but copy+paste might corrupt it, so I have to write the damn thing manually.
DeepThought
Cyborg

Maybe you should try caressing it and giving it cookies.

QUOTE(Alan)So that means ALL YOU PEOPLE who AGREED WITH W'RKNCACNTER ARE STUPID, AND THAT MEANS HE'S IGNORANT, AND THAT MEANS ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO AGREED WITH HIM ARE IGNORANT TOO! So I'm not ignorant which makes me not diluted. YOU ARE.[/quote]
The Man
Vidmaster

I've found that the best way to work around this problem is to leave the terminal files out of the initial merging and then cuntpaste them in after the fact with Hex.
“People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.” —V, V for Vendetta (Alan Moore)

“The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. If you can’t lick ’em, join ’em. If it hurts, repeat it. But to praise despair is to condemn delight, to embrace violence is to lose hold of everything else. We have almost lost hold; we can no longer describe happy man, nor make any celebration of joy.” —Ursula K. Le Guin, “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”

“If others had not been foolish, we should be so.” —William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

“The law cannot protect anyone unless it binds everyone; and it cannot bind anyone unless it protects everyone.” —Frank Wilhoit

Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · Marathon Eternal 1.2 · Where Monsters Are in Dreams · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge