Experiments

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Have Halathon chapter screen art. (it's not the extact same as the in-game one, it's the original wallpaper-sized one).
[attachment=3578:Halathon.jpg]
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Made another chapter screen, this is for the last chapter.
[attachment=3584:chief.jpg]
Dugit
Vidmaster

I like this one compared to the first one. Nice job! [MGrin]
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
goran
Vidmaster

Nice work fish. Stay strong.
riserobotrise
Cyborg

It all looks very good.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Ok, here's the start of the Halo Landing level.
[attachment=3585:halo_level_shot.jpg]
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Added more to the Halo Landing level, + kurinn's hi-res water.
[attachment=3600:halathon...erscreen.jpg]
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Xilef wrote:will you be using bumpmaps?
If i get a new computer, yes. At the minute, no.
irons
Vidmaster

I'm pleased to announce the new script called Halo - Combat Evolved. Thought it would go best here.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
Dis
Mjolnir Mark IV

I seem to have gotten your SeizuremcLua package instead. However, your SeizuremcLua package is great, a 5 out of 5.
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x.style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x.innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
xilef
Cyborg

irons wrote:I'm pleased to announce the new script called Halo - Combat Evolved. Thought it would go best here.
Probably the least funniest thing I've seen all year.
Dis
Mjolnir Mark IV

Then go give it a bad rating on Simplici7y. Here we have serious things to discuss, like remaking Halo for a ten year old engine.
Last edited by Dis on Feb 23rd '10, 23:46, edited 1 time in total.
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x.style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x.innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

xilef
Cyborg

Dis wrote:Then go give it a bad rating on Simplici7y. Here we have serious things to discuss, like porting Halo to a ten year old engine.
It's not porting, it's remaking ("Demaking" for the uneducated).
//End seriousness
Dis
Mjolnir Mark IV

I think you've got your de's and re's mixed up.

irons
Vidmaster

Xilef wrote:Probably the least funniest thing I've seen all year.
Halo isn't supposed to be funny. OK, Halo isn't Marathon, but it was never meant to be. Stop being such a purist and enjoy this mod while you can.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Started putting enemied in Halathon- for those who don't know, i'm using marathon enemies... soz.
Anyway, have some screens.
[attachment=3659:Pistol_With_Hunter.png]
[attachment=3660:Grenadio.png]
[attachment=3661:Melee_pfhor.png]

Trying to get used to mapping with weland now... and is there a better physics editor for windows than PhysicsEditorOne? It's buggy as hell.
NXF
Cyborg

You're using a Windows computer now? I (we/the Pfhorums) know you had a Mac, do you still have the ROMs from it? You could use an emulator if you had them.

Awesome screens- can't wait till Halothon is released.
goran
Vidmaster

Fishman92 wrote:Trying to get used to mapping with weland now... and is there a better physics editor for windows than PhysicsEditorOne? It's buggy as hell.
I run anvil through sheepsaver when I need to do important physics work. There are no other alternatives as far as I know.
Last edited by goran on Mar 30th '10, 00:59, edited 1 time in total.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

i did have the roms, that was one thing i forgot to save from my mac :/...I have wiped my mac clean/ put os x on after an erase and install, and that got rid of my classic stuff...

I will have to put up with PEOj for now... i'll just have to remember i need to save_As rather than just save. It was just a quick question after it took me 20 minutes to figure out why, after physics editing, my enforcers where dropping fuel rod cannons :L.

Also, I will be releasing Halathon in Chapter Installments, so the first chapter should appear in the next few weeks.
goran
Vidmaster

If you want to emulate macos classic on XP, give me a pm, I can help you out.
NXF
Cyborg

Goran wrote:If you want to emulate macos classic on XP, give me a pm, I can help you out.
Can you help me emulate it, 'cause I don't have the ROMs needed for sheepshaver.
goran
Vidmaster

fier wrote:Can you help me emulate it, 'cause I don't have the ROMs needed for sheepshaver.
I help fish because anvil(through sheepsaver) will help him to complete his scenario. What are you going to use sheepsaver for?
NXF
Cyborg

I can't really work on mapping or physics/shapes/images/sounds with 7 different windows open and I don't have a classic Mac to use Forge or Anvil on, let alone use the ROMs. Searching for an emulator and the ROMs has been fruitless. It was also just a question since you are able to use an emulator and I can't find ROMs needed for one.

Nah, don't bother replying. I'll keep searching. Maybe ask a friend.
Last edited by NXF on Mar 31st '10, 01:21, edited 1 time in total.
goran
Vidmaster

fier wrote:I can't really work on mapping or physics/shapes/images/sounds with 7 different windows open and I don't have a classic Mac to use Forge or Anvil on, let alone use the ROMs. Searching for an emulator and the ROMs has been fruitless. It was also just a question since you are able to use an emulator and I can't find ROMs needed for one.

Nah, don't bother replying. I'll keep searching. Maybe ask a friend.
Haha, man! I'm just fucking with you! And you totally rolled over.

Here's a page that will help you with the roms.
http://www.redundantrobot.com/sheepshaver-tutorial/