Experiments

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Hey level 2 was almost complete, then all all my switches broke....

Master Chief sprite anyone?
[attachment=3532:Chief.png]
I might end up making a whole Spartan Sprite set :D
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

You could rip off the Vacbob sprites with a bit more class imo.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

QUOTE(RyokoTK)[/quote]

Oh so every result from an 'i'm bored, i'll do soething to pass the time' moment has to be perfect?

Soz, ignore that. I forgot to write that it was made from the vacbob sprite.

you may need to turn up your brightness to see it properly, it looked darker in preview than photoshop...
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Oh so your excuse for the fact that you obviously put minimal effort into your work is that you put minimal effort into your work, and therefore the problem that there's minimal effort into your work isn't a problem at all?

Look man, just because you say you half-ass something doesn't make the fact that it's half-assed okay.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

STOP!!!
I did say ignore what I wrote there, please don't take it like that. It really was a 5 minute piece of work, and I was feeling annoyed, so sorry that what I said came out like that.
treellama
Vidmaster

Fishman92 wrote:It really was a 5 minute piece of work
As opposed to all your other screenshots...
$lave
Vidmaster

Fishman92 wrote:I did say ignore what I wrote there, please don't take it like that.
For future reference, if you want to make sure that everyone ignores something you wrote the best method would usually be to delete it.
CryoS
Vidmaster

$lave wrote:For future reference, if you want to make sure that everyone ignores something you wrote the best method would usually be to delete it.
word
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Treellama wrote:As opposed to all your other screenshots...

You really hate me, don't you? Otherwise you wouldn't make comments like that. The screens were those of maps that have taken HOURS to make, so thanks anyway.
goran
Vidmaster

Hey fish, it kinda looks like masterchief, I'll give you that. But I think you can get much better results if you copypaste parts of the masterchief from screenshots and align them on the vacbob image. E.g. copypaste masterchiefs helmet onto the vacbobs helmet.
Kurinn
Mjolnir Mark IV

Fishman92 wrote:You really hate me, don't you? Otherwise you wouldn't make comments like that. The screens were those of maps that have taken HOURS to make, so thanks anyway.
Nobody hates you, except possibly for whatever voices in your head egg you on to think so.

They just enjoy making you think that they hate you, and that the entire world is out to get you.

But what if it was? Oh no... What if it IS?

First the tanks would come, playing songs over amplified megaphones, songs of your destruction and the triumph of the Red Army over the Fishmaniacs. Then the sharpshooters in the treeline would lay down a hail of bullets to keep you pinned down in your home. Finally, after playing Van Halen's "Panama" at high volume through giant speakers aimed at your house for 48 hours, they would send over some kind of commissar with an official document of surrender for you to sign, under which you would forever revoke your right to make maps, or involve yourself with the marathon community ever again.

Either that, or you'll just have to grow a thicker skin once again. You'll mess up, 'fess up, and you will get criticism, mostly sarcastic, snarky shit. I thought you were already used to this, no?
Dugit
Vidmaster

Kurinn wrote:Nobody hates you, except possibly for whatever voices in your head egg you on to think so.

They just enjoy making you think that they hate you, and that the entire world is out to get you.
Sounds like me.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
treellama
Vidmaster

Fishman92 wrote:You really hate me, don't you?
I don't think I've ever said anything negative about you, just your screenshots.
Otherwise you wouldn't make comments like that.
Surely your sense of self worth isn't tied to the quality of your screenshots? If it were, you'd try harder?
The screens were those of maps that have taken HOURS to make, so thanks anyway.
It took you HOURS to make a big room with irregular walls, pave it, and put a handful of trees in it? It didn't take five minutes, that's the joke, but surely it didn't take HOURS.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Treellama wrote:I don't think I've ever said anything negative about you, just your screenshots.
Surely your sense of self worth isn't tied to the quality of your screenshots? If it were, you'd try harder?

It took you HOURS to make a big room with irregular walls, pave it, and put a handful of trees in it? It didn't take five minutes, that's the joke, but surely it didn't take HOURS.
What is wrong with the screenshots?
Try harder.... hahahaha

Hours as in the whole damn map.
What's wrong with irregular walls, surely without them the map would look dull??

If you have a problem with me making ANY content for this engine, please tell me, because everytime I post something it's like "Oh that's crap, make something better." or "Try harder cos that sucks". Why do you never admit that you're wrong? Is There something wrong with your head? (don't reply to that bit :P)
You work on your stuff, I'll work on mine.

Thanks.

QUOTE(Dugit)Sounds like me.[/quote]
Argh, we be on the same ship.
Last edited by Fishman92 on Jan 21st '10, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
treellama
Vidmaster

Fishman92 wrote:everytime I post something it's like "Oh that's crap, make something better." or "Try harder cos that sucks".
You post updates constantly. I think I've made fun of your screenshots or scenario twice. That's hardly every time.

I don't recall ever telling you to try harder or make something better, either.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Treellama wrote:You post updates constantly.
Well I like keeping people up-to-date, ok?

And you still haven't said what's wrong with my screenshots.
Last edited by Fishman92 on Jan 21st '10, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Have a screen!

EDIT: or three :D

[attachment=3534:new_term_screen.jpg]
[attachment=3535:screeny_2.jpg]
[attachment=3536:level_2_final_geom.jpg]
Last edited by Fishman92 on Jan 22nd '10, 23:37, edited 1 time in total.
$lave
Vidmaster

I'd recommend putting some sort of frame around what I assume to be a terminal in the second and third screenshots. It also doesn't seem to be aligned quite properly, that logo would look better centred. The lighting also looks a bit mild in those two screenshots, I'd recommend making some of the areas darker.

I like how the background looks with the trees/rock/fog in those two screenshots, though, even if the foreground still seems a bit bland. This still seems like it could have some potential, but the lighting, texturing and architecture still need work.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

$lave wrote:I'd recommend putting some sort of frame around what I assume to be a terminal in the second and third screenshots. It also doesn't seem to be aligned quite properly, that logo would look better centred. The lighting also looks a bit mild in those two screenshots, I'd recommend making some of the areas darker.

I like how the background looks with the trees/rock/fog in those two screenshots, though, even if the foreground still seems a bit bland. This still seems like it could have some potential, but the lighting, texturing and architecture still need work.
Ah yes, I can see what you mean about the terminals, Thanks!
But that room doesn't look to good when you're right near the window, I might stick another screen of that room (but I'll fix the terminal first :D). Thanks for that [MUp] .
Dugit
Vidmaster

The Plasma Rifle looks awesome. Can you show some other weapons in action?
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.

irons
Vidmaster

underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
CryoS
Vidmaster

this brings a question, WHY ARE YOUR SPRITES SO LOW REZ IN COMPARIZON
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
treellama
Vidmaster

Swe Mussolini wrote:this brings a question, WHY ARE YOUR SPRITES SO LOW REZ IN COMPARIZON
Because he's running on a ten year old computer.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Swe Mussolini wrote:this brings a question, WHY ARE YOUR SPRITES SO LOW REZ IN COMPARIZON
I don't understand this, cos i have the weapon in hand sprites on the highest setting i could get them (32 bit, full size, Unlimited replacement quality).
Also, Chapter screen get :D!
[attachment=3558:1500.jpg]
Last edited by Fishman92 on Jan 25th '10, 21:36, edited 1 time in total.
Dugit
Vidmaster

Now that's nice. It still looks a little low res, though.