looking at the orgional marathon maps...

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
riserobotrise
Cyborg

hey is there anyway I can find or look at the orginal level map designs of the first original marathon?

the M1A1 mod is the closest, but unfortunately they added in monsters that weren't in the original, and they changed some stuff up a bit.

I just want to know where I can find the original info on the old maps (i.e object locations and the such)

thanks
-rise robot rise
Last edited by riserobotrise on Jan 19th '10, 03:00, edited 1 time in total.
envy
Mjolnir Mark IV

do you have a PPC mac?
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.
sgraff
Born on Board

Reminds me of my PC version of Marathon 2 had rooms the Mac/Aleph One download did not feature.
riserobotrise
Cyborg

sgraff wrote:Reminds me of my PC version of Marathon 2 had rooms the Mac/Aleph One download did not feature.
yeah, I remember hearing about differences between the PC and the Mac version of Marathon 2.

I guess the only way to look at those original files is to use an OS 7 emulator.
sgraff
Born on Board

riserobotrise wrote:yeah, I remember hearing about differences between the PC and the Mac version of Marathon 2.

I guess the only way to look at those original files is to use an OS 7 emulator.
Would the files be free to release to the public now? Next time I am at my parent's house I will try to dig out the PC version of M2 to check differences.
Dugit
Vidmaster

I assume so, but I only think you'll be able to look at the original M1 maps with the first versions of Pfhorte.

The whole list of differences is on the MSP.
Last edited by Dugit on Jan 19th '10, 07:17, edited 1 time in total.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
Zott
Vidmaster

The Map file for the Windows release of Marathon 2 is available on the trilogy page for download.
http://trilogyrelease.bungie.org/

As for viewing the original Marathon map file,, you would probably have to emulate Mac OS to check it out. I think there are a couple map editors/ map viewers that can open the file, but few come to mind immediately (and not for windows if any).
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Zott wrote:The Map file for the Windows release of Marathon 2 is available on the trilogy page for download.
http://trilogyrelease.bungie.org/

As for viewing the original Marathon map file,, you would probably have to emulate Mac OS to check it out. I think there are a couple map editors/ map viewers that can open the file, but few come to mind immediately (and not for windows if any).
I think you can get a patch for forge to open M1 maps, IIRC. Then just open them in forge, and export the singular maps.
Dugit
Vidmaster

Really? A patch for Forge? I thought only Pfhorte could. Cool. Where is this patch (not that I have use for it)?
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
treellama
Vidmaster

Forge can open Marathon maps without a patch, but you have to nuke and pave, so it's no good for looking at object locations.

You guys :(
Drictelt
Vidmaster

Eternal - Victory Dance IV - KTA III - Phoenix
More on Simplici7y: Xmas I-II-III - Winter I - Narcotics - Thrudnesday