Marathon Survival Project

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Thank goodness you're still around to point out that TGI's plot was (gasp) shallow!

Especially when it's off topic.

Something tells me I'm being trolled but I can't put my finger on it.
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

How dare you kill all the Red Shirts, Ryoko. Shame on you, you dick.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
Vladtepes
Cyborg

Ok, here comes a new version that should be the last one before the final version that I hope to ship in a Survival Map pack. The script itself is pretty much finished, it now mainly needs some balancing and play-testing.

The new scoring system has been implemented. It rewards skillful players based on their rapidity, survivability and the difficulty setting they are playing. The aim is to create an arcade mode allowing players and teams to compare their highscores on the various maps from the pack.

Players will score points depending on killed monster value modified by a bonus multiplier. The bonus multiplier is the product of 3 sub-multipliers: time multiplier, survival multiplier and difficulty multiplier. The time multiplier is increased every 30 sec and increased at the end of the round. The survival multiplier is increased at the end of each round and reset to 1 when a player die. This scoring system increase strategy: it is possible to wait for powerup to spawn but it will eventually screw your time bonus, it is also possible to go to full life by suiciding between two rounds but it screw your survival bonus...

Here are the changes since A2

Base Script:Scoring systemReworked interfaceNetgames: It should now be much more obvious when you are the last player alive (in netgames)Solo: Replaced the useless living player count by player score.Script settings for the Map:Removed some of the vacbobs in Bob roundsMap changes:Health canisters should now be easier to spotDownload link: [attachment=3614:The_Last_Stand_A3.zip]

Planed changes:Code cleanup?Map(s)Documentation (How to host, how to map for, interface and gameplay details, tips and strategies for the map(s))Friendly fire management co-script (based on my Colorblind Teamplay)
Attachments
The_Last_Stand_A3.zip
(14.95 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
Last edited by Vladtepes on Feb 24th '10, 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
irons wrote:QUOTE(irons @ Dec 18 2009, 12:47 AM) LEAVE ME ALONE STOP HURTING MY FEELINGS
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

RyokoTK wrote:
Nobody's going to accept any advice from non-Joel movie watchers.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

gmanyo wrote:Nobody's going to accept any advice from non-Joel movie watchers.
Don't you even go there, Mike was so much better.
brilliant
Mjolnir Mark IV

W wrote:OK guys, I'm going to write a survival.lua script. All of yours just suck too much.
Looking forward to it!
"My advise: V" - g pack