how do you make a platform stay down?

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
xilef
Cyborg

I make a platform that moves from 1024 down to 0 WU and i removed any deactivation tags from it but it keeps going up and down, what do I need to have on to make a platform stay down?
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Xilef wrote:I make a platform that moves from 1024 down to 0 WU and i removed any deactivation tags from it but it keeps going up and down, what do I need to have on to make a platform stay down?
deactivate at each level?
xilef
Cyborg

I need to keep that on?
I'll try that :s
EDIT: That did it, thanks!

What does "activate only once" do then?
Last edited by xilef on Mar 3rd '10, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.
treellama
Vidmaster

Xilef wrote:What does "activate only once" do then?
It means you can't activate the platform once it deactivates.

If you can run Weland, effigy was kind enough to add hover text to all the options in the platform dialog, so you can see what they do without reading the manual (which I'm guessing you don't want to do, or you wouldn't have asked)
Last edited by treellama on Mar 3rd '10, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.
xilef
Cyborg

I find weland hard to use, so I'm using software that has no manual at all and I'm learning as I go.
treellama
Vidmaster

http://archives2.bungie.org/manuals/Trilogy_Manual.pdf

Platforms flags do the same thing no matter which editor you're using.
irons
Vidmaster

Xilef wrote:I find weland hard to use, so I'm using software that has no manual at all and I'm learning as I go.
I know, seriously, I wonder how all these other people started making maps so quickly when Weland came out, and there's STILL no manual! Fuck you Ryoko, fuck you $lave. Why won't anyone tell me their secret?
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Xilef wrote:I find weland hard to use, so I'm using software that has no manual at all and I'm learning as I go.
Besides the fact that the Forge manual is perfectly available, Weland is so similar to Forge that if you are capable of using Forge the learning "curve" is more like a very minor pothole in a long road of incredible convenience.
xilef
Cyborg

Can't use forge either, just can't work out anything with these things.

Don't shoot me, I use obed, it's really easy to use but everyone here complains it's difficult...
herecomethej2000
Mjolnir Mark IV

yah, it really is a cinch. I seriously Don't know whoever said It was difficult to use was thinking. nOw how do i use this darn Thing?