Issues merging a shapes patch

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
President People
Mjolnir Mark IV

After merging a shapes patch with Atque, none of the changes showed up. In this particular patch, I replaced some bitmaps in the Walls collections, and few in the Scenery collections. Before that, I had created new bitmaps, sequences and a color table, but that didn't work either. (I textured the map before I merged it.)

If I play the merged map with the shapes file that's supposed to be merged into it, everything shows up fine.

I also tried embedding the patch with JUICE, but it says that the patch is to big. The file is 1.7 mb. The patch only replaces textures, not adds them, so it shouldn't think it's too big, should it?

I made the shapes, as well as the patch, on my old Mac which has classic. Then I transfer the files to this Mac with a flash drive, where I (try?) to merge them.

EDIT: Just looked at the Atque Manual and it says the maximum is 384kb. Not sure why my file is so big.
Last edited by President People on Jun 29th '10, 04:24, edited 1 time in total.
Love Marathon, and also play Doom on modern source ports? You might like these skins!
Drictelt
Vidmaster

The only reason I can think of is that you put all collections in the patch, instead of taking only the one(s) you needed.
Eternal - Victory Dance IV - KTA III - Phoenix
More on Simplici7y: Xmas I-II-III - Winter I - Narcotics - Thrudnesday
treellama
Vidmaster

The same thing happened to me when I created my shapes file in ShapeFusion, then tried to create a patch with Anvil. Anvil thought the entire collection had changed and exported a huge shapes patch.

So, what I had to do, was create the patch from scratch in Anvil, a bitmap at a time, and then export the shapes patch. Then it was small enough to merge.
Last edited by treellama on Jun 29th '10, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.
President People
Mjolnir Mark IV

Actually, keeping all the collections wasn't a problem, it makes a patch out of ONLY the changes you made from the Infinity shapes file. But I guess an extra 60 or so textures was too much. :P

Shapes patches are much more limited than I'd originally thought, I guess.
Love Marathon, and also play Doom on modern source ports? You might like these skins!