A couple of questions about forge

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
Wasabi
Born on Board

Can anyone tell me how to make elevators and doors in forge?

Thanks
Last edited by Wasabi on Sep 7th '10, 04:30, edited 1 time in total.
wasabi?
brilliant
Mjolnir Mark IV

I use Weland, which is a great program and is supposed to be the same as Forge, but better. You have to change the polygon type to Platform, and from there you can choose options like whether its a door or an elevator.
"My advise: V" - g pack
riserobotrise
Cyborg

brilliant wrote:I use Weland, which is a great program and is supposed to be the same as Forge, but better. You have to change the polygon type to Platform, and from there you can choose options like whether its a door or an elevator.

Its not better than forge, but it is supposed to be the same, without the visual mode.

Anyways, there its really easy in forge, but there is a video tutorial on it on youtube made by bungie themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaClDU_wPo0
Last edited by riserobotrise on Sep 7th '10, 04:57, edited 1 time in total.
Dugit
Vidmaster

riserobotrise wrote:Its not better than forge, but it is supposed to be the same, without the visual mode.
It is better, really. Swapping between Aleph One and Weland, isn't really a chore. Weland employs all of Aleph Ones advances ahead of Marathon 2 and Infinity's capabilities, allows texturing on the ceiling and floor from all texture sets (a boon to me), and above all is nowhere near as glitchy.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
President People
Mjolnir Mark IV

There's also a guide for Forge (and Anvil) in the Marathon Infinity Manual, available on the Trilogy Release Page.
Love Marathon, and also play Doom on modern source ports? You might like these skins!
mauro7inf
Spazeroid

n00b question: if Weland has no visual mode, how does one edit wall textures? And am I being stupid or should there be a sticky with the current state-of-the-art OS X tools?
ellio7t
Cyborg

The sticky is in the "editors, ect" section. Coincededntly the same place this should be.

It is called visual mode.lua
words