My New Map!(2 actually)

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
Skullcleaver
Born on Board

I have map two new maps, one is called Rough Draft, which is essentially a loose collection of unrelated levels.

1. The first is Friendly Fire Central, where you are dropped into the fray.Carnage is.. a lot.
You start with shotguns and 2x health, which means business. Anyway, the level is linear and doesnt really have an end.
At last part, you get to fry pfhor with your pfhlamethrower [MGrin]
2. Maze If this level seems oddly familiar to you, its because it is. It and FFC were originally same map, but with Maze there is less carnage and more linearity.
As with the other level it is short, but not too short.
3. Huge This level is not really about anything, just surviving against infinite waves of crazyBOBS and a juggernaut.
The map is very wide open, and this allows you to escape from BOBS or juggernauts. This is last level.

The Jokerzzz
As the name says, these levels are not at all serious . I made a parody of kampfer's map gemini and tecnos Caverns 2.
1. Jumeaux

[attachment=4276:Jumeaux_0004.png]

2. Ravernous
[attachment=4277:Ravernous_0000.png]
Attachments
Ravernous_0000.png
Ravernous_0000.png (395.66 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
Jumeaux_0004.png
Jumeaux_0004.png (318.54 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
Jumeaux_0001.png
Jumeaux_0001.png (335.45 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
Last edited by Skullcleaver on Sep 18th '10, 01:24, edited 1 time in total.
I LIKE PIE
brilliant
Mjolnir Mark IV

The maps from the Rough Maps pack were cool. The first one, Friendly Fire Central, especially had a lot of action. It really reminded me of a KTA kind of level. All of the levels, however, could have used some more textures and lighting. The rock texture was used a lot. Some of the platforms or doors were the same texture as the walls and that makes it hard to tell whether they are walls or platforms. I did not like the monsters continuously respawning on the first level, especially when I would get low on ammo. When I jumped down in the water and defeated all the monsters, I could not get back out, which I also didn't like. It made me wonder if I was done or if there was a way out to another area. The second map, maze, had some good action too. At the beginning, there is a platform with Hunters that lower down. After I defeated the Hunters, I was curious what was at the top of the platform. I got on the platform and waited for it to go up, and when I got up there, there were a few untextured spots and I could not get back down. My Aleph One also crashed once while playing Maze, as well as Jumeaux several times. In the third map, Huge, I was spawned in a place that was surrounded by barrels (or whatever those are) and I could not go anywhere, so I did not get the point of that map. I recommend either putting a teleporter at the end of each map to teleport back to the beginning of the map or to the next map in the pack, otherwise there is a feeling of incompleteness. The ammo and health was decent in each map, and again, there was a lot of action which made them fun. These are definitely better than your first map, but there is room for improvement.
"My advise: V" - g pack
Skullcleaver
Born on Board

Thankyou for advice, I am currently working to correct that. Thanks! [MLaugh]
Also, the Jokerzzz maps are meant to be buggy.
I LIKE PIE
Skullcleaver
Born on Board

ZUpdated! v1.1 of rough maps on simplicic7y. [MGrin]
Last edited by Skullcleaver on Sep 18th '10, 13:56, edited 1 time in total.
I LIKE PIE