Geometry post-Chisel

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
ktaur
Born on Board

In the old days, when i ran OS 9 and used Forge, i used Chisel plugins rather extensively; especially the one that drew ovals at a specified size, origin, and number of points. After a rather lengthy hiatus, i'm using (and loving) Weland and Visual Mode.lua, but the one thing i'm really missing is the control Chisel provided in creating circles.

i'm working on a map i originally created in Forge, and used Chisel to draw several huge circles, however, once i converted the map to sceA format for editing in Weland, i'm unable to open it in Chisel to place additional geometry.

Does anyone know if another tool exists for creating circles, ovals and the like, or if there's a way to convert sceA maps back to the traditional forge format for use with chisel?

Thanks
treellama
Vidmaster

Weland writes standard Marathon 2 format maps. No conversion required. I know of no tool to create ovals, but it would probably be trivial to implement in Weland.
ktaur
Born on Board

Hmm. i'm unable to open anything saved from Weland (anything with an sceA extension) in Forge or Chisel...
ellio7t
Cyborg

K wrote:or if there's a way to convert sceA maps back to the traditional forge format for use with chisel
no dice
words
irons
Vidmaster

It's just a matter of assigning the correct OS 9 filetype. I used to open a working map file in ResEdit, copy its filetype info, and paste it into the info for the map that wasn't working. If you have OS X, there might still exist some drag-and-drop Applescripts that will do the same thing. Aren't you glad Apple used filetypes in the old days :(
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
treellama
Vidmaster

You can drag and drop a Weland .sceA on Forge and it will open fine, no file type necessary. Chisel, who knows? It's a hack anyway.
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

Obed uses ovals.
D?rovací tvá?í.
Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
ktaur
Born on Board

Thanks, treellama. sceA files would never show in the listing when i attempted to open them from Forge. Never occurred to me to just drop them on the app itself.