Map idea for infinity

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
infwaffle
Mjolnir Mark IV

I have ideas for a map im going to make called the IWIA im on a pc and if you have any helpful tips please tell me. Would it be better to have seperate maps in a pack? Should i have only one map? The map will have areas such as a quick arena area attached to a large room and an uper level for something.
EDIT: president people is refining a shape file replaceing the alien weapon with a waffle launcher. It does work needs a either a little editing or i need to place more on map.
Last edited by infwaffle on May 4th '11, 00:42, edited 1 time in total.
President People
Mjolnir Mark IV

You have an infinite stack of waffles. All of them are blueberry except one; a strawberry one, placed randomly in the infinite stack. What are the odds of eating your way down to the strawberry one?

As â??waffle stated, I am working on a shapes patch and physics file for his map. It features a rifle that shoots waffles. I merged the files with Red Spectrum map X-24, which is downloadable below. I'm posting this so I can get some feedback about balance and such.

The Alien Weapon is replaced by the Waffle Launcher. It works much like the Alien Weapon in that the triggers share ammo, there's a random amount of it on pickup and it disappears once it's out. The first trigger has a random amount of ammo under 300 and shoots one at a time rapidly. The second is random under 66 and shoots three at once at a slow rate.

The bullets (waffles) have a horizontal wander, making them appear to fly like discs. They do a minimum damage of 24 and do a random damage of 8. They move at the same speed as the alien projectile. (The damage is likely to change)

Adjustments can still be made depending on what â??waffle wants and/or any suggestions.
Attachments
X_24___Waffle_Gun.sceA.zip
(116.76 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
Last edited by President People on May 8th '11, 06:41, edited 1 time in total.
Love Marathon, and also play Doom on modern source ports? You might like these skins!
Paul
Cyborg

what
brilliant
Mjolnir Mark IV

The waffle gun is too funny. It might also be cool to see a gun that can shoot eggs.
Last edited by brilliant on May 4th '11, 01:58, edited 1 time in total.
"My advise: V" - g pack
infwaffle
Mjolnir Mark IV

Paul wrote:what
IRRELEVENT lol sorry please dont post things like this its not relevent at all.
Dis
Mjolnir Mark IV

Although normally this post would be filled with scathing ridicule in reaction to someone making a *gasp* physics model (only to fit in with the cool kids, I assure you) it replaces the Alien Weapon-which I hate anyway-with something that's halfway amusing and efficacious as a weapon but doesn't upset the existent balance. Just get someone to make a halfway decent or 'ironically' bad graphic for it and you'll be set.

(also: your shapes patch fucks up player colors, just to let you know.)
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x.style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x.innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
President People
Mjolnir Mark IV

Dis wrote:(also: your shapes patch fucks up player colors, just to let you know.)
I was hoping I had avoided that. Patching new player sprites seems mess with other player sprites, even some sprites in unrelated collections. For example, if you look at the bullet ricochet in the merged map I posted before, the colors are slightly off, and there's a transparent spot in the center. It could look worse than that; it could have wild colors or black patches.

Something similar happens with weapon-in-hand sprites. Any new sprites will have strange colors, but only if it's in the Weapons In Hand collection. I had to put them into the Bob collection to make it work correctly. I could probably do the same with the player sprites, but I'd have to add about 7 color tables to whatever collection I used. I don't think ShapeFusion let's you add color tables. Hm, actually it can.
Last edited by President People on May 21st '11, 01:35, edited 1 time in total.
Love Marathon, and also play Doom on modern source ports? You might like these skins!
Ares Ex Machina
Mjolnir Mark IV

President People wrote:Something similar happens with weapon-in-hand sprites. Any new sprites will have strange colors, but only if it's in the Weapons In Hand collection.
QUOTE(Anvil Manual)Marathon restricts the colors available to all collections to those within a set of 256 "Standard" colors. When Marathon runs in thousands-of-colors mode, it will check the Shapes file for "Custom Colors" collections. Only the "Weapons in Hand" and Landscape collections have custom colors data. If you change the Weapons in Hand or Landscape graphics, you must also change their "Custom Colors" collection for the results to be visible when Marathon runs in thousands-of-colors mode.[/quote]
President People
Mjolnir Mark IV

QUOTE(Anvil Manual)Marathon restricts the colors available to all collections to those within a set of 256 "Standard" colors. When Marathon runs in thousands-of-colors mode, it will check the Shapes file for "Custom Colors" collections. Only the "Weapons in Hand" and Landscape collections have custom colors data. If you change the Weapons in Hand or Landscape graphics, you must also change their "Custom Colors" collection for the results to be visible when Marathon runs in thousands-of-colors mode.[/quote]
This is referring to shapes files. My shapes file runs without a problem; It's when a shapes patch is made from it that problems arise. And I put the graphics in both the Standard and Custom collections.