SSBB

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
Darkwrath
Mjolnir Mark IV

What do you think of the Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl? Obviously any Nintendo fan would love the Wii and any Smash Bros. fan would love the Wii and SSBB but I rarely find other people who like the Wii that are not Nintendo fans. There are even less who are other console/company fans who like it. Personaly I think their all just jealous [MWuh] They act as though something is wrong with it. Nothing is really wrong with it and if its because they find it more challenging then thats stupid, in fact most people like a challenge. The Wii was suppose to quote "Simplify gaming" while as it failed on that completely which we can all agree on, it still has done that in a way, it usually depends on the game you are playing. SSBB for instance is the second online-enabled Wii game which caused alot of hype, of course ever since Nintendo finally joined among the ranks of other video game companys who have online play (all of them) this caused alot of hype and made Nintendo even more of the most famous video game company in the world. SSBB is waited for by even more people because of online play, it already had alot of people waiting for its release just because its Super Smash Bros baby, no doubt Nintendo's best game yet, it ranks up there with Halo, Doom, TimeSplitters and other games. What do you guys think of the Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl (and earlier Smash games)?
The world is filled with bastard covered bastards with bastard fillings.

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|......, ] -
"(@)'(@)"""**|(@)(@)*** **''(@)

I'MMA FIRIN' MAH LAZAR
Darkwrath
Mjolnir Mark IV

W wrote:Please, tell me more.
Did I write too much?

The Official Website in English
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

YouTube GameSpot Feature on the Playable Demo Event (Doesn't really explain the game in full detail, just some random gameplay trailer I found while searching for videos for it)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqm5WFgPw34

Sorry I like to explain things before I really talk about them...like more than a person usually would...
Last edited by Darkwrath on Nov 29th '07, 05:37, edited 1 time in total.

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||

I'MMA FIRIN' MAH LAZAR
Zott
Vidmaster

(*Wait for TL DR, expects it in next post. *Lays down some gambling chips.)

I've been waiting for someone to make a thread about Brawl. I even contemplated it myself, but leave my threads for fairly thought-out topics, and usually think it through so much I don't bother posting the thread anyway.

Regardless, Brawl is turning out to be that game I want. I wanted Gamecube controller support, granted. Replays? They are there. Snapshots to SD cards? Simply Awesome. (No more WASTING my Memory Cards) Different Taunts? A Bonus. Nice color scemes on the characters.

And Kirby. The game wouldn't be complete without Kirby. Bless you Kirby.

Online Multiplayer is an addition which I am glad to have, but was never my super focus, I somehow think lag will get in the way.

I know my friend was begging for a map editor. His wish was granted.

I worried about profiles and how they would be stuck to your Wii, then thought how they could do a Mii Wii-mote transfer thing. Less than a Week after I thought that, they mentioned saving controller config to the Wii-mote. I don't doubt profiles are included in that. YES!

My one idea that I hope will still be included is selecting custom music off an SD Card. Pair this with a slideshow stage, and we'll good to go!

Oh and bring back some of the classic stages like Melee did, there are some good ones that I'd like to keep around. (Ice Climbers not being one of them...)

Overall, I bet this will be one of the best games of the year. Maybe 3 years, we'll see how that turns out.

My only gripes with Brawl so far are:
Music: Some seem to lack quality, using "diddly" music as my father would put it. The Wii is capable of DVDs, (duel layer IIRC), they should be some room for some high quality MP3s. [Oh sorry, the Wii is removing MP3 support >:( in its photochannel for AAC] Though the Ashley theme is VERY well done, I feel that other songs don't reflect this same sound quality. This isn't to say they arn't nice, they just sound too much like MIDIs for their own good. I will have to see how they bond with the stage.
Last edited by Zott on Nov 29th '07, 07:05, edited 1 time in total.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

Zott wrote:hough the Ashley theme is VERY well done, I feel that other songs don't reflect this same sound quality. This isn't to say they arn't nice, they just sound too much like MIDIs for their own good. I will have to see how they bond with the stage.
Its all about nostalgia I suppose.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

There are two things about the wii I don't like: Lack of a good lineup of fps's and other gritty games, and the fact that some of the motion sensitive programming is a little hazy in some of the games. (warioware minigame where you need to shred the paper, and the one where you need to hand out pamphlets)
Can't speel for hist.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

Kinetic Turtle wrote:dc;dr
Dumb crud/crap; Didn't read?
Can't speel for hist.
EDX
Cyborg

I feel like I wasted about 2 minutes of my life reading your paragraph once you compared this game with DooM. Not really, but man, do I disagree with you.

SSB is good (Melee was the bomb... I still play it to this day.) But this game will not have the impact on the industry like DooM did. Or Halo for that matter.
<Blasphemy>
And I don't even like Halo that much.
</Blasphemy>
Your claim that this is nintendo's best game brings my piss to a boil. If you're one who appreciates games from all eras, Starfox, Earthbound, Super Metroid are all games that outshine any of the SSB games. Not to say that they are great games, they are... But I have a hard time believing that this game=

BEST GAME EVAR
You know what? Video games kick ASS!!!
kineticturtle
Vidmaster

EDX wrote:<Blasphemy>
</Blasphemy>
Definitely not blasphemy 'round these parts.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

ObbieGL avidly describes these pfhorums of ours to our classmates as "A bunch of Halo haters"
Can't speel for hist.
Darkwrath
Mjolnir Mark IV

EDX wrote:I feel like I wasted about 2 minutes of my life reading your paragraph once you compared this game with DooM. Not really, but man, do I disagree with you.

SSB is good (Melee was the bomb... I still play it to this day.) But this game will not have the impact on the industry like DooM did. Or Halo for that matter.
<Blasphemy>
</Blasphemy>
Your claim that this is nintendo's best game brings my piss to a boil. If you're one who appreciates games from all eras, Starfox, Earthbound, Super Metroid are all games that outshine any of the SSB games. Not to say that they are great games, they are... But I have a hard time believing that this game=

BEST GAME EVAR
Depends on your game genre, fighting games, fps, rpg, rts, and racing games are my favorites, this game brings all my favorite games into one great fighting game.

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||

I'MMA FIRIN' MAH LAZAR
Darkwrath
Mjolnir Mark IV

Pfhortipfhy wrote:ObbieGL avidly describes these pfhorums of ours to our classmates as "A bunch of Halo haters"
I don't hate Halo, I'm just don't devote my life to it as I'm assuming he did.

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||

I'MMA FIRIN' MAH LAZAR
EDX
Cyborg

-JC- wrote:I don't hate Halo, I'm just don't devote my life to it as I'm assuming he did.
I didn't assume you liked halo. My point was that those games have a important place in video games for creating whole new paradigms in the industry (DooM more than Halo) I do now thing this entry in the SSB series will do the same. It might though, it will be a great game no doubt, I loved the last entries in the series. I just disagree on that point.

I want to thank you for making this thread though, we need more posts in the offtopic section than the PL.
Bridget
Mjolnir Mark IV

Is it true that Master Chief, Mega Man, and Richter Belmont are going to be hidden characters in SSBB? [1337]
Alan wrote:QUOTE(Alan @ Feb 1 2008, 08:14 PM) Also why is Bridget a guy yet he looks so pretty?
EDX
Cyborg

Bridget wrote:Is it true that Master Chief, Mega Man, and Richter Belmont are going to be hidden characters in SSBB? [1337]
Richter Belmonts the best. I have the original Dracula X. It's worth playing even if you don't know any Japaneese. And now they have a PSP remake with probabally kicks ass as well.

Megaman 2= One of my favorite games.

Everyone knows Master Chief=Marth=Roy, so of course he'll be in Brawl.
Bridget
Mjolnir Mark IV

EDX wrote:Richter Belmonts the best. I have the original Dracula X. It's worth playing even if you don't know any Japaneese. And now they have a PSP remake with probabally kicks ass as well.

Now that you mention it, I do have a modded PC Engine Duo-R. But the games I want for it are all way too expensive. I think I'll trade the system for a PSP. (I also know quite a bit of Japanese.)

Yes, I too am a fan of MM2.
Alan wrote:QUOTE(Alan @ Feb 1 2008, 08:14 PM) Also why is Bridget a guy yet he looks so pretty?
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

-JC- wrote:I don't hate Halo, I'm just don't devote my life to it as I'm assuming he did.
I'm not Obbie.

*glares at Ryoko*
Can't speel for hist.
Magnum
Cyborg

EDX wrote:Richter Belmonts the best. I have the original Dracula X. It's worth playing even if you don't know any Japaneese. And now they have a PSP remake with probabally kicks ass as well.

RoB is teh secks, so is SSBB.
Also, I hope Ridley doesn't become playable, and becomes a AT.
Last edited by Magnum on Nov 30th '07, 01:17, edited 1 time in total.
EDX
Cyborg

Bridget wrote:Now that you mention it, I do have a modded PC Engine Duo-R. But the games I want for it are all way too expensive. I think I'll trade the system for a PSP. (I also know quite a bit of Japanese.)

Yes, I too am a fan of MM2.
Hells yeah turbo duo. The lost 8-bit system... I still play raiden and Salamander on it sometimes. The snes version of dracula x is a bastardization of the original PC-Engine masterpiece. You can unlock the original on the PSP version. If you get a PSP, you won't be dissapointed. However I find myself using homebrew on mine more than normal games... But don't let nintendo fanboys tell you "PSP CANT HAS NO GAMEZ"

Anyways... pertaining to the topic, I hope Brawl will be classic controller compatible. Sometimes I just am too worn out to wave around the wiimote.
However the one game I HOPE will be the "best game evar" is a Wii nights into dreams sequel. I'm a sega fanboy at heart. I played Saturn more than any of the other consoles.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

EDX wrote:Anyways... pertaining to the topic, I hope Brawl will be classic controller compatible. Sometimes I just am too worn out to wave around the wiimote.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/va.../various01.html
Last edited by Phortiphy on Nov 30th '07, 01:25, edited 1 time in total.
Can't speel for hist.
EDX
Cyborg

Hmm... this might make me get a wii then. I don't play Zildo, this is the most interesting game so far on the wii. Besides the attempts to make an FPS on wii which have failed... Besides MP3.
Darkwrath
Mjolnir Mark IV

uh...no

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||

I'MMA FIRIN' MAH LAZAR
Bridget
Mjolnir Mark IV

EDX wrote:However the one game I HOPE will be the "best game evar" is a Wii nights into dreams sequel. I'm a sega fanboy at heart. I played Saturn more than any of the other consoles.
Love the Saturn. All that's needed to play Nights is an analog stick and 3 buttons, and I think it should be mainly kept that way. I hope they don't add motion controls or whatever where it's not needed. Speaking of Nights, the original is going to be ported to the PS2 with updated graphics. I dunno if I'll get it though, since I already have the original.