My school got pwned

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
thomaslivingston
Vidmaster

In Lochgilphead we recently got a new school and everyone has been complaining about it. No bag racks, looks like a hospital, always too cold or too hot, poorly built etc. But last night it showed just how poorly built it was. That's right, the fucking roof got blown off!
Just before 5th year prelims as well...

I hope that added some lols to your day.
The Thug
Vidmaster

I bet you feel safe.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.
soulblighter
Cyborg

The Thug wrote:I bet you feel safe.
I know I would.
[viral]
Nobody hipped me to that, dude.
I will blight your soul!
treellama
Vidmaster

Could be worse, the roof could be on fire!
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

It's not like they'd need water anyway.
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

You call that a school? That looks more like an abandoned warehouse with a roof made of fiberglass.
Sharkie Lino
Cyborg

just some duct tape and your good to go! [MLaugh]
Marathon Player Since 1995.

If You Are Always Dying in The Game, You Are Not a Bad Player, You Are Learning.
thomaslivingston
Vidmaster

Shadowbreaker wrote:You call that a school? That looks more like an abandoned warehouse with a roof made of fiberglass.
It looks a little better from the front. But not much.
Zott
Vidmaster

At least you guys get windows (some). At my School we got skylights, those weren't the best idea...
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee
Coraxus
Cyborg

I guess this is what happens when one tries to be cheap and stuff.
logan
Mjolnir Mark IV

people will always complain..... ironically enough we just got a new school too. Students still complain about everything even though 18 million dollars was put into it. I swear you wanna talk about stupid.....Our entire school is full of windows, so many in fact that they can't find a place without windows to have a tornado drill.

Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

My school is actually being heavily remodelled, for a small sum of 10 or so million dollars. Looks nice, but I wouldnt have forked out that much for it.
Pfhorsome
Cyborg

Well windows I dont know about, but our school just petitioned (and won) for a $54 Million remodeling. Commons Area, extended parking, an underground tunnel acces to main ELEVATOR SHAFTS (that would be put in as well) and to topp it off, a nice spanking new Varsity Stadium made ocmpletely of astro turf and made to seat 20,000 - barely te number of people in the whole freaking town. Most of them are going to be paying and not even know what their tax dollars are doing.
Best part - 12 years ago a almost perfectly acoustic auditorium was built and yea its freakin cool, looks great and has comfy seats, but that project hasn't been paid off for. Everyone is happy, but still, come on. Noone thinks 54 million is wortha new stadium- we have a nice one already, and, the true one great thing - (Ill spare the 0's):::

54 Million + 263(or something close) Million + 7 (lol) years construction=final outcome and debt.

You think its worth it? I am never sending my kid to this school. It's not even private, but costs more than the boarding academy school we also have!
kineticturtle
Vidmaster

Pfhorsome wrote:Varsity Stadium made ocmpletely of astro turf
I don't imagine that's particularly structurally sound.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

Some old people in my district (with no kids, might I add) are petitioning to cut my schools funding from 10 million to 6 million! Fuck!
Can't speel for hist.
Packard20
Mjolnir Mark IV

That would suck... Thank god I live around a ton of people who are F**Kin rich and they all gladly pay for schools (Or schools are NICE we have "Laptop carts" full of 20 laptops each, about 10 in the entire school. Nice looking building even if the colors are a bit bland.)
ALL HAIL PACKARD THE IDIOT
screamingfool
Mjolnir Mark IV

and in this palace of opulence we are taught that we need not think
davidwood15
Cyborg

Schools shit.
thomaslivingston
Vidmaster

Packard20 wrote:we have "Laptop carts" full of 20 laptops each, about 10 in the entire school.
A load of our laptops got stolen in the move to the new school. The people responsible for moving everything got fired though.
davidwood15
Cyborg

Tommy-TBone wrote:A load of our laptops got stolen in the move to the new school. The people responsible for moving everything got fired though.

Apparently the guys who were doing all the moves were doing it for civil servive. Hahah.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

My school ALWAYS has a virus in the network. We have a fair number of laptop carts, with ~30 laptops per cart, but at least two of the carts have so many laptops broken that there are only ~7 in them. People are constantly ripping off keys, and about once or twice a week a laptop dies. The funny thing is, the school had macs a LONG time ago, and before they transferred to PC's (Macs are more expensive) we never had these problems.
Can't speel for hist.
moonible
Cyborg

the roof looks like it was made of party streamers
CryoS
Vidmaster

lolololol
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?