I just realized:

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
SirBlastalot
Vidmaster

I had forgotten about this. Here's his email, with mine qouted. Names and emails are deleted.

Yo [deleted]-

Thanks for the note. Funnily enough, our janitor quit last month. You do windows?

On 10/29/05 2:13 PM, "[deleted]" <[deleted]@[deleted.com> wrote:

I was just wondering *who* exactly is working at wideload. I like to consider myself one of those people who remember "some other great games you are probably not cool enough to remember." and if you guys have a few of those old-skool-gods around, well....

Do you need a janitor?

-SirBlastalot
Last edited by SirBlastalot on May 8th '06, 12:54, edited 1 time in total.
The only choice you have is the one I've already made for myself. Disappear into the darkness. Then make them fear the shadows.

"Real life, getting in the way of nerds since 1983"
-DcBob
Switch
Vidmaster

did ya email him back looking for marathoners? I mean there's like only a thousand of us left so it would probably be the first time he got harassed by minf players this millennium [MGrin] Maybe we can get Wideloaders to talk about making the games or get their company to spend a week working on alephone (jk)
xyfbzi
Vidmaster

i think we should form a zombie like horde and claw alexander seropian/jason jones' house, and instead of saying brains, we'll say, "games....games...."

Billy was a chemist's son.
But Billy is no more.
What Billy thought was H20,
Was H2S04.
SirBlastalot
Vidmaster

Autograph....Autograph!
The only choice you have is the one I've already made for myself. Disappear into the darkness. Then make them fear the shadows.

-DcBob
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

No way...

We shouldnt harass them though.

We are lucky the wideload is too small to not care though. Same goes with pangea. I emailed them, and guess what? Brian Greenstone himself emailed me.

Ok so who do we trust now, bungie or wideload?
Last edited by Shadowbreaker on Jun 13th '06, 02:06, edited 1 time in total.
Switch
Vidmaster

ah Pangea [MGrin] Cromag, Bugdom, and the legendary Nanosaur

I don't see why we really trust either, everything from Bungie has to be taken with caution given their evil puppet masters and sure wideload emailed someone but that seemed like a kinda shallow email, It diden't address the question. Untill we create our own file formats you can't sell material for Aleph One so why would any game company get Involved?
SirBlastalot
Vidmaster

I trust bungie to some extent. I do however vastly perfer Wideload in the massive-unquestioning-worship department.

-DcBob
pakkman781
Cyborg

I trust Open Source Devs!

Oh, and blasty spelled disappear wrong in his sig!

I want a Marathon Remake based on the Halo 2 engine(or some other newish thingy...)!

I'm not sure why I keep exclaiming things!
SirBlastalot
Vidmaster

Holy exclamations, batman!

PS: Thank you for pointing out my error!

-DcBob