Presidential elections!

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

Obama is great. The only thing I don't like about him is his immigration policy, but I don't like *anybody's* immigration policy, so whatever.

I grew up in a time where republicans have done very very little good, and I don't see how more can help, so if I could vote, there I no way in hell I'd vote for McCain.

Discuss.

PS: Yes, I know Hillary's out. The last two poles are "what if..."'s.
Can't speel for hist.
DeepThought
Cyborg

Obama is the obvious choice, in my opinion.
Last edited by DeepThought on Jul 17th '08, 13:40, edited 1 time in total.

QUOTE(Alan)So that means ALL YOU PEOPLE who AGREED WITH W'RKNCACNTER ARE STUPID, AND THAT MEANS HE'S IGNORANT, AND THAT MEANS ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO AGREED WITH HIM ARE IGNORANT TOO! So I'm not ignorant which makes me not diluted. YOU ARE.[/quote]
epstein
Mjolnir Mark IV

Pfhortipfhy wrote:Discuss.
Don't tell me what to do.
~if I had a rocket launcher, I'd make someone~
irons
Vidmaster

Why can't I vote for Bush?
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
Winter_Wolf
Cyborg

irons wrote:Why can't I vote for Bush?
According to Obama you can: just vote McCain and you get Bush!
If you would like to help the MaraPiD project, send me a personal message.

Download the Marathon: Pathways into Darkness Beta:
http://rapidshare.com/files/48405034/MPiD_Version_0.5.zip
MasterYo1
Cyborg

Yeah!

McCain are dum. Obama is the only one actually trying anything different.
I am not allowed to log in unless I am logged in. WTF.
You are wrong. Not 2.5. Five.

Also I am not dead.
Sharkie Lino

I vote No one. Because politics suck.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

Ignoring it doesn't make it go away, sharkie. At least choose the least of all evils, because then at least you don't get screwed over more than is needed.
Last edited by Phortiphy on Jul 22nd '08, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
Can't speel for hist.
megabyte
Vidmaster

McCain ftw.
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]
visciom
Cyborg

Frankly I don't like McCain or Obama.
The Thug
Vidmaster

Al Gore.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.
Packard20
Mjolnir Mark IV

irons wrote:Why can't I vote for Bush?
Yay! Best president ever round 3 coming up!

/joke

Otherwise I have no opinion on the up coming elections, besides that Obama will win...
wether we all like it or not.
Last edited by Packard20 on Jul 25th '08, 23:58, edited 1 time in total.
ALL HAIL PACKARD THE IDIOT
Mordekai
Cyborg

I still have no idea why everyone hates Bush...everybody feels the need to jump on the bandwagon. Anyways, I'm not a huge fan of McCain, and I don't trust Obama.

*Don't be a hater, vote for Nader!*
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

this topic is thoroughly disgusting

thank god for the internet, so I can see teenagers discussing issues that matter
Mordekai
Cyborg

Heh. The internet is possibly the worst place ever to talk about serious issues.
MasterYo1
Cyborg

Nader would be the best president with Phil Bredesen as VP. Don't ask why. I won't elaborate enough for anyone to understand the logic behind the illogical.
I am not allowed to log in unless I am logged in. WTF.
You are wrong. Not 2.5. Five.

Also I am not dead.
Mordekai
Cyborg

Drictelt wrote:Under his command, people are tortured to gain evidence, which is worthless but he doesn't realize it. This is disgusting and indicates that bush is dumb and conscienceless
He started a war based on lies, and he knew it, which, in my eyes, is exactly the same as mass murder. Iraq had no mass destruction weapons, America probably does. Following his own Texan laws, i think Bush deserves death penalty.
but i couldnt bear being accused of "jumping on the wagon".
You just did. Isn't the world safer since Hussein was captured. Isn't the world safer since the forces of Al Qaeda have been lessened. You cannot trust the media. The media would have us wait around for another 9/11 to happen. Sorry, but I get sick of people saying all the same crap about Bush, as if every little thing that went wrong in the world is his fault.

P.S. I vote for Minotaur.
Mordekai
Cyborg

Drictelt wrote:*Post*
You have your opinion, I have mine. I'm sure neither one is totally correct.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

Windbreaker wrote:Wait, what? Aren't you like, 14?
Yes, and? Well, fine, I am still "growing up". Whatever. What I meant was, I've spent a majority of my life so far under republican rule, and I don't see much good come out of it.

Ryoko, how is this disgusting?

PS: Blatant error fixed.
PPS: Note to self: stop feeding trolls.
Can't speel for hist.
megabyte
Vidmaster

Drictelt wrote:Besides, under Al Gore 9/11 would probably never have happened.
I'd like to hear this one explained.
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
[viral]
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

I've heard that obamarama has spread to europe. (Thanks Newsweek). Wohooo!
Can't speel for hist.
megabyte
Vidmaster

Drictelt wrote:Well, I don't have access to inquestionably correct information about intern american politics, but I've heard many times so far that Bush would have known about 9/11 in advance, and considering how lightly he goes over lies and wars, I'm prepared to believe it.
I've never heard that one before, but I'm sure the inventor of the internet would do much at keeping America safe.
Favorite quote
[viral]
megabyte
Vidmaster

Drictelt wrote:eh?
Al Gore " took the initiative in creating the Internet"
Which makes no sense either way you look at it. He didn't create it or support creation while in governmental power seeing as it was created before he came into power of any kind.

I also find it hilarious that he didn't even know what our first president looked like. It is on our $1 bill. The most common bill in the US.

Surly he could have stopped 9/11.
Favorite quote
[viral]
megabyte
Vidmaster

On a talk show he said "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet." That quote is a lie no matter what way you look at it. He didn't create or encourage the creation of the internet. He wasn't even in congress during that time. The way he worded it made it sound like he created so everyone makes fun of it.
Favorite quote
[viral]