What is the Clique?

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
Alan
Cyborg

What is the Clique? By that I mean, what is their goal? I know it's a group of people but, what is +V about? In fact, is the Clique even real??
I have read the entire JFO and I can't tell if this is real because almost every topic is explained so deeply. And those links at the top of the page like Clique, seirous, and link, they just show the topics in different orders. Some of the topics are really insane. And I really actually insane!

For example, the topic about a random person, visting the alephone chat room. Who meets these people with +V engraved on there skin... yeah... WTF was THAT about!? What is the voice? Is +v a shorted word for voice? And the sun. Yeah... umm.... yeah... about that, aren't they in a chat room? Is the sun like a metaphor? Well is it? And it also said that a single mind seemed to control them at times. What is this? Some kind of cult? And the random person started asking questions and for some reason, umm... yeah... umm... the +V people wanted to punish that person. Wtf man. And then they started speaking in unison to the random person. They said YOU WHO ARE WITHOUT VOICE SHALL HAVE THE VOICE RENT FROM YOU Then lower men with neither Voice nor Power quaked and hid their faces in their hands, gnashing their teeth to drown out the inevitable answer: the group he detected was the clique. Do people really fear the Clique that badly?!? Then a Clique governor streched out his hand and some how fire started on his hand. The Clique members said YOUR OPPOSITION IS IN VAIN. ACCEPT YOUR PUNISHMENT. And then the Clique governor with the flaming hand burned the random person in the face. The random person closed his eyes and felt pain and saw a image.

-V

At this point I was like: (WTF IS THIS? How is that EVEN POSSIBLE?!? Who are you people? Satan!?) That was by far the weirdest thing I have ever read. This is worst than the book called A Child Called It. OMG... UGH... UGH... WTF HAPPENED? This is so messed up it hurts a little to read it. UGH!! WTF MAN...UGHHH... UGHHH... Who was this random person!? Treellama!? Or was Treellama the one who burned the random person in the face? Or is Thermoplyae the one who got burned in the face? Is this real? Or is this some really sick joke that took Irons an hour to make?

Anyhoo... then I kept reading all of these topics. I thought at first the Clique was just a joke but this is starting to sound very serious! I'm starting to think it real because there is so much infomation about the Clique. Like its people... and victums. Its land. Its enemys. And it's history. It's history topic was very odd at best.

The Clique was made by RyokoTK. (Saw that coming... Just saying!) It was at first called [R]elic. RyokoTK typed The [R]elic is a clan exclusively for the highest echelon of members of the Marathon community. Echelon?? Evidence presented indicates that it was the name for a signals intelligence collection system. The report concludes that, on the basis of information presented, ECHELON was capable of interception and content inspection of telephone calls, fax, e-mail and other data traffic globally through the interception of communication bearers including satellite transmission. ECHELON is a name used in global media and in popular culture to describe a signals intelligence (SIGINT) collection and analysis network operated on behalf of the five signatory states. (I got this info from Wikipedia) So I think the Clique is kind of like the ECHELON but instead of five signatory states they have members controling websites. And they can't inspect our tellephone calls. Right? Right!? If this Clique thing is a joke it's not funny. For the people reading it and the creater because it's disturbing to read and this would have taken about 72 hours to make this joke.

So I just want these questions answered.

And what is the reason of the Clique?
Ignorance creates the deluded.
$lave
Vidmaster

There is no "CLIQUE".

EDIT: Actually, the clique is a group of people on #alephone who whave voice and/or ops. Voice, now, really doesn't mean anything at all. Ops means that you can kick me.
Last edited by $lave on Jul 20th '08, 00:27, edited 1 time in total.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Maybe later I will post about the goals of the CLIQUE. Also, you're way behind on your taxes. You'll probably get a visit from some people pretty soon about that.
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

The CLIQUE is largely a group of people who make fun of people like you for making stupid posts like these.
thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV

It is serious. It is really big and serious.

And while I've never been burnt in the face, I've had much worse.
dude, seriously. dude.
Alan
Cyborg

Shadowbreaker wrote:The CLIQUE is largely a group of people who make fun of people like you for making stupid posts like these.
They have made fun of you alot more. For example, when you called everyone asscasseroles. Now stop being a jerk. Your starting to sound stupid. But I know your smart.
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

Alan wrote:They have made fun of you alot more. For example, when you called everyone asscasseroles. Now stop being a jerk. Your starting to sound stupid. But I know your smart.
How am I being a jerk? All of your posts outside of INFINITYS seem to be about abominating the CLIQUE, and not anything useful involving Marathon, and therefore lower your reputation even further. You seem to think your posts will change the community and stop the CLIQUE, but really, they do nothing. If you want power, earn it.
Alan
Cyborg

Shadowbreaker wrote:If you want power, earn it.
LOL You don't have power. Anyhoo back to the topic... What is with the +V carved into their bodys?
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Here I hope this answers your questions.
Last edited by Wrkncacnter on Nov 8th '08, 02:32, edited 1 time in total.
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

The CLIQUE is to the pfhorums as the League of Rule Companies is to Armored Core 4 Answer.
The League of Rule Companies live in aerial fortresses known as cradles. Flying over the destroyed and barren Earth, and oppress those below.
Where as the CLIQUE have far more advanced Pfhorum user interfaces, unknown to us of course, used to oppress Pfhorum members as they please.

"Dear Nobles, Welcome to the Earth"
is to the Companies as
"Dear Clique members, we hate you"
is to the CLIQUE.
Alan
Cyborg

MoppyPuppy wrote:The CLIQUE is to the pfhorums as the League of Rule Companies is to Armored Core 4 Answer.
The League of Rule Companies live in aerial fortresses known as cradles. Flying over the destroyed and barren Earth, and oppress those below.
Where as the CLIQUE have far more advanced Pfhorum user interfaces, unknown to us of course, used to oppress Pfhorum members as they please.

"Dear Nobles, Welcome to the Earth"
is to the Companies as
"Dear Clique members, we hate you"
is to the CLIQUE.
LOL hilarious. Anyhoo... I now know the goals but what is with this +V thing that is engraved in to the Clique people's skin? And...

How did the Clique burn Thermoplyae in the face in a chat room?
Last edited by Alan on Jul 20th '08, 02:08, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

Alan wrote:LOL You don't have power. Anyhoo back to the topic... What is with the +V carved into their bodys?
I didn't say I had any. But, I seem to be a much more respected member of the Pfhorums than you. All you do is ramble on about nothing while I work on my great scenario, and if not assist others with theirs.
$lave
Vidmaster

Awhile ago all the CLIQUE members devoiced every non-clique member in #alephone. They then proceeded to burn "+V" into their skin, as a sort of branding to signify that they belong to the CLIQUE. Soon after, they actually came to my house (how the fuck they knew where I live I wish I knew), and burned "-V" into my lawn, it was rather embarrassing, having everyone know how much the CLIQUE hates me. Then Irons/Wrk and Ryoko went out for lunch to a nearby restaurant. This was a few hours before you would have been eating dinner. This also coincides with my cousin burning his popcorn, and someone proclaiming that "If it isn't parents, it's the internet". Soon afterwards, a Doom internet forum discovered the Marathon "CLIQUE" and laughed at the stupidity, before realizing the genius of it and forming their own.

Slowly, the marathon clique became more and more real, until you could swear they were real, and some people started making netmaps. There was also an argument over whether or not shapes patches can be overused, to the point of the CLIQUE becoming almost undeniable in every sense except one. But, there was still a problem, as no one had really bothered to give a CryoS much feedback on one of his netmaps, and I had only given him much feedback over AIM. About 3/4 of a year before that, though, I entered the community.

If you still don't believe me, look at the members by total post count in descending order with 20 results per page, then after memorizing the first page take a look at the last page. You might be surprised at what you see. Ryoko likes to ban people, but I don't remember what xzbfy or whatevers name really was, or if Ryoko banned him. I think that Red Spectrum is still a good pack though, but I host Revel more often it would seem.

Does that help?
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

$lave wrote:Ryoko likes to ban people, but I don't remember what xzbfy or whatevers name really was, or if Ryoko banned him.
Ryoko is Hitler, and banned Xyfbzi because he tried to flee to Denmark, realizing that the nazis would get him for vote spamming or something.
Alan
Cyborg

Do you live near the Clique? And does Thermoplyae like near the Clique? That's kind of creepy that they would burn a -V into your lawn. I know the Clique is real now.

Did they literally burn +V on to their selfs?

If so,

That's fucked up.
$lave
Vidmaster

Alan wrote:Do you live near the Clique? And does Thermoplyae like near the Clique? That's kind of creepy that they would burn a -V into your lawn. I know the Clique is real now.
I don't live anywhere near the CLIQUE, and that make it even creepier.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Shadowbreaker wrote:I didn't say I had any. But, I seem to be a much more respected member of the Pfhorums than you. All you do is ramble on about nothing while I work on my great scenario, and if not assist others with theirs.
post of the month
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

Alan wrote:Did they literally burn +V on to their selfs?
They sure did! Just take a look at Ryoko:

[attachment=1783:hitler_fuhrer_copy.jpg]
Attachments
hitler_fuhrer_copy.jpg
hitler_fuhrer_copy.jpg (49.8 KiB) Viewed 5790 times
Mordekai
Cyborg

Don't mess with the Clique. Trust me.

P.S. Pasiphaë.
thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV

thermoplyae wrote:I've never been burnt in the face
Alan wrote:How did the Clique burn Thermoplyae in the face in a chat room?
dude, seriously. dude.
Alan
Cyborg

Shadowbreaker wrote:They sure did! Just take a look at Ryoko:

LOL!! Is that RyokoTK or Hitler? I can't tell.

And if you haven't been burned in the face Thermoplyae, why did Irons say you did?
VirtualX1
Cyborg

reading this makes me want a sandwich and bow down to the CLIQUE... and pretend i am still paying my taxes (oh wait)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV

Alan wrote:why did Irons say you did?
Irons said no such thing!
dude, seriously. dude.
Drictelt
Vidmaster

Shadowbreaker wrote:They sure did! Just take a look at Ryoko:

Awards:
Post of the year 2008
Giant Hitler award 2008