We can't let this happen

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
The One
Born on Board

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you all know that a rally will be taking place on the metaserver next week Sunday 10/12 at 6:00 PM Eastern time. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make a difference! There are a few of us that have been preparing speeches for the last couple weeks just for this event. The more people that join with us the better! We need your help to really make this happen. This includes all of you! Whether you've been active in the community for years or days, whether your in the "clique" or just someone that usually doesn't say much, you can help!

When enough of us gather on the metaserver, it will be obvious that the people will no longer tolerate this. We all need to unite together and say "No more! As long as the community has even a shred of life left, we will NOT stand for this." Please, gather as many people as you can for this event. Tell your friends, tell your family. This is not something we can afford not to do.

When you join the metaserver, set your color to yellow with team color of purple to show that you support our cause! Feel free to ask any questions about this event, and again, please spread the word. Together we can make this happen.
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

The link is broken...
The One
Born on Board

Huh, that's weird. They removed that page. Well, in any case, the message is still valid. In fact, it's more important now than ever. I hope to see you all there!
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

Errrr... I am afraid that without the link I don't know what I am rallying against.
The One
Born on Board

Oh, my bad. We are rallying to make a difference. It's about justice. It's about joining together and showing that we will not take it any longer. It's about overcoming the feeling of hopelessness. I for one believe the community can, should, and will unite so that we no longer have to put up with what has been looming over us for so long. I've felt it, I know of others who have felt it, and I know you all must feel it too. Now is the time to stand up and fight. I'm afraid there may never be another chance. Remember, 10/12/08. Mark your calendars people. Soon we will have what we seek.
Last edited by The One on Oct 5th '08, 01:22, edited 1 time in total.
epstein
Mjolnir Mark IV

The One wrote:We are rallying to make a difference. It's about justice. It's about joining together and showing that we will not take it any longer. It's about overcoming feeling of hopelessness.
You're right! I have long felt this way. In fact, for years I've been logging on to the metaserver with my color yellow and team color purple because I have always felt this so deeply. I'm glad you linked to that page, because it truly epitomizes how I feel. I know the page is broken now, but luckily with a little searching I was able to find it in the Wayback Machine.

There's no question that all of us need to support this rally.
~if I had a rocket launcher, I'd make someone~
$lave

The One wrote:Oh, my bad. We are rallying to make a difference. It's about justice. It's about joining together and showing that we will not take it any longer.
What aren't we going to take any longer?
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

This was either a bad joke or a bad idea. Sorry.
Windbreaker
Mjolnir Mark IV

$lave wrote:What aren't we going to take any longer?
The feeling of hopelessness. Don't you understand?
This was either a bad joke or a bad idea. Sorry.
Why can't you see what he's doing?
Last edited by Windbreaker on Oct 4th '08, 03:57, edited 1 time in total.
The One
Born on Board

Windbreaker gets it, but I'm worried he may not see the whole picture. Hopelessness is just a side effect of the root cause. That is what this rally is for. I'm afraid some of the problem is just human nature, but my hope is that by making enough people aware of the problem, it will fix itself. That's why it is so important we gather a large group of people. A small turnout will just diminish our chances of showing the true severity of this crisis. For people like Shadowbreaker, I'm not sure what you're confused about, but I blame myself for not being clear before. Surely you know now that this isn't something we can just ignore any longer. It must be addressed.
Last edited by The One on Oct 5th '08, 01:23, edited 1 time in total.
Windbreaker
Mjolnir Mark IV

The One wrote:Windbreaker gets it, but I'm worried he may not see the whole picture. Hopelessness is just a side effect of the root cause.
Of course. I posted only enough to let Slave understand. If he truly grasps this, pointing out the side effect should reveal all of the cause for him.
$lave

Windbreaker wrote:Of course. I posted only enough to let $lave understand. If he truly grasps this, pointing out the side effect should reveal all of the cause for him.
Yes, sorry, I was being rather foolish before.

I wholeheartedly support this cause, I'll be waiting with my purple and yellow, ready.

I've been waiting for this all my life.
Last edited by $lave on Oct 4th '08, 04:40, edited 1 time in total.
MarsMartianMan

The One wrote:Hopelessness is just a side effect of the root cause.
What's the root cause, because I seriously don't understand this.
Drictelt
Vidmaster

This topic makes me feel hopeless...
Eternal - Victory Dance IV - KTA III - Phoenix
More on Simplici7y: Xmas I-II-III - Winter I - Narcotics - Thrudnesday
The One
Born on Board

MarsMartianMan wrote:What's the root cause, because I seriously don't understand this.
It's about hope. It's about standing up and making sure everyone has a chance. It's about no longer just being a number. It's about the future. It's up to us, to grab the community by the balls and say listen, we're tired of this, and we will not let this pass. It's time to give something back.
Last edited by The One on Oct 5th '08, 01:24, edited 1 time in total.
Packard20
Mjolnir Mark IV

If I had to guess, I would say that the dead link was about the metaserver closing it's marathon section. But I doubt they would do that.
ALL HAIL PACKARD THE IDIOT
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

Packard20 wrote:If I had to guess, I would say that the dead link was about the metaserver closing it's marathon section. But I doubt they would do that.
You clearly haven't read any of the posts in this thread then.
acks45
Mjolnir Mark IV

ha hahaha, I love this, i would glasdly support the cause. For many years this has been a difficult topic for me to talk about because its something we all have to put up with on a day to day basis. I need each and everyone of you to give me your full support on this. WE NEED YOUR HELP! so please dont sit there and do nothing, this cause needs you and so do we....

comeone people, dont let this control you anylonger.

p.s. You are the one... I love this topic. remember WE have the power, and only we can stand up to this.
lets get up there and protest with a crunchy groove or two.
Last edited by acks45 on Oct 5th '08, 00:47, edited 1 time in total.
Windbreaker
Mjolnir Mark IV

ack45 wrote:ha hahaha, I love this, i would glasdly support the cause. For many years this has been a difficult topic for me to talk about because its something we all have to put up with on a day to day basis. I need each and everyone of you to give me your full support on this. WE NEED YOUR HELP! so please dont sit there and do nothing, this cause needs you and so do we....

comeone people, dont let this control you anylonger.
p.s. You are the one... I love this topic. remember WE have the power, and only we can stand up to this.
lets get up there and protest with a crunchy groove or two.
With someone like ack45 supporting this cause, who would oppose it?
MarsMartianMan

Sorry, but thoughts such as these I'd rather keep to myself. Thanks anyway?
acks45
Mjolnir Mark IV

MarsMartianMan wrote:Sorry, but thoughts such as these I'd rather keep to myself. Thanks anyway?
How can you just stand by when such injustice is occuring? how can you sleep at night knowing that justice isnt being served? listen people, we need to stand up. we need to say " I will NOT take this any longer!" so lets get up there and let people know that they dont have to take! We must rally the people and inspire them to protest this injustice, to get together and challenge society to evolve into something better! Cause without us, there will be no justice, there will be no equality, no hope, no future. We will have to put up with these problems everyday for the rest of our lives. So PLEASE, Take a stand. Don't do it for me. Do it for yourselves.
Last edited by acks45 on Oct 5th '08, 02:37, edited 1 time in total.
MarsMartianMan

ack45 wrote:How can you just stand by when such injustice is occuring? how can you sleep at night knowing that justice isnt being served?
Because I just flat out don't give a damn.
ack45 wrote:Cause without us, there will be no justice, there will be no equality, no hope, no future.
Right.
ack45 wrote:We will have to put up with these problems everyday for the rest of our lives.
Not if you actually do something about it rather than just "taking a stand", or protesting.
acks45
Mjolnir Mark IV

MarsMartianMan wrote:Not if you actually do something about it rather than just "taking a stand", or protesting.
Thats why we are having a rally! A rally we simply cannot afford to miss, please people remember to be there on 10/12/08, wearing yellow and purple. you CAN make a difference, you have to say " I will not be a number"! you cannot let them continue with this. some people don't realize its happenning but it is,everyday! you need to be aware of it and now we need to rally against it, to start a revolution! If nobody showed up to this rally there would be mass outbreaks and we would never be able to recover our hope, our dignity. don't be a victim anylonger. 10/12/2008.
MarsMartianMan

Who's "them" and what's "it", just what the hell are you protesting against?