Current favorite song

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

Rock 'n' Roll Mcdonalds by Wesley Willis
irons
Vidmaster

underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
TBCR
Mjolnir Mark IV

Birdhouse in Your Soul- They Might Be Giants

What? My Favorite Current Song Cant BE A Classic

(The Albumn Flood Turns 20 This Year)
Marathon Speedrun Times: Discord
M1A1 - 26:44 - PB
M2 - 33:52 - PB
M2 - XBLA - 33:00 - WR
M2 - Coop with ApertureGrillz - 27:17 IGT/29:09 RTA - WR
MInf - 13:22 - PB
Minf all main levels - 27:49 - PB
Dis
Mjolnir Mark IV

Alcest - Écailles De Lune
How can you say no to French melodic metal?
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x.style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x.innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
Dugit
Vidmaster

She Changes Like the Weather
-Nic Armstrong and the Thieves
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
ellio7t
Cyborg

Ares Ex Machina wrote:Summer in the City
by The Lovin' Spoonful
nice
words
envy
Mjolnir Mark IV

New favorites include Here Come the Warm Jets, and Before and After Science, both are Brain Eno albums.
Edit: Just realized exactly how big my new signature is.
QuadraEdit: fixed that signature.
Last edited by envy on Sep 14th '10, 04:18, edited 1 time in total.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.
$lave
Vidmaster

Envy wrote:New favorites include Here Come the Warm Jets, and Before and After Science, both are Brain Eno albums.
Edit: Just realized exactly how big my new signature is.
QuadraEdit: fixed that signature.
I love Here Come the Warm Jets, Before and After Science not so much. I tend to prefer Brian Eno's ambient work (especially Ambient 4: On Land), but Taking Tiger Mountain (By Strategy) and Another Green World are also great. I'm not sure if you're aware, but Brian Eno is releasing a new album on Warp, and if you want you can Pre-Order the box set for $450.

I've been listening to Helicopter, a new song by Deerhunter.
Last edited by $lave on Sep 14th '10, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
envy
Mjolnir Mark IV

His Apollo Ambiences are probably my favorite.
As for the box set, if I had enough money off hand to buy that, I would because I still have a record player.

Helicopter, while it has tons of meaning shoved in there, and some nice melody, feels somewhat shallower than other songs. Maybe thats intentional, maybe its minimalism. I don't know their process, but something just isn't happening with that song.
Last edited by envy on Sep 14th '10, 23:09, edited 1 time in total.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

$lave wrote:Brian Eno is releasing a new album on Warp, and if you want you can Pre-Order the box set for $450.
This year has been huge for Warp. Two records from Autechre, a record from flying lotus, and about 4 new big signups (Hudson Mohawke, Rustie, Gonjasufi). Supposedly there is also going to be a Boards of Canada album soon, as well as an Aphex Twin album, a new album will be out soon for Brian Eno and another Flying Lotus album is coming out in a few days.
$lave
Vidmaster

gmanyo wrote:This year has been huge for Warp. Two records from Autechre, a record from flying lotus, and about 4 new big signups (Hudson Mohawke, Rustie, Gonjasufi). Supposedly there is also going to be a Boards of Canada album soon, as well as an Aphex Twin album, a new album will be out soon for Brian Eno and another Flying Lotus album is coming out in a few days.
Plus a new album from Squarepusher coming out. A new Boards of Canada album would be great, especially after almost a 6 year break since their last full album. I heard that there was supposed to be an Aphex Twin album sometime this year, but I'm guessing that isn't going to happen, hopefully in 2011? Given what Brian Eno has released recently I'm not sure I'd want to invest that much in his new album, but I'm curious to see what comes from him with Warp.
Envy wrote:As for the box set, if I had enough money off hand to buy that, I would because I still have a record player.
I don't mind buying vinyl from Bleep as long as it's priced reasonably, especially since you get a digital copy of the album with any physical purchase, but even $99 is way more than I'm willing to pay for an album when the CD is $15.
Envy wrote:Helicopter, while it has tons of meaning shoved in there, and some nice melody, feels somewhat shallower than other songs. Maybe thats intentional, maybe its minimalism. I don't know their process, but something just isn't happening with that song.
I was sort of hoping that their new album would sound more like Microcastle initially, but Helicopter and Revival have grown on me a lot.
raithe
Cyborg

"The Cage" by Sonata Arctica and "The Last Frontier" by Keldian
Until next time...
RAITHE [Pfhor Military Base AI Ver. 4.2]
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

"Perfect Lover," "The Wall," and "Song for America" all by Kansas.
D?rovací tvá?í.
Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
Dis
Mjolnir Mark IV

More Lazers by ediT
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x.style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x.innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

Speaking of cool new electronica, VHS Head is pretty great, one of the newest artists from Skam. He just released his first full length album, "Trademark Ribbons of Gold". My favorite song from it is probably this. This one is probably my current favorite of the album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6t-8yCKvZM...feature=related

*EDIT*

I was thinking about fixing the redundancy here, but it sounds like Wesley Willis, so I'm keeping it there.
Last edited by gmanyo on Sep 16th '10, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.
$lave
Vidmaster

gmanyo wrote:Speaking of cool new electronica, VHS Head is pretty great, one of the newest artists from Skam.
I've never actually really checked out any skam artists (aside from Boards of Canada), but I'm really enjoying this. Also, since you mentioned Rustie earlier, I couldn't stop listening to this last night. I can't wait for Rustie's EP on Warp.
Last edited by $lave on Sep 16th '10, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

$lave wrote:I've never actually really checked out any skam artists (aside from Boards of Canada), but I'm really enjoying this. Also, since you mentioned Rustie earlier, I couldn't stop listening to this last night. I can't wait for Rustie's EP on Warp.
Actually, alot of Skam artists aren't very good (I think that with a few years of practice even I could strike a deal with them, and I plan on trying). VHS Head is pretty great, though. Rustie and Hudson Mohawke seem kind of alike, but Rustie seems a bit more promising ("Butter" wasn't that great).

By the way, did you ever start to like Cosmogramma, or did it not really hit it for you?
Last edited by gmanyo on Sep 16th '10, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.
$lave
Vidmaster

gmanyo wrote:By the way, did you ever start to like Cosmogramma, or did it not really hit it for you?
I listened to it a few more times and it still didn't really impress me, so I just listen to Los Angeles instead. I'm not sure if there's something others see in the album that I'm missing, but there are only a couple tracks on the album that I like much.
brilliant
Mjolnir Mark IV

irons wrote:Underworld (the music group) were originally a new wave/synthpop group and their 80s period music is mostly laughable. I don't really thank my lucky stars when I hear it, even though there theoretically would be no present-day Underworld without the cheese of the past.
I really like Underworld! I am happy to know about them. I learned about them from you, thank you. It wasn't until after I heard some of their songs that I realized some of your maps are named after them, which is cool. Have you heard one of their new songs, Scribble?
"My advise: V" - g pack
Dugit
Vidmaster

Save Me-
OMD
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications