What games are you currently playing?

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
Idkbutlike2
Cyborg

Playing some Cave Story right now. Awesome freeware game, for those who are interested.
The cake was a lie, until I ate it...
Just cause I like Windows and Microsoft doesn't make me any less of a Marathon fan!
megabyte
Vidmaster

Envy wrote:Myst Online
The word blasphemy comes to mind when i think of this game. But the first 3 Myst games were great. I wasn't too big a fan of the fourth and fifth though.
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]
The Thug
Vidmaster

I was playing some marathon earlier. Ok game I guess...
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.
envy
Mjolnir Mark IV

Mega, you have no clue. The sheer graphic realism was unparalleled. Did you actually play it?
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.
NXF
Cyborg

Battlefield 2142, man - that's what I'm playing. Oh, and Full Spectrum Warrior, the C&C 4 Beta, and Marathon 2.
The Thug
Vidmaster

Envy wrote:you know there was a Myst Online? THAT was the best game.
I played the first five Myst games then Uru, but I never got around to playing Uru Live. I was about to check it out when the server was taken down. There's a new server apparently.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.
Zott
Vidmaster

Battlefield 2142
I should add you to my friendslist. I think my name is "Zott" or Zott820. Add both, why not.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee
megabyte
Vidmaster

Envy wrote:Mega, you have no clue. The sheer graphic realism was unparalleled. Did you actually play it?
I didn't like where it took the story and I consider that to be incredibly important in the adventure genre. I didn't play Uru for the same reason.
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
[viral]
CryoS
Vidmaster

Uru was soo filled with bugs. i couldn't continue since i constantly fell through the walkway to my death.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
Vladtepes
Cyborg

For new games I've just finished Stalker: Call of Pripyat yesterday... amazing game. I am also trying to finish Dragon Age Origins.

For older games, I play Jagged Alliance 2 v1.13 on a regular basis, too bad it does not work on with my Seven installation.

Actually, I have a lot of games I want to play but does not have enough time :(
irons wrote:QUOTE(irons @ Dec 18 2009, 12:47 AM) LEAVE ME ALONE STOP HURTING MY FEELINGS
Caleb
Born on Board

I'm playing all of the marathon games, Rock Band 2 for the wii, SSBB, and Kingdom hearts 358/2 days.
"Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one."
Formerly Felldoh93
My Deviantart
Dis
Mjolnir Mark IV

Bioshock 2 (it has the perfect balance of Ayn Rand and bashing people in the face with a f*cking drill) and Brutal Legend.
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x.style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x.innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
irons
Vidmaster

Dis wrote:(it has the perfect balance of Ayn Rand and bashing people in the face with a f*cking drill).
Some would argue that reading Ayn Rand and being bashed in the face with a f*ing drill are roughly the same.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
NXF
Cyborg

Zott wrote:I should add you to my friendslist. I think my name is "Zott" or Zott820. Add both, why not.
My BF2142 username, however wierd/stupid it looks (and sounds), is sevenaPeX7.
Idkbutlike2
Cyborg

Playing some Final Fantasy VI, the best RPG ever made by Squaresoft. [MUp]
The cake was a lie, until I ate it...
Just cause I like Windows and Microsoft doesn't make me any less of a Marathon fan!
envy
Mjolnir Mark IV

Swe Mussolini wrote:Uru was soo filled with bugs. i couldn't continue since i constantly fell through the walkway to my death.
If i remember correctly, there were just a few boards out of that bridge you had to jump over.
Dis
Mjolnir Mark IV

irons wrote:Some would argue that reading Ayn Rand and being bashed in the face with a f*ing drill are roughly the same.
And what better way to make it tolerable then adding genetic superpowers?
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x.style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x.innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

treellama
Vidmaster

I also just finished playing N.O.V.A. on the iPhone. It's a blatant Halo clone, with decent gameplay but awful writing. It was amusing enough, but the controls on the iPhone are just terrible for shooters.
irons
Vidmaster

Dis wrote:And what better way to make it tolerable then adding genetic superpowers?
I thought that was the plot of Atlas Shrugged.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
envy
Mjolnir Mark IV

Nova sucked. It was way too easy, even on the hardest level, one shotgun blast, rocket, or sniper shot killed everything exept for that last... thing.
VikingBoyBilly
Mjolnir Mark IV

interion
Cyborg

Finally finished the first dungeon in Guadia Quest. I had been stuck in that maze for about a year. Now I've unlocked the final game, Haggleman 3, with two challenges to go until I've completed the game. Just in time for Ace Attorney Investigations which comes out on Tuesday.

Oh, and I'm working my way through this, which feels kind of short.

megabyte
Vidmaster

I love Loom and all other Lucas Arts Adventure games. Full Throttle is the greatest though.
Favorite quote
[viral]
Dis
Mjolnir Mark IV

irons wrote:I thought that was the plot of Atlas Shrugged.
I'll have to finish the god awful book and get back to you.

riserobotrise
Cyborg

I'm considering doom3, it looks like a fun game. I'm very surprised its heavily story driven, with puzzles to0 solve, and objectives to clear (sounds like an older FPS game that came in 10 year before?)

Reading about the game, and watching a few lets plays, it looks like the perfect candidate for a rendition of pathways into darkness. It seems to carry much of the same features that the PiD game carried.