Don't regard this as an Insult! Just a piss-poor test of my mapping skills!

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
Miak
Cyborg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dMa7rUuFxE

Yeah, I made this map a awhile back and I figured I'd show it to you guys, and considering it's my first completed one, I'M PRETTY DARN HAPPY!
(and as the topic name says, don't consider it an insult, I just haven't found a suitable level editor for Marathon :3)

Oh yeah, and in other related news, It was my birthday on the 8th, now I'm 14!
CryoS
Vidmaster

try weland

EDIT: btw nice map bro.
Last edited by CryoS on Feb 24th '10, 07:09, edited 1 time in total.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
Miak
Cyborg

CryoS wrote:try weland
I have but apparently the only way I can texture surfaces is through Visual lua, which I have absolutely no idea how to use properly, unless you guys mind helping me out.
CryoS
Vidmaster

Miak wrote:I have but apparently the only way I can texture surfaces is through Visual lua, which I have absolutely no idea how to use properly, unless you guys mind helping me out.
IIRC there should be a manual somewhere, not sure though, if either irons or treellama feels like posting a link to one/tell that there isnt its up to them.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
goran
Vidmaster

What is it you need to know to be able to use visualmode properly?
effigy
Mjolnir Mark IV

Here are some good links for you:

The VISUAL MODE thread on this forum.

An old comparasin between VISUAL MODE.lua and Forge's Visual Mode (currently you can apply transparent textures as well as switches, pattern buffers, terminals, and rechargers).

An older video tutorial.
Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.
treellama
Vidmaster

How to use Visual Mode.lua:
Select Visual Mode.lua as the solo script in Preferences->EnvironmentStart the level you want to textureFollow the on screen menus. Hold down the mic key, or go into overhead map (or both) for more optionsBring up the console (backslash) and type .save level MyTexturedLevel.sceA
Vladtepes
Cyborg

effigy wrote:An older video tutorial.
Some of the infos in this tutorial are pretty outdated (transfer mode setting is now made in overhead map when in texture mode...) but I think it does give a good general idea on how to use the script.

QUOTE(irons)So? once again, it's the end of VisualMode.lua. Hum? ? ? Yeah, that's it![/quote]
irons wrote:QUOTE(irons @ Dec 18 2009, 12:47 AM) LEAVE ME ALONE STOP HURTING MY FEELINGS
Dugit
Vidmaster

All I needed to know was in the readme.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
irons
Vidmaster

Miak wrote:and as the topic name says, don't consider it an insult
We're not that crazy, man. This makes me miss DOOM.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
effigy
Mjolnir Mark IV

VladTepes wrote:Some of the infos in this tutorial are pretty outdated (transfer mode setting is now made in overhead map when in texture mode...) but I think it does give a good general idea on how to use the script.
Oh? Perhaps I should have rewatched it before posting about it :)

This video was a great aide to me when I got going with VML.
Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.
irons
Vidmaster

The specifics in the video are definitely outdated, but the video does reveal the general principle behind controlling VML. I WOULD KNOW SINCE I DESIGNED THE CONTROLS AND MADE THE VIDEO
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
Miak
Cyborg

While I wasn't planning on this topic becoming a help channel, thanks.

EDIT:
irons wrote:The specifics in the video are definitely outdated, but the video does reveal the general principle behind controlling VML. I WOULD KNOW SINCE I DESIGNED THE CONTROLS AND MADE THE VIDEO
I concur, All I did was watch the video tutorial and already figured out how to navigate the interface and select textures and stuff.
Last edited by Miak on Feb 26th '10, 05:48, edited 1 time in total.