Kill all spammers

Pfhorums news can be found here. Have a question or suggestion for the Pfhorums? Ask it here.
ukimalefu
Mjolnir Mark IV

No, seriously, KILL THEM. As in murder them. Slay them.

Happy happy carnage carnage.

And if you don't like iTunes, buy music from amazon, or an actual CD from an actual store.

Oh, and a happy new year.
Dugit
Vidmaster

I've had six iTunes messages. I just don't bother reading them anymore.

Is it possible to make the account deleted if it doesn't post before one hour after creation?
Or make it impossible to make it impossible to PM if you haven't posted yet?

Edit: Oh, and a happy new year also. And a happy new decade. I wonder if Marathon will still be around by 2020?
Last edited by Dugit on Jan 1st '10, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
Dugit
Vidmaster

This is getting really irritating. I've had 2 in the past hour. Aaarrggghh!!! [MAngry]
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.

Truper
Born on Board

I've gotten these messages too. I try to ignore them. Happy new year everyone, I hope this community stays active.
The Over-Evaluator
Dugit
Vidmaster

Yet two more.

I'm not even excited anymore when My Assistant pops up with a new PM. Sigh.

tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

block the user, move on.
D?rovací tvá?í.
Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
$lave

The only thing I could do is to prevent PM spam is re-enable e-mail registration. This would be great if e-mail wasn't broken, since enabling it now would stop any new members from joining, unless I manually look through a long list of users to allow non-spambots to validate. I still might do that, though.
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

you could always try sending the emails yourself, but that could be pretty difficult. Like, "reply with the following pfhrase and you are accepted" or something like that.
D?rovací tvá?í.
Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
$lave

WastdJamacan wrote:you could always try sending the emails yourself, but that could be pretty difficult. Like, "reply with the following pfhrase and you are accepted" or something like that.
With e-mail registration enabled, users are in the 'validating' member group until they are approved. The easiest way for them to verify their account is to follow a link which should be sent to them automatically in an e-mail. Since that e-mail isn't being sent, it means that I'd have to change their member group manually, I wouldn't have to send them an e-mail.