shongshongs art dept.

Show off all of your Marathon-related art and music here.
shongshong
Vidmaster

so, on the count of the new art catagory up and running, I feel like I need to throw pictures in also... I rekn'

The first image I will post is that of a concept/visualization sketch of one of the earlier levels in Marathon Squadron when you have to infiltrate a plateau carved out by enemy forces for artilery positions. (no, team work wont be that coordinated in game play)

My second image is that of the new Mjolnir V design in Marathon Squadron. No, ironicaly, you wont be playing as this new biomechanical breed. You will be eventualy battling next to them hulkymen. (you play as a standard platoon sargent in a ranger division)
shongshong.vze.com (main site)
[Flickr page] (subdivision of renderings)
Marathon Squadron
Bobwithkeycard
Mjolnir Mark IV

teh shongshong rulers! [MLaugh]

hey, got any new ingame screens up your sleeve, by the way?
Last edited by Bobwithkeycard on Nov 8th '06, 20:12, edited 1 time in total.
I bring my own plasma rifle to the house of pain
Tybo
Cyborg

awesome! did you go to art school, or art classes? how old are you? very nice!

EDIT: ooo I see now, you're exactly 6 days older than me! [MGrin] damn, you should have been 7 days older :(
Last edited by Tybo on Nov 8th '06, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
shongshong
Vidmaster

[MLaugh] thanks!
as for screenshots, I havent made any recently. But for right now, I can say that I am using HD background maps and HD liquid textures... (only development on the Pfhor prime textures aspect). Ill post some new images later,

as for the closest thing to a screenshot (character made like... 2 months ago), here is a new freindly!

its a slave from the mines of rubicon... to fight for JUSTICE!
Marathon Squadron
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

That Rubicon monster... I hope thats not the final version, if it is the final version, I wont hold back, that sucks.

Drawings up top are good though.
shongshong
Vidmaster

to tell you the truth, I havent even factored these guys into the plot quite yet. And if they are gona be part of the game, they aint gona be playing a major roll... (like in rubicon)

my origional intentions were to make the slaves do some seriouse uprising etc against someone... but as my game plot goes, IFC doesnt reaaallyy push around the Pfhor much, or at all...
so I can just say for shure right now, that these guys aint gona be a major roll

btw... what makes you feel bad about them? You just said it sucked... [MGross]
Marathon Squadron
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

cool stuff man
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

btw... what makes you feel bad about them? You just said it sucked... 9.png
It's MoppyPuppy. You can't hope to outdo his amazing artistic talent. *rolls eyes*
Samus

Their faces look like an end of a cucumber, they are cool as! You should make A phsyco version of one that looks freindly then draws 2 swords and kills every phfor in the room in one hit, that would be awsome! (you would looks through a window into a blood filled room, you have no contact with him otherwise he would slice you too)
Last edited by Samus on Nov 9th '06, 06:47, edited 1 time in total.
shongshong
Vidmaster

lol... no

but like i said, I havent even decided how I will factor these guys into the plot... The Marathon Squadron game is comprised mostly of a human vs. human conflict... Ontop of the Pfhor Prime
Marathon Squadron
shongshong
Vidmaster

Im gona post some screenshots! finaly!
On these screenshots you can see the new HD sewage look to the Pfhor enviorment.

This level im showing displays the first time you have an epic battle (1940 and 2880 style!) scene with a crazy ass amount of bullets flying around out at all times... pluss new sewage!
sory about the antistropic issues, I was screenshoting with my old G4, that cant handle frame rates too well
Marathon Squadron
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Looks great! One thing, though: Rubicon already uses the MA-75C, so you might want to choose a different designation. Pretty cool, though. Also, I dunno how far you're going to go with that, but please refrain from using lots of brown hallways like you have in the 4th pic.
shongshong
Vidmaster

The weapon names are still being hammered out. (as in I havent even toutched that regeion of weapons development yet... lol) For instance, if you look at the tittle names on the left (in the weapons display regeion) the names dont even match that of the rifle on the right,

The Brown interiors are due to the bunker architecture and material choice of the IFC on the Pfhor prime.
Im trying to keep the color schemes similar to avoid rainbowy styles, and to aim for a more realism/ photographical apearence. (with grunge)
Marathon Squadron
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

That's all fine and dandy, but what I'm trying to say is that it tends to... suck. Color schemes are fine, but variation in architecture is really appreciated. The first couple pictures are great, for example, but they're mostly brown.
Homocidal Ham
Cyborg

Not to be an ass or anything, but why does marathon: squadron seem to have army rangers fighting nazis in the 1940's? The army dosn't use the same outfits it used to...
Last edited by Homocidal Ham on Nov 9th '06, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
"I often think about poor old bill, and how hard he was to saw."
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

RyokoTK wrote: It's MoppyPuppy. You can't hope to outdo his amazing artistic talent. *rolls eyes*
Hey, just because I cant do better doesn't make the nasty 3-D thing suck!!!!
And I dont care what anyone says, that gun is too square. Make a new one.
shongshong
Vidmaster

I dont know if I said this a while ago, but the uniforms are gonna to be influenced of that in 1940's.

The UESC here are wearing color scheems and packs that have the apearence of US forces in 1940 due to the Batalion type you are fighting in (the 15th UESC Ranger Batalion) on the Pfhor Prime. So the UESC uniforms are gona be that dusty color... The normal uniforms I had planed out for the UESC were going to be grey and not tights, and more space like, but for ground combat, I went with this uniform style.

as for the IFC/ (nazis) they just wear black like that. Cant go wrong with that look!(they are mercinaries!).
Marathon Squadron
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

that is amazing, *wishes he could make cool 3d guns*
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

Dont you think everything is influenced by the 1940's in those pictures?

Except the guns... nothing wrong with that of course.
I like the fact that your making friends a key part of this game. No more lone rangering...

Good work!

Now that I've made this post look all positive, now for my constructive criticism...

That rectangular gun... make it non rectangular... give it more shape.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

I'm going to wager that the WW2 look is intentional, but yeah, those soldiers don't look futuristic at all. It didn't really bother me, though, because I picked up on the WW2 vibes right away, and decided to go with it, rather than cast it aside.

And while rectangular guns may seem bad, it's actually not that unrealistic.
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

rectangular guns are pretty cool
theres one that a favorite of mine made by Heckler & Koch called the G-11
it uses caseless ammo which increases the ammount it can carry and reduces weight of the clips

some pics:

ammo specs:

what app do u use for ur 3d stuff?
Last edited by Dieselfame3 on Nov 10th '06, 02:02, edited 1 time in total.
shongshong
Vidmaster

I used blender (v2.42) to do all my modeling and texturing. With the use of Photoshop to do some grunging texturing.

as for the square assault rifle, its a new UESC trend, angular preformance! (pluss they stack well in storage) Expect the same from the UESC standard pistol, similar trends in design...

IFC weapons might have similar human angularity looks, but have more defined shapes built into them... for instance, the IFC light machinegun is built with a different design and metal mold than previouse clading design

(most recent in weapon development)
Marathon Squadron
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

Jesus christ that's a nice weapon...
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

...there it is...
Switch
Vidmaster

OMFG Shong