KILL ME EP

Show off all of your Marathon-related art and music here.
irons
Vidmaster

Hey doodz and dudettez,

The time is near. On behalf of my close associate, SYRINGE GUY, I'm advertising the single for his upcoming EP. Do you like noize? Do you like muzak? Do you like noizy muzak? THEN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING! Take a look at the arts works:

Front cover:

Back cover:

So this single has FIVE SONGS, three of which are b-sides. The duration of all the songs combined is just under ten minutes. If you don't like it, you must be retarded. I know you want to know where to get it. Guess what? Get it here!!!

We hope it enlightens while it entertains. I'll post here when the EP is finished.

P.S.: It's in Ogg Vorbis format because I said so. No time to argue about why I didn't put it into MP3. Just deal with it and download something like VLC if you have to.
Last edited by irons on May 22nd '07, 05:24, edited 1 time in total.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
screamingfool
Mjolnir Mark IV

what can i say?

look out he's nuts!
irons
Vidmaster

screamingfool wrote:what can i say?

look out he's nuts!
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
herecomethej2000
Mjolnir Mark IV

Do I want too? Do I REALLY want to? Oh boy... *clicks to dl*

You know how it's possible to get epilepsy from flashing lights and colors. I wonder If it's possible to do that with sound... [MWuh]
Never the less your a Musackal Genius irons! [MUp]
Last edited by herecomethej2000 on May 22nd '07, 15:28, edited 1 time in total.
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

OMGWTF?
...Hahahahahaha!!!
This stuff made me laugh when I first played it.
Great stuff irons!
Gotta love the beat of "Run from Barney".

I've always wondered, what does EP and OP stand for?
Last edited by LegacyTyphoon on May 22nd '07, 15:28, edited 1 time in total.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
irons
Vidmaster

I'm pretty sure that EP stands for "Extended Play." Let's see if I'm right... Oh yeah. I've never heard of an "OP." Maybe you mean "LP?" Which probably stands for Long Play?
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

Ah, so that's what EP stands for. I'd heard the term OP and EP relating to anime. OP being the music they play during the opening and EP relating to the music during the credits.
*shrugs*
OP - Opening Play?
*goes and looks*

EDIT: My bad, they call it OP and ED...but still, didn't know what EP meant. [MTongue] Which is still entirely off the subject of the original thread, but thanks for answering.
Last edited by LegacyTyphoon on May 22nd '07, 15:37, edited 1 time in total.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
herecomethej2000
Mjolnir Mark IV

I know you could create a music video of a net game using your "carnage soccer" Lua script and this as background. The JUICE WILL FLOW!!!!!!!

Perhapse that would be too much JUICE.
Last edited by herecomethej2000 on May 22nd '07, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
irons
Vidmaster

herecomethej20000 wrote:Perhapse that would be too much JUICE.
You should know by now that there is never too much JUICE.

Speaking of which, the "JUICEMAN" song is perfect for listening to when you're playing on JUICEMAN's map, Jump Outta the JUICE. You can thank me later.
Last edited by irons on May 22nd '07, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.
epstein
Mjolnir Mark IV

Ok, so every time I see the title, I think "KILL ME EP" is actually "Kill Me, Ep," which, given the fact that your brilliant "THAT SONG" is in here, is a very (perhaps more?) appropriate title. For those two or three of you failing to make the connection, listen to THAT SONG while playing THAT MAP, and you'll understand.

By the way, Irons, way to get me to register. I've been lurking for years now. And I usually never register the forums where I lurk.

I'm still laughing.
~if I had a rocket launcher, I'd make someone~
irons
Vidmaster

Hey, Epstein! I'm glad you enjoyed my tribute to THAT MAP! :D
irons
Vidmaster

By the way, Epstein, where can noobs get THAT MAP? (I also need to get it ;)
epstein
Mjolnir Mark IV

irons wrote:By the way, Epstein, where can noobs get THAT MAP? (I also need to get it ;)
You know, I'm not sure that it's currently available. I will have to remedy that soon. I've got a pack with hugely mediocre maps (well, and a couple that are worse than mediocre) that has THAT MAP in it. I could throw it up as a solo, though I've been planning (insert laugh here) on putting together a small release of decent maps for some time now... when I get back home I'll take a look and see whether I've got enough maps to put together something that is worth downloading. If not, I'll just put it somewhere as a solo, so everyone can "enjoy" it.

Now that you mention it, I bet the only people who have it right now are Treellama, Carnage Asada, and me...
irons
Vidmaster

OK! I remember that you once had a site with all those maps, and I wasn't sure if it was still around. Or was it on treellama.org? Anyway, I look forward to a release/re-release.

EDIT: Found it on TLO :D

"There's no screenshot, because you have to play it to believe it."
Last edited by irons on May 22nd '07, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Man, I remember That Map. The song is so perfect.

*invincibility boof* *boof* *boof* *boof* *boof* *boof* AUUUUUHHHHHH!!
epstein
Mjolnir Mark IV

irons wrote:EDIT: Found it on TLO :D
Oh, I guess it *is* still there. Hmm... I guess I should update that page sometime. I am impressed by your resourcefulness!

There's only about four maps on there worth playing. Good luck figuring out which four.

What you should do, and I highly endorse this idea, is to release the CD, or perhaps a longer one inspired by more maps, with the companion map collection. I think people would be tickled pink to have a soundtrack to their Marathoning. I know I would, and I'd be more than happy to let you include THAT MAP.
JUICEMAN
Born on Board

JUICE started pouring out of my speakers when I listened to these songs. I always knew there was something missing from Jump Outta the JUICE, and you're exactly right; the JUICEMAN song completes the map. BTW, thanks for naming a song after me! Now I have to continue listening to this music, because I need to refill the JUICE.
- JUICE is the only way.
[8FTB]
taps you the eight-foot-tall Burton
Bourne
Cyborg

Dude, THAT MAP is so friggin awesome!
irons
Vidmaster

OK GUYS. The KILL ME EP is now available. It's got a few more songs, and is a little over 18 minutes, all told. The download has the oggs and the cover art. Thanks to everyone who made this possible:

Me (?)
Wrk (scripts and subwoofer on track 7 [omg 7!])
SolraBizna (original lua + muzak maker)
Ryoko (commentary, CARNAGE VILA! 46)
Wolfy (")
Epstein (THAT MAP/SONG)
JUICEMAN (giving me the JUICE to go on, when I had almost no hope)
KT (spiritual guidance)
SF (also guidance)
Bungie (a complete set of sounds effects for everything)
MOD format

Here's the download link.
Last edited by irons on May 25th '07, 05:48, edited 1 time in total.
irons
Vidmaster

Who remembers the KILL ME EP? I DO!! I still think it has a lot of JUICE, and even when I had no intention of returning to this community, I preserved the EP. Well, now that I'm back, I might as well remind you that it's still around. If you follow the below link, you'll notice that there is now an "Extended Version." You'll learn the whole story behind this if you take a look at the included Readme; to be brief, there are three extra tracks that I made after completing the EP. Not a single one is related to Marathon, but the JUICE gave me a helping hand as I made them; the first two of the three bonus tracks were actually made seriously, and I think they are fairly enjoyable as a result. The last one was a joke made for my fellow camp counselors this summer.

Anyway, visit the KILL ME EP page to get it. If you still have the original release and just want to get the new tracks, there is a link to a zip file containing only those (plus the new Readme). loch

P.S--Speaking of audio, is there anyone interested in getting the one and only JUICEcast? (Edit: for those of you who weren't around in May, we have this thread.)
Last edited by irons on Oct 19th '07, 18:03, edited 1 time in total.
thomaslivingston
Vidmaster

Is there going to be another Juicecast?
irons
Vidmaster

I have no microphone right now. I wouldn't care if someone else tried to do one (although hopefully sans the "JUICEcast" brand), but unless that happens, it'll be at least a month before anything comes out.