Aleph One Soundtrack

Show off all of your Marathon-related art and music here.
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

Along side my two current projects I am creating a soundtrack for Aleph One. A slew of tunes that you can play in the backround while you frag others in A1 [spnkr] . I am making some new tunes as well as remixing some of the music from other Marathon games. The types of music will range from spooky space music [MOh] , to sweet techno [MSmile] , to radical rock jams [MLaugh] . It'll be free to download [MUp] , you will be able to download seperate tracks or the whole sha-bang. The soundtrack will also feature some tunes that will be in SM, and DFTC. It should be completely done sometime in August. I'll post up updates as they come.

Admin edit: don't post in blue on a blue forum please.
Last edited by Dieselfame3 on Oct 27th '06, 03:06, edited 1 time in total.
irons

You might also check kahvi.org for some free music. I'm not sure if you're allowed to include it in stuff, so check the site.
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

Sounds kool. As a matter of fact, I was thinking of something like that.

We could shuffle em up in itunes and play while we fight! [MUp]
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

This sounds cool Diesel...I'll add it to my collection of other Marathon music I've downloaded. [MUp]
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

So far I got about 6 tracks done in my spare time, Im working on the main Intro song, some one suggested to name a track "Rise To Fight Again", i think this will work for the title. On the Side from making the 49+ tracks for SM and the Intro for DFTC, I am making some songs for yall to jam with when your fraggin' out people online w/ A1. There for I am making these songs for you all, tell me what kind of stuff to put in, theres gona be techno, and rock, mostly no lyrics cept the occasional word or scream from a Vac Bob or Pfhor. I need some suggestions, If you want me to remix the old marathon tracks or make some epic jams for the new marathon genaration, so be it.
SirBlastalot
Vidmaster

I would reccomend listening to the orignal marathon tracks alot, especially the ones for marathon 1. Pay attention to the style, and try to mimic/build upon it.
The only choice you have is the one I've already made for myself. Disappear into the darkness. Then make them fear the shadows.

"Real life, getting in the way of nerds since 1983"
-DcBob
Switch
Vidmaster

I listen to the marathon tracks on a regular basis... Is that sad?
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

Yes, it is. But most of us listen to Marathon music on a regular basis. So, its all good. [MUp]
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
SirBlastalot
Vidmaster

Yay! We're all pathetic geeks! Yay! w00t!
The only choice you have is the one I've already made for myself. Disappear into the darkness. Then make them fear the shadows.

-DcBob
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

Im going to need someone to review some of the songs im putting out so that I know what i neeed to fix if somethings wrong. If YOU want to review some songs your going to need to do a couple things first.

1: Email me at [email protected] with the subject: A1 Music Tester
2: In the Email include you Pfhorums name (ex. mine is Dieselfame3) and also include you AIM/.mac
screen name (this is how I will send you the music, the songs are usually too big for my Email to handle)
3: Be online so I can send you the song.
4: Post your coments/questions here in this topic.

a little bonus: if you test out music for SM, I will put your Pfhorums name in the Credits of SM as a music tester
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

appleswitch wrote: I listen to the marathon tracks on a regular basis... Is that sad?
It depends what you mean, the title music for m2 and minfinity I've got, and so flowers in heaven. The rest are too... 80's. Im not sure why Jason Jones had to include the music he liked. Or why there were so little instrumtents back then.
SirBlastalot
Vidmaster

It was created electronically. I'd imagine not too many digital instruments sounded good back then.

-DcBob
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

do you all want songs that are more along the lines of rock or techno?
SirBlastalot
Vidmaster

Stick to the orignals: kinda eirry techno, that works as background music. No one will complain if you mix it up a bit though.

-DcBob
visciom
Cyborg

I agree with SirBlastalot, the soundtrack should have some resemblence of the original Marathon 1 themes. I wouldn't mind if there was also some rock elements in some of the tracks as well.
xyfbzi
Vidmaster

have you ever heard the song "M1A1" by the gorillaz? interesting title, but i think its pretty close to what i'd want: eerie techno, but with some cool rock.

Billy was a chemist's son.
But Billy is no more.
What Billy thought was H20,
Was H2S04.
TychoVII
Cyborg

My collection:

http://www.ripethings.com/~tycho7/Marathon%20Music/

That's just about every redone and remixed marathon theme I could find.
I've been using these as a replacement for my original M1 themes for a while now.
"We have enough youth. What we need is a fountain of smart."
Switch
Vidmaster

TychoVII wrote: My collection:

http://www.ripethings.com/~tycho7/Marathon%20Music/
That's just about every redone and remixed marathon theme I could find.
I've been using these as a replacement for my original M1 themes for a while now.
Thats amazing, would you mind emailing/uploading a zip to same me alot of time downloading and organising though? Im a huge fan of the m1 music and this would be great. If you can't, Ill download um 1 by 1, but just wanted to see If I could get them all at once first
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

yeah it would be real cool if u could zip those and post the file where we could get it.
TychoVII
Cyborg

pakkman781
Cyborg

Flowers in Heaven is the BEST MARATHON SONG EVAR!!! Do it! Do it now! :D

Pardon the n00bism.
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

thanks tycho for uploading those, Im currently trying to put a .sit file of my music on fireball, but its going slow as hell (pardon me). does anyone know a faster way to upload stuff, its around 98mb or so fyi
TychoVII
Cyborg

Blech. Don't use .sit :(
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

what then?
TychoVII
Cyborg

.zip of course.

Pakkman I think I have to agree that Flowers In Heaven is one of the best songs Marathon has to offer. I've listened to the version done by Tobacco to death (playcount: 353).

By the way. If you'd like my recommendation for which tracks to use for playing M1 in-game, I've uploaded my Tracks folder here:

http://www.ripethings.com/~tycho7/Tracks.zip

Just throw that in your Marathon folder and it should work.