SIGH

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
Darkwrath
Mjolnir Mark IV

Ok I finally figured out how to forward my ports in my router (meaning i found my password) and i forwarded them in the router and my firewall. All of them, 4226 and that other one on both udp and tcp. I set the thing to guest/guest in the player settings thing. Now people can join and it doesn't freeze anymore but they don't appear in the list of players to let in and when i turn it to auto gather on they don't come in when they join. Karma Nolan told me i had to open my upnp, i tried the option in host but it didn't work and i got an annoying message so i turned if off. What do I do?
The world is filled with bastard covered bastards with bastard fillings.

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|......, ] -
"(@)'(@)"""**|(@)(@)*** **''(@)

I'MMA FIRIN' MAH LAZAR
treellama
Vidmaster

Clearly you either did something wrong (besides opening any ports other than 4226, which is the only necessary one), or there's a third firewall you don't know about. If you get the UPnP error message, you should turn it off in Aleph One, or on in the router.
irons
Vidmaster

Fun Fact: Some Internet connections are actually very large NAT setups; a whole neighborhood might share a common network behind what equates to a large router system. Case in point: my DSL service at home. This prevents me from being able to host, because my IP address is only one of many in my "LAN." It's the same situation as in a home LAN except I have no control over forwarding the Aleph One port to the right place because the ISP is in charge of that part. Maybe this is the same problem you have.

Before you tell me that something must be better, because A1 no longer hangs in those situations, I'll say that Treellama added code to prevent those hangs in 0.19.0. So you're really just having the same problem, but with an improved client.
Last edited by irons on Nov 15th '07, 01:40, edited 1 time in total.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
Darkwrath
Mjolnir Mark IV

irons wrote:Fun Fact: Some Internet connections are actually very large NAT setups; a whole neighborhood might share a common network behind what equates to a large router system. Case in point: my DSL service at home. This prevents me from being able to host, because my IP address is only one of many in my "LAN." It's the same situation as in a home LAN except I have no control over forwarding the Aleph One port to the right place because the ISP is in charge of that part. Maybe this is the same problem you have.

Before you tell me that something must be better, because A1 no longer hangs in those situations, I'll say that Treellama added code to prevent those hangs in 0.19.0. So you're really just having the same problem, but with an improved client.
I have a private connection...i've been told that 3 times and it even says that in my connection settings. UpnP is enabled in my router (it was already when it still didn't work).

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||

I'MMA FIRIN' MAH LAZAR
irons
Vidmaster

Which connection settings?
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
treellama
Vidmaster

-JC- wrote:I have a private connection...
If you really have a private IP, no amount of firewall or NAT configuration will ever allow you to host.
Darkwrath
Mjolnir Mark IV

nevermind, you were right i did it wrong. Apparently when I opened the ports i set them to the wrong IP Address. Its fixed now, i can host. Thx.

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||

I'MMA FIRIN' MAH LAZAR