marathon infi

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
pallidice
Spazeroid

hi im pallidice im new here and i need some help. i thought i posted before but i looked in my profile and tried to see where the posts were and it said i didnt post so im trying again.

My specs are: operating sys- win7 32bit(6.1 build 7600)
processor- intel® pentium® duel cpu E2180 @ 2GHZ
memory- 2048mb ram
directX- direct X 11
manufacture- intel
Display: Intel® G33/G31 express chipset
chiptype- gma 3100
total mem- 256mb
display mode- 1024x736 32bit(60hz)
monitor- non-generic PnP

marathon runs fine but if i try and hit the m key to bring up the mini map the game crashes and when i try and use fists to punch something the game freezes up for about 4 sec then resumes normally until u try and punch again.

anyone have these problems or can help it would be appreciated.
treellama
Vidmaster

Thanks for posting your specs! Try disabling OpenGL (Preferences -> Graphics, pick the Software renderer)
Last edited by treellama on Jul 13th '12, 13:14, edited 1 time in total.
pallidice
Spazeroid

thx that did work but doesnt that also mean that i wont be able to use the new and improved graphics. also do you know y it is not working with those actions?
treellama
Vidmaster

Unfortunately it means you won't be able to use the new graphics. We recommend AMD or nVidia graphics cards for OpenGL, because in Windows the OpenGL drivers from other vendors aren't very good.

You can try getting the latest Intel graphics drivers and see if they improve anything.