Landscape chopped in Half

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
Coraxus
Cyborg

When the settings for landscape is set to "highest" and "1/2 or 1/4" the bottom half is black, if I set the rendering to "Full" I get that funky mirror effects. What can I do to fix this? I don't wanna have to disable the texture replacement scripts and pics.
treellama
Vidmaster

How much VRAM do you have?

Are these the JPEG replacements?

Can you just scale the JPEGs down to 1/2 width, 1/2 height?
Coraxus
Cyborg

They're the landscape replacement texture (in jpg format) I got from the http://source.bungie.org/ site. Also, before the Xmas build, I never had troubles with the landscape pics getting chopped in half before, so I suspect it's something buggy that's causing it.
Last edited by Coraxus on Feb 23rd '07, 03:03, edited 1 time in total.
Samus

Yeah, this happened to me too, I guess I got use to it... :( btw funky ammunition
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

Coraxus wrote:They're the landscape replacement texture (in jpg format) I got from the http://source.bungie.org/ site. Also, before the Xmas build, I never had troubles with the landscape pics getting chopped in half before, so I suspect it's something buggy that's causing it.
Get the ones off of the fileball.net site...I haven't had problems with those.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
Coraxus
Cyborg

Samus wrote:... :( btw funky ammunition
Yeah, even though I've played all the trilogies legitimetly many times over, I just happened to stumbled on to a cheat that was different than the Marathon Cheater application, I just wanted to see what it's like. Incidently, I also found out how one could semi-cheat, and that would be to save a game, go to prefs and select "Total Carnage" then play again to collect more ammos, then going back to "Normal" mode.

BTW, I did download the textures but I still get the half problem. However, I noticed that I didn't have problems with M2 landscape textures cause they show up intact. Also, I've discovered that the M2 landscapes are 1/2 the resolution compared to the Infinity, so it might be that, which seems kind of very strange to me that a pic with a much larger resolution would be chopped in half, so I'm gonna reduce it to see if it works or not.

[EDIT]
Okay, it seems I was right, the problem had to be that the resolution was what screwed up the landscape, and by reducing it in half, the problem instantly disappeared.
Last edited by Coraxus on Feb 23rd '07, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.