Aleph One development

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
herecomethej2000
Mjolnir Mark IV

I agree, If you can do it. I dont think lua can
kineticturtle
Vidmaster

Regardless of the technical issues of making these dual weild weapons function, the guns themselves would make the effort useless; the pistol takes two hands to reload, making it useless to hold it with the shotgun, and the fusion pistol already has a second trigger which would be broken even though it should in theory work with one hand.

I mean, I'd be amused by a LUA implimentation, but implimenting this into the engine would be... silly.

Not that there was any real danger of that happening...
Tichio
Spazeroid

Kinetic Turtle wrote:Regardless of the technical issues of making these dual weild weapons function, the guns themselves would make the effort useless; the pistol takes two hands to reload, making it useless to hold it with the shotgun, and the fusion pistol already has a second trigger which would be broken even though it should in theory work with one hand.

I mean, I'd be amused by a LUA implimentation, but implimenting this into the engine would be... silly.

Not that there was any real danger of that happening...
well, the rocket it technically one handed since you hold it on one shoulder ;3
[spnkr]
screamingfool
Mjolnir Mark IV

id suggest trying to stabilize, fire and load a rocket launcher with one hand while using a weapon in the other
Tichio
Spazeroid

screamingfool wrote:id suggest trying to stabilize, fire and load a rocket launcher with one hand while using a weapon in the other
try rapidly firing 2 shotguns accurately while reload one as you shoot the other =.= and if you could do the one weapon in one hand, one in another, napalm and flechette
irons
Vidmaster

It's not possible in Lua, either. Give up.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

-JC- wrote:What about that annoying "auto switch weapons" thing cause that just pisses me off ALL THE TIME. Its irritating to alot of people and i'm sure this would be better then some of the other suggestions.
You can turn it off in the Options menus...but then your Recordings won't work.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
irons
Vidmaster

Auto-switch is always on for network games, no matter what you do. It's just something you'll have to get used to. It's not that bad if you're a good player.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

You can turn it off in the Options menus...but then your Recordings won't work.
And that option is rendered obsolete in netgames; auto-switch is always enabled in multiplayer, period. Get used to it. With experience, it comes naturally, and you can compensate.
slypher
Cyborg

I love autoswitch, I owe it my ass.
teh shark blaster
treellama
Vidmaster

Some tactics:As soon as you run over a weapon you don't want, hit next/prev the appropriate number of timesRun around and collect all the annoying weapons before you get into the killing grooveNever stop firing (and you'll never switch weapons)
davidwood15
Cyborg

I'm new to this game as my friend introduced me... I didn't even relise they still done updates!!
supermne

Hi, guys!
How are you doing here?
I'm New here.
Lugas
Vidmaster

Do you play Marathon or are you a spammer?
assassingao
Vidmaster

Lugas wrote:Do you play Marathon or are you a spammer?
Spamming 'thonner.