Frozen mouse and frozen HUD

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
Somnus Gravis
Born on Board

Hello all,

I'm posting here because I am encountering troubles with my newly-installed Aleph One.

In fact, when I launch the game (with the last version of Aleph and the Marathon Infinity files I donwloaded from The Trilogy Release website), I can get to the menu (sometimes the title screen is persistent and take many mouse clicks to go away), but there... the mousedoesn't work. At all. It is frozen.

I can get past that by using keyboard shortcuts, but once in the game, everything plays fine... except the head up display, which is frozen. It means that when I fire a round, my magazines still appear full (althought the character reloads the weapon when needed and change to fists when it runs empty), when I get shot, my energy bar remains full (althought I'll die after too many hits), when I go underwater... I guess you got it.

Does someone know those bugs and how to get rid of them ? Thank you.

I'm running the game under Windows 7, on a Dell Latitude E6420.

Specs :
CPU : Intel Core i5-2520M (2.5 GHz)
RAM : 2 Go DDR3 1333 MHz (8 Go)
Graphic Card : Intel GMA HD 3000 (cpu-integrated)

Also, I don't know if it matters, but I don't have admin priviledges on the laptop.

Best regards,

SG
Ne Cede Malis.
treellama
Vidmaster

Can you try using the Software renderer? It's in Preferences -> Graphics.
Somnus Gravis
Born on Board

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

The rendering option was already set to "Software", so I changed it to "Open GL".

I haven't done much testing, but it all seems to work a lot better now :)

Thank you !
Ne Cede Malis.